PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: did the sprint 2.16 work good for you?
yes, the update has been good with no problems. 152 38.38%
no, the update didn't work. still have many problems. 140 35.35%
haven't installed rom update yet. just like to vote on polls. lol. 104 26.26%
Voters: 396. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 01:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mezozoy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Issues with DPad and BT (A2DP)

After soft reset DPad works fine for some time, but after waking up from standby it stops responding.
BT (A2DP profile) keeps loosing connection, using Moto S9. When phone sits in BT range for some time, it keeps repairing every 15min. or so- headphones make the connection sound for no reason.

Did hard reset before ROM update and allowed Sprint customization to run completely. Have some soft installed already- HTC Home, MS VC 1.6, PocketCM Keyboard and Contacts etc.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint

signothefish is keeping up the good worksignothefish is keeping up the good work
Everyone do this: Turn BT on and let your device go to sleep. Turn the power back on and try to use your D-pad. It shouldn't work.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Everything works good as long as I keep BT off when not in use and set the phone to Sprint only. With the Bt on the phone's DPad will not work after it comes out of sleep mode. So I make sure I turn the BT off when I no long use the headset to listen to music or talk on the phone.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
you guys who don't have the lockups...

Mine was working fine at first too. It wasn't until I went to my office where there is a weak signal that it started freezing up. At one point it got so bad that the phone would lock up upon the soft reset! It wouldn't even finish booting!
Then when I went home to my good EVDO coverage area, everything seemed fine again.

We're pretty sure it has to do with the Radio ROM part of the update, more specifically, the phone goes a bit nutty when switching networks (roaming in and out) on a weak signal. If you're in a good coverage area, everything is hunky dory, and you guys might think your update works great! But then you might go into a store or travel somewhere only to find that your phone has locked up in your pocket and you missed a lot of calls without knowing! Worse yet, even after soft resetting, your phone won't be stable again until you move to a different location.

Just cuz it works now doesn't mean there isn't a problem. This is serious.

i have been reading where people claim it is when thay which between evdo and 1x. i live in a fringe area ( on the boarder of evdo area) and it switches all the time. never had anyproblems beside battery life while it is switching. hmmm.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Sprint PCS

mezozoy is a n00b
I think you are on to something here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
Everyone do this: Turn BT on and let your device go to sleep. Turn the power back on and try to use your D-pad. It shouldn't work.
Just turned BT stack off on the phone and DPad is working fine.
Remember old days on PC (pre PnP)- if you had multiple devices on same IRQ, like mouse and NIC, it was working the same way- one at a time :-/
Old 10-25-2007, 02:00 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxnext View Post
too soon to say for me. theres always a improvement on a hard reset as well after some use. but so far I wanna say it seems to behave better... the real test is my brothers girlfriend, she seems to have a way with (creating) finding errors.
maybe that has something to do with it. i was told to do another hardreset after flashing rom. i do this even with sprint released roms. hmmm.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by signothefish View Post
ok, this did give me problems. i will edit my first post and give a link to this post. hmmm maybe we should start calling sprint.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul

JohnH59 is a n00b
Update went okay. The only problems I have now are BT turns off and D-Pad occasionally stops for a few moments.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
Smile I rarely post but...

I updated my Rom yesterday around 3pm. Everything was working fine, until I went to my GF's house around 8pm(I Roam constantly or have no service there). The Dpad quit working momentarily. After turning BT on, and letting my phone sleep; My Dpad still works. So it was just a momentary lapse. However, my GF and others report that I sound alot better via blueteeth. I honestly seem to have better battery life and no roaming issues. However, now my phone states that is it no longer refurbished(after being replaced) and does not have an activation date.

It is still early into this new ROM, but after the dust settled; I think it is worth the update.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Ok I have the dpad problem when leaving bluetooth on. If I shut bluetooth off the dpad starts working again. No need for a soft reset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan