PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   who's sprint 2.16 rom is working good? take poll and reply to thread. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10433)

codyppc 10-25-2007 01:19 PM

who's sprint 2.16 rom is working good? take poll and reply to thread.

i just want to start by saying mine is working fine. i have had no dpad problems, no phone lock ups, no problems connecting to exchange, no problems with bluetooth turning off, and it seems that my bluetooth sounds better. although i have only used bluetooth about an hour a day for the last two days.

i know that these problems have filled the boards on many forums. i want to know how many have had good luck with this update. know one ever post the good stuff. we just hear about the problems. i no it is not perfect,but is it all that bad?

this thread (and poll) results maybe helpful in letting sprint/htc know that thay failed, if that be the case.

please take a second to vote. reply as well.

thanks, cody

edit... before you vote try this... Turn BT on and let your device go to sleep. Turn the power back on and try to use your D-pad. It shouldn't work.

i thought i was all good with the update untill now. darn it. looks like i'm going back to dcd's roms.

original post about this... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=12

tpmwr 10-25-2007 01:22 PM

Installing mine now. PS Cody, can you take a look at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10431 for me, I think you'd have an answer

JackSchitt28 10-25-2007 01:28 PM

mine is fine in all aspects, only screwey thing now that i never had before is when i soft reset and it comes back to the today screen, the wifi turns on and then i have to dismiss any found signals, and thats with the wifi switch off. other than that everything is good.

codyppc 10-25-2007 01:28 PM

wow all ready 3 good and no bad. see i thought it may have been better than it appeared.

honan 10-25-2007 01:32 PM

Installed last night, wife already can tell the difference with my H700 headset. Bluetooth so far better.

Already made the tethering edit and still works.

codyppc 10-25-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackSchitt28 (Post 106839)
mine is fine in all aspects, only screwey thing now that i never had before is when i soft reset and it comes back to the today screen, the wifi turns on and then i have to dismiss any found signals, and thats with the wifi switch off. other than that everything is good.

hmmm, sounds like you have push email enabled. this happens to me when i softreset while the device is set to airplain mode (radio off). it has something to do with push REALLY wanting to connect. this has always been the case. even with the old roms(2.08 and 2.09).

altho i have not seen what you are experinceing. i have push and have soft reset a few times. very weird though.

JackSchitt28 10-25-2007 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 106846)
hmmm, sounds like you have push email enabled. this happens to me when i softreset while the device is set to airplain mode (radio off). it has something to do with push REALLY wanting to connect. this has always been the case. even with the old roms(2.08 and 2.09).

altho i have not seen what you are experinceing. i have push and have soft reset a few times. very weird though.

yeah your probably right, it never did it before with the old rom. either way it is no big deal. i just dismiss it and by then it is in evdo connected again.

msbullock 10-25-2007 01:38 PM

Love the update! Notice a small difference in speed, loading, keyboard. Still works with my cheap A2DP headphones! Over all, I'm glad I did the update, worth cleaning out the phone and reloading all of the newest software. Best of all works with SprintRelay now!

dishe 10-25-2007 01:46 PM

you guys who don't have the lockups...

Mine was working fine at first too. It wasn't until I went to my office where there is a weak signal that it started freezing up. At one point it got so bad that the phone would lock up upon the soft reset! It wouldn't even finish booting!
Then when I went home to my good EVDO coverage area, everything seemed fine again.

We're pretty sure it has to do with the Radio ROM part of the update, more specifically, the phone goes a bit nutty when switching networks (roaming in and out) on a weak signal. If you're in a good coverage area, everything is hunky dory, and you guys might think your update works great! But then you might go into a store or travel somewhere only to find that your phone has locked up in your pocket and you missed a lot of calls without knowing! Worse yet, even after soft resetting, your phone won't be stable again until you move to a different location.

Just cuz it works now doesn't mean there isn't a problem. This is serious.

gxnext 10-25-2007 01:46 PM

too soon to say for me. theres always a improvement on a hard reset as well after some use. but so far I wanna say it seems to behave better... the real test is my brothers girlfriend, she seems to have a way with (creating) finding errors.