PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2007, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T
Threadstarter

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
But again, I apologize for my attitude lately.

I find it amazing how quickly everyone can turn on me, though. Nothing I've ever said was encouraging or helpful? Yikes.
Hey, apology accepted and I'm sorry too for what I said; hopefully you can get all that mess sorted out with your co-workers.

I understand what you're saying....It's not a miracle cure, that's for sure and that's why I said, "close enough." But I'll be glad to change the title if people think its conveying the wrong message.

And my reason for using 2.08 with 1.47 (instead of 1.32) Radio ROM was that obviously newer radio means better coverage in certain areas (if that's wrong, please correct me). And so here is what my thinking was... What's the best, most stable OS ROM that works perfectly with the latest Radio ROM...and that turned out to be the 2.08 with 1.47 combination.

And you guys let me know what you want me to change the title too...again, be glad to change it.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Hey, apology accepted and I'm sorry too for what I said; hopefully you can get all that mess sorted out with your co-workers.
That's ok. They're probably reading this and thinking what a fool I made of myself...
Nah, who am I kidding. They never get past the first post of any thread...

Quote:
And my reason for using 2.08 with 1.47 (instead of 1.32) Radio ROM was that obviously newer radio means better coverage in certain areas (if that's wrong, please correct me). And so here is what my thinking was... What's the best, most stable OS ROM that works perfectly with the latest Radio ROM...and that turned out to be the 2.08 with 1.47 combination.
Newer roms means things were changed. I wish I could say it always meant better, but sadly it is not so. In this case, it seems to have conflicts when switching between networks, but then again I haven't tried using it with 2.08 so I can't say I know for sure.
I did hear someone complain that 1.47 with 2.09 DID still freeze-up when switching out of EVDO coverage, so I'd be careful with your setup. 2.08 and 2.09 are awfully similar. I don't think anyone has confirmed better coverage with 1.47 in any case. I think the changes had more to do with battery life than better coverage.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

So far so good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
I don't think anyone has confirmed better coverage with 1.47 in any case. I think the changes had more to do with battery life than better coverage.
hmmm...now that you mention the battery life thing, I'd say I'm getting much better battery life as well as coverage with 1.47. I really had not payed any attention to the battery thing until you mentioned it but I had horrendous battery life with 2.09 with 1.32 Radio ROM. My phone has actually started going past 24 hours without dying and with more than 40% battery left.

I have been running the 2.08 OS ROM with 1.47 Radio ROM for a good 48+ hours now and I have not experienced a single lock up, as of yet...nor have I experienced any bluetooth drop issues as well as D-Pad lock up issues. So as per now, I'd say this combination of the latest radio rom with 2.08 is working wonderfully. I don't use the Sprint Music store so this I'd is an ideal set up.

Btw, I am running the following programs:
Spb Mobile Shell
TCPMP
CommManager - 10 Button
Resco Registry Add-in
Resco Explorer
Sprint TV
Windows Live (Fixed)
RARLabs
Remote Desktop (RDP)
Office Mobile
Music ID
Live Search
Adobe FlashLite
Audible Air (it was on there already)

I have the following specs, following a soft reset:
Storage Memory: 131.18MB
Program Memory: 21.77MB (a bit low but all is regained with Oxios CloseApp or Hibernate)
---------------
And could someone please tell me how the heck do I change the title or the thread???
Old 11-05-2007, 11:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Just thought I'd mention that I'm running the 2.08 ROM with the 1.40 radio and have had no problems whatsoever thus far (this is coming from 2.16 with 1.47 which was lockup city).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:19 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had 2.08 originally on my 6800 and people were always saying I sounded choppy on it. I "upgraded" to 2.09 and I still sounded choppy. I "upgraded" to 2.16 and although I didn't sound choppy any more my phone locked up, my BT disconnected or shut off on a regular basis. Does the radio have anything to do with the BT?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boe View Post
I had 2.08 originally on my 6800 and people were always saying I sounded choppy on it. I "upgraded" to 2.09 and I still sounded choppy. I "upgraded" to 2.16 and although I didn't sound choppy any more my phone locked up, my BT disconnected or shut off on a regular basis. Does the radio have anything to do with the BT?
The Radio shouldn't have anything to do with Bluetooth issues. If anything, the radio could lead to lock ups because of signal type changes (Ev to 1X, etc.) as many have reported. But let me say this, I have noticed (but have not been able to duplicate) that when signal mode switches from Ev to 1X, Bluetooth turns off. See if you can duplicate it, if you want. This is on 2.16 ROM with 1.47 Radio ROM or dcd's 1.4 and 1.1 with whatever radio he uses (I think its 1.47).
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Just thought I'd mention that I'm running the 2.08 ROM with the 1.40 radio and have had no problems whatsoever thus far (this is coming from 2.16 with 1.47 which was lockup city).
Do you use Bluetooth at all? And, if you want a newer Radio ROM, try 1.47 with 2.08 OS ROM, it should work like a charm......that is if you wanna' fiddle around with your phone some more.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Do you use Bluetooth at all? And, if you want a newer Radio ROM, try 1.47 with 2.08 OS ROM, it should work like a charm......that is if you wanna' fiddle around with your phone some more.
I use bluetooth a lot and have had no issues thus far. I had a ton of problems with the 1.47 radio and have no desire to try it again. I'll wait until a new ROM is released and given the thumbs up before I upgrade again.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I have 2.09 and 1.47 since last Saturday w/o any BT issues(drops,shut-off etc..).I had tried 2.16 and 1.40 or even 1.32,all have BT disconnect issues.So it seemed to me that the fault was in 2.16 OS(may be a driver issue).just my 2 cents.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I have 2.09 and 1.47 since last Saturday w/o any BT issues(drops,shut-off etc..).I had tried 2.16 and 1.40 or even 1.32,all have BT disconnect issues.So it seemed to me that the fault was in 2.16 OS(may be a driver issue).just my 2 cents.
That is exactly my point. People are saying that its Radio 1.47 that is causing issues while I think otherwise. ANd believe me, I've tested many many combinations and the issue seems to be with 2.16 OS ROM and not the 1.47 Radio ROM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan