PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   HTC Mogul Sprint ROM 2.17.651.0 - feedback (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=12686)

initial 11-29-2007 12:58 AM

HTC Mogul Sprint ROM 2.17.651.0 - feedback

Report your experience with the new ROM. Good or bad! If you figure out any solutions please let us know!

Rom can be found here:
http://download.america.htc.com/RUU_...47.01_Ship.exe

Reported by users:
+ Bluetooth issues fixed.
+ Battery life dramatically improved.
+ Phone is more responsive
+ Alarm works (for the majority) when charging.

- Bluetooth volume decreases after the sprint customization take place.
- Roaming features and switching often cause phone to hang.
- Memory leaks still exist.
- Some bluetooth headsets are now incompatible and have syncing issues.

Kasracer 11-29-2007 01:00 AM

Ugh, I downloaded this update and was all ready to install... then I saw multiple people with the annoying issue with the soft keyboard screen as well as other misc issues.

Looks like I'm waiting yet again for the next update.

My phone is very critical when I'm on call and I hate it when it feels like I'm constantly beta testing something.

MobileHackerC 11-29-2007 01:03 AM

where did you get 2.17 update from?? I didnt see it on HTC website???

TexasMogul 11-29-2007 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasracer (Post 131787)
Ugh, I downloaded this update and was all ready to install... then I saw multiple people with the annoying issue with the soft keyboard screen as well as other misc issues.

Looks like I'm waiting yet again for the next update.

My phone is very critical when I'm on call and I hate it when it feels like I'm constantly beta testing something.

just a quick note, i ran no mods previously and updated and i do not see those issues.

tavella 11-29-2007 01:08 AM

I am still having problems with my GPS receiver (Garmin Mobile 10) to respond after making a phone call on my headset (Jabra 8010). Reboot still required....

rawr 11-29-2007 01:11 AM

i'll try my Holux M1000 and let you guys know what happens... i use iGuidance 4

works fine! no troubles.

initial 11-29-2007 01:17 AM

Yeah I tried a hard reset and ran it. Works fine. I'm going to guess it's the Kaiser 10Button Comm Manager I installed. I'll try installing and customizing again and try to find the problem.

tavella 11-29-2007 01:38 AM

Ok...... I turn off my headset and magically the bluetooth receiver works again..... Well with Google Maps, Telenav is a no, go unless I select the GPS device again in the config. No reboot required. Now why can't both of the devices play nice together?

pctek4456 11-29-2007 06:10 AM

I have installed the new 2.17 rom with the 1.47.01 radio. Seems like the radio issues have not been resolved. My Phone claims that there is no ev-do signal when I had full signal before the upgrade. I reflashed my radio back to 1.40 and everything went back to normal. Also roaming is not working for me with radio 1.47.01. It will stay looking for a signal while set on "roaming only" for about 5 minutes then it locks onto an unstable roaming signal. Once again flashing radio 1.40 fixes those two issues for me.

ImCoKeMaN 11-29-2007 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pctek4456 (Post 131936)
I have installed the new 2.17 rom with the 1.47.01 radio. Seems like the radio issues have not been resolved. My Phone claims that there is no ev-do signal when I had full signal before the upgrade. I reflashed my radio back to 1.40 and everything went back to normal. Also roaming is not working for me with radio 1.47.01. It will stay looking for a signal while set on "roaming only" for about 5 minutes then it locks onto an unstable roaming signal. Once again flashing radio 1.40 fixes those two issues for me.

For anyone that doesn't want to install the 1.47 radio i've posted the OS only. It uses bigstorage to save about 10mb too. No other mods were done to it.

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...RUU_signed.rar