PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2007, 07:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This thread title (as well as the content in the op) is completely and utterly useless and misleading.

WHAT EXACTLY DOES THIS COMBINATION "FIX" THAT WE DIDN'T HAVE JUST RUNNING THE 2.08 ROM???

As far as I can tell, this "find" accomplishes exactly NOTHING.

The stock ROM (2.0 NEVER had the bluetooth shutting off issues that the new ones had! However it had many others, including often incomprehensibly poor bluetooth handsfree quality (that would degrade the longer it is used), and alarms not going off when the device is plugged in.

Going back to this ROM brings back the original problems, and there was nothing wrong with the stock Radio! We only ran into problems with the latest 1.47 Radio... And just so you know, the Radio code controls only access to the towers- nothing in there about Bluetooth or alarms or anything like that.
So, basically you are saying that you went back to the stock 2.08, and added the instability of 1.47? And how is this perfect??

Don't forget, many of us were running the 2.08 ROM until recently, awaiting the promised update that would fix bluetooth and alarms, and hopefully give us the awaited Rev A as well as the rumored GPS capability (which is believed to now be a lost cause).
When the new 2.16 broke more things than it fixed, many users were happy that they could go back to their original 2.08 ROM and just hope that the NEXT one fixes everything. But this isn't a solution- this is back to the beginning and the original problems again!!!

I vote that this thread be locked and/or have the subject changed because it is very misleading... it just gets people's hopes up for now good reason.

Last edited by dishe; 11-04-2007 at 07:42 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 07:55 PM
dcd
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIPdcd is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Yeah...my Mogul originally came with 2.08 and did not have the Bluetooth 'turn-off' or 'disconnect' problem...as with Sprint 2.16 and Alltel as well as your ROM.

With 2.08 and 2.09, there was never an issue of bluetooth just randomly dropping connection...the only issue with those two ROMs was bluetooth sound was choppy. The connection drop issue came with 2.16 and I was it present in your ROM as well as Alltel.
oh ok thanks for the clarification. but that means it will do me no good to take the 2.08 bt drivers.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
There is no way 1.47 Radio ROM is stable. It was stable for me in Sprint covered EVDO areas. But if you start to hit the fringe EVDO or Voice ROAMing, good luck.

We all put our phone under different conditions and the 1.47 knocks out a good chunk of conditions it should handle and many of us need and want.

One problem with many of these issues is they are intermittent or depend on the conditions you put the phone in. So you really have to run the thing for a good week under varying conditions to really state how well it's doing.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Vote To Close This Thread.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:03 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
dishe, get off your friggin high horse and quit casting votes to close threads.

You have NO power here whatsoever or even really any tenure and you come in acting like you're god, you know everything, everyone else knows nothing, AND you have the audacity to POST about how threads should be closed.

If you really want a thread closed, try PMing a mod with a detailed reason for it to be closed.

Threads on forums shouldn't be closed unless absolutely necessary. This pisses off forum members more than anything else other than uncalled-for bans.

Last edited by EtherealRemnant; 11-04-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

papped is a n00b
All these ROM suggestions are YMMV anyways.

I never get the crashing when roaming or switching between evdo and 1x on the 2.16 ROM, but I do crash a lot when modifying the Today screen at all.

Also the 2.09 ROM was far more unstable for me than 2.16 is, which is not the case for other people.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T
Threadstarter

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
Vote To Close This Thread.
You know what, I've read many of your post in various threads and I don't think I've read anything good or encouraging or helpful that you've said to anyone in that perticular post. I think you need to settle down. This is an open forum where everyone is entitled to voice their opinions...as so I am doing the same.

Now, I found 2.08 ROM and 1.47 Radio ROM to work flawlessly together, thus the title. I know people say they've had problems with Radio 1.47 but you guys should seriously consider trying this...its well worth a shot. 2.09 only opened the Sprint Music Store thus 2.08 and 2.09 are nearly identical as far an functionality. 2.16 is a broken ROM so the most stable (unless you use the music store) is 2.08.

Again, just want you guys to try it...and see how it works for you.
Old 11-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo

DiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDiamynzNPearlz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks for the tip...I'll try it!

|Sprint 'Evo'|
|Follow me on Twitter @LarkNoVoorhies|
Old 11-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2

imkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good workimkk is keeping up the good work
If I don't find a thread useful and want it closed, or don't like the title, do I still have to read it?
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ok, look, I'm sorry.

I was a little harsh before, and I apologize. I'm under a lot of stress at work the past 2 weeks and its wore my patience down thin. To top it off, many of my co-workers have bought Moguls because of me, and I'm somehow expected to give them tech support since I seem to know more about it than they do.
Lately, I've been brushing them off because I'm busy, and I tell them to turn here for help on their own. Well, when posts like this turn up, and they get the wrong idea, I end up having to clean up their mess when they don't understand why flashing back to 2.08 didn't fix all their problems like someone on the forum said. So, for my own sanity at my job, I end up taking information on the forum more personally than some.
You've to be careful how you phrase your titles here.

EtherealRemnant, you say I have no tenure here, and that may be true. However I've been involved in PPC development since the turn of the century (who here even remembers the Audiovox Thera?), and I've decided to leave other message boards because they became so out of control that you could not find any useful information anymore. I'd really hate to see that happen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
You know what, I've read many of your post in various threads and I don't think I've read anything good or encouraging or helpful that you've said to anyone in that perticular post.
Ouch, that's harsh.
How about the "How to flash your Phone" stickied at the top of this forum?
I can be very helpful to a forum, and some of the moderators I believe know me from other forums and can vouch for me. I was one of the first to pinpoint the cause of the 2.16 rom freezes, and brought it to the attention of some of the cookers trying to base a custom ROM on it. I was involved in porting Windows Mobile 2003 to devices stuck with PPC 3.0 back in the day. There's no way I'm the smartest guy around here, but I think I know a thing or two.
But again, I apologize for my attitude lately.

I find it amazing how quickly everyone can turn on me, though. Nothing I've ever said was encouraging or helpful? Yikes.

Back on topic:

Quote:
Now, I found 2.08 ROM and 1.47 Radio ROM to work flawlessly together, thus the title. I know people say they've had problems with Radio 1.47 but you guys should seriously consider trying this...its well worth a shot. 2.09 only opened the Sprint Music Store thus 2.08 and 2.09 are nearly identical as far an functionality. 2.16 is a broken ROM so the most stable (unless you use the music store) is 2.08.

Again, just want you guys to try it...and see how it works for you.
Now, again, what does this "fix" that wasn't available by just leaving the 2.08 ROM there? Maybe I'm just not understanding... What exactly did the 1.47 Radio add?
According to your point of view, did the plain 'ol stock mogul with 2.08 ROM work flawlessly?

How about this, I humbly suggest that the title by changed to "2.08 rom and 1.47 Radio don't freeze... confirm?", or something like that. This title makes it sound like you found a miracle cure.

Last edited by dishe; 11-04-2007 at 11:51 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan