PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2007, 09:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Imcokeman,
did u also expierence issues with the 1.47 radio and replaced it with the 1.40 or was it just a precaution. I dont want to keep flashing back and forth from just 1 account of a possible issue .
I dont roam and i dont get evdo, so i wouldnt come accross those issues if the were true with the 1.47 radio/ BUT i would like to have the capability available, incase sometime in the future i might need to do so.
So if u would so kindly fill me in on whats up, and if u recommend going with the 1.40 radio ( i value your opinion ) i will not question it any further and just do it. since i already loaded the 2.17 with 1.47 radio, could i get away with just changing the radio only or do u recommend flashing the whole thing 1 more time with your mod?
thanks bro and a quick reply would be aswome and greatly appreciated.

PS: actually ANY DEV who might be able to answer the question in case cokeman not here, I would welcome your feedback as well/ im tired and its 6:am in the morning so i just want to get it over with. THANK U
Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
ImCoKeMaN,

Thanks for the OS-only ROM update!

bunvilla,

His ROM will only update the OS, so whatever radio is installed when you flash will still be there. If you have 1.40, you keep 1.40. If you have 1.47, you keep 1.47.

Best Regards,
Aaron
Old 11-29-2007, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: cricket

bunvilla is keeping up the good workbunvilla is keeping up the good work
Smile

question is though, is there a problem with the 1.47 radio as stated from a prior post/ or did cokeman just kindly modded the 2.17 regardless of the complaint from the prior post who had issues?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:23 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
ImCoKeMaN,

Thanks for the OS-only ROM update!

bunvilla,

His ROM will only update the OS, so whatever radio is installed when you flash will still be there. If you have 1.40, you keep 1.40. If you have 1.47, you keep 1.47.

Best Regards,
Aaron
How do you check you radio?

Edit: I found it.

Last edited by shaun0207; 11-29-2007 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:27 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207
Is there a way to merge the new update and the 1.40 radio?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
My device was connected to AS this morning, and locked up after about 15 minutes. I live in a fringe area, and I saw from the icon up top that the Sprint connection had been lost. A soft reset resolved it, but I'll be keeping an eye out for frequent lock-ups. Prior to this, I had changed the roaming settings several times to see if it would bring the device to a crawl as the 1.47 radio used to do. Since there were no slow-downs, I assumed it was fixed.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

qwho is keeping up the good workqwho is keeping up the good work
My reception hasn't been effected by the radio version thus far. I'm not sure everyone is having the problem. I'll continue to monitor though.

Also, slingbox does not appear to work any better with the new rom.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:37 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
question is though, is there a problem with the 1.47 radio as stated from a prior post/ or did cokeman just kindly modded the 2.17 regardless of the complaint from the prior post who had issues?

My personal opinion is not to flash radios unless needed. I haven't had issues with stock radio and i hear of them with others. The 1.40 radio is available on the FTP seperately i believe, but all the roms i post are OS only so people can keep whatever they want.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

ViPaDawG is just getting started
i've been using my mogul, and as far as texts, so far so good, normally the 2.16 rom had issues with receiving texts in a timely manner, but so far it's been spot on. i haven't had any soft keyboard issues, or any other issues so far either. also, it's of note that the radio is 1.47.01, and not just 1.47, i'm not sure how much different it makes since it's just .01, but I am not going to complain, since it works for me. I haven't gone into a roaming area yet, so I'm not sure if that is the case.
Old 11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

dew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardew.man is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
From my experience, one big advantage of some of the radio roms, however, is better power management resulting in longer battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan