View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 11:44 PM
dishe
Halfway to VIP Status

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ok, look, I'm sorry.

I was a little harsh before, and I apologize. I'm under a lot of stress at work the past 2 weeks and its wore my patience down thin. To top it off, many of my co-workers have bought Moguls because of me, and I'm somehow expected to give them tech support since I seem to know more about it than they do.
Lately, I've been brushing them off because I'm busy, and I tell them to turn here for help on their own. Well, when posts like this turn up, and they get the wrong idea, I end up having to clean up their mess when they don't understand why flashing back to 2.08 didn't fix all their problems like someone on the forum said. So, for my own sanity at my job, I end up taking information on the forum more personally than some.
You've to be careful how you phrase your titles here.

EtherealRemnant, you say I have no tenure here, and that may be true. However I've been involved in PPC development since the turn of the century (who here even remembers the Audiovox Thera?), and I've decided to leave other message boards because they became so out of control that you could not find any useful information anymore. I'd really hate to see that happen here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
You know what, I've read many of your post in various threads and I don't think I've read anything good or encouraging or helpful that you've said to anyone in that perticular post.
Ouch, that's harsh.
How about the "How to flash your Phone" stickied at the top of this forum?
I can be very helpful to a forum, and some of the moderators I believe know me from other forums and can vouch for me. I was one of the first to pinpoint the cause of the 2.16 rom freezes, and brought it to the attention of some of the cookers trying to base a custom ROM on it. I was involved in porting Windows Mobile 2003 to devices stuck with PPC 3.0 back in the day. There's no way I'm the smartest guy around here, but I think I know a thing or two.
But again, I apologize for my attitude lately.

I find it amazing how quickly everyone can turn on me, though. Nothing I've ever said was encouraging or helpful? Yikes.

Back on topic:

Quote:
Now, I found 2.08 ROM and 1.47 Radio ROM to work flawlessly together, thus the title. I know people say they've had problems with Radio 1.47 but you guys should seriously consider trying this...its well worth a shot. 2.09 only opened the Sprint Music Store thus 2.08 and 2.09 are nearly identical as far an functionality. 2.16 is a broken ROM so the most stable (unless you use the music store) is 2.08.

Again, just want you guys to try it...and see how it works for you.
Now, again, what does this "fix" that wasn't available by just leaving the 2.08 ROM there? Maybe I'm just not understanding... What exactly did the 1.47 Radio add?
According to your point of view, did the plain 'ol stock mogul with 2.08 ROM work flawlessly?

How about this, I humbly suggest that the title by changed to "2.08 rom and 1.47 Radio don't freeze... confirm?", or something like that. This title makes it sound like you found a miracle cure.

Last edited by dishe; 11-04-2007 at 11:51 PM.