PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 10:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
right on. downloading now. i'm really liking testing these new roms.

i had the 6700, but sold it right before you guys started cooking. got the treo 700wx and missed out on a lot of cool stuff. i cant wait for the kitchen.

thanks buddy and keep up the good work.

cody
Old 10-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
new version, fixes many of the bugs from before
Which bugs? Actual Sprint bugs, or just little bugs that were in your rom?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
I may try this when it's more stable. Although I'd end up just reinstalling Adobe Reader and Zip, and probably Java.

Although I use wkTask, so I would definately go with the "don't include x-button in rom." It's easy enough to install whatever you prefer later.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Which bugs? Actual Sprint bugs, or just little bugs that were in your rom?
mainly the bug in my rom where it took a long time to initally start up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
I may try this when it's more stable. Although I'd end up just reinstalling Adobe Reader and Zip, and probably Java.

Although I use wkTask, so I would definately go with the "don't include x-button in rom." It's easy enough to install whatever you prefer later.
I'm thinking of making two branches of the rom, but that will have to wait until i have more time.
Old 10-27-2007, 04:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by no2chem View Post
I'm thinking of making two branches of the rom, but that will have to wait until i have more time.
Cheers to that! I would love the option the "Fixed" stripped down base ROM or one with some programs.

Ultimately though.....

Can you tell us if or when a Kitchen might be available to us? so we are all not asking you to make 17 versions with 3 different task managers

I would love a no2chem kitchen!

(i would also gratefully be your humble student if you were to find me worthy to share your cooking process)
Old 10-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by canospinach View Post
Cheers to that! I would love the option the "Fixed" stripped down base ROM or one with some programs.

Ultimately though.....

Can you tell us if or when a Kitchen might be available to us? so we are all not asking you to make 17 versions with 3 different task managers

I would love a no2chem kitchen!

(i would also gratefully be your humble student if you were to find me worthy to share your cooking process)
eh, kitchen is a possibility - just need some time - its not exactly super-user-friendly at the moment. eventually i'll probably strip out everything and leave the dialer,commmanger, and office as packages, but that would be once a kitchen is made.

cooking the rom essentially uses all the tools/methods described on here and xda, workflow is like:

nbhextract(ruu_signed.nbh) -> mamaich's/tadzio's imgfstools(os.nb) -> bepe's pkgtools(imgfs dump) -> modify packages, do work here -> missar's g'realloc (imgfs sys/oem) -> bepe's buildOS (imgfs sys/oem) -> mamaich's/tadzio's imgfstools(imgfs dump) -> xvi32(os.nb) -> nbhgen(os.nb) -> new ruu_signed.nbh
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Lurker

dustobub is a n00b
More recommendations:

Add the two wmv9 codecs to /windows/ so other players besides WMP can play windows media files. Located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298126

I kind of like having the HTC Zip, never know when you might encounter a zip file. What is your reason for removing it? I guess if you are going for a base ROM which I do understand. But for the other branch, I would say keep Zip and maybe Adobe.

Do you know if the A2DP fix is needed for the new ROM, I used my Moto S9 with the 2.09 rom with no problems every, in stereo.

Thanks for your hard work. Love the idea of possibly having a kitchen.

Dustin
Old 10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustobub View Post
More recommendations:

Add the two wmv9 codecs to /windows/ so other players besides WMP can play windows media files. Located here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=298126

I kind of like having the HTC Zip, never know when you might encounter a zip file. What is your reason for removing it? I guess if you are going for a base ROM which I do understand. But for the other branch, I would say keep Zip and maybe Adobe.

Do you know if the A2DP fix is needed for the new ROM, I used my Moto S9 with the 2.09 rom with no problems every, in stereo.

Thanks for your hard work. Love the idea of possibly having a kitchen.

Dustin

Thanks,

I removed zip because it could easily be replaced with winrar, and if there is a kitchen you'd be able to select which one you want. Adobe could probably be replaced with a new version.

A2DP patch is included, i'll probably add wm9 codecs as well soon. Verision 0.3 is coming out soon with some very sweet suprises that have to do with the XIP section so stay tuned =p
Old 10-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Lurker

dustobub is a n00b
Great to hear about upcoming updates. Just to let you know I have experienced Zero freezes with both roms of yours that I have tried. I am running the sprint 1.40 radio. With the official sprint update and the 1.47 radio I had lockups all the time. Has anyone tried the new radio with this rom? On a side note, can you change the dialer skins blue lettering on the call status page from blue to white? I have used a kaiser dialpad that had white lettering, I think. Thanks.

Dustin
Old 10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustobub View Post
Great to hear about upcoming updates. Just to let you know I have experienced Zero freezes with both roms of yours that I have tried. I am running the sprint 1.40 radio. With the official sprint update and the 1.47 radio I had lockups all the time. Has anyone tried the new radio with this rom? On a side note, can you change the dialer skins blue lettering on the call status page from blue to white? I have used a kaiser dialpad that had white lettering, I think. Thanks.

Dustin
There is a new alpha, if you're inclined to flash it. Please read warnings on first page before doing anything. i'll look into the blue font issue. I am running 1.47, but live in a 100% evdo area.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan