PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Lurker

dustobub is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Okay, I changed my mind, X-Button 1.5 is the best, keep it in the ROM. I did use the one included in SPB Pocket Plus 4, but X-Button 1.5 is much better.

Dustin
Old 10-25-2007, 06:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Any comments from the people that have run this rom? Are you having any problems with the d-pad, lock-ups, blue tooth shutting off, etc?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmwr View Post
Strange, it just randomly rebooted on me, I wasn't doing anything with it
Strange. I wonder if the issue has to do with the new sprint rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenny View Post
Any comments from the people that have run this rom? Are you having any problems with the d-pad, lock-ups, blue tooth shutting off, etc?
I am curious about this as well - I haven't had any lockups just yet - but i'm sure I inherited some of the problems of the new sprint rom since it is based off of it...

Also, new philosophy - when I release the next version it'll be stripped out of more stuff, like Java and Zip, and i'll take out the battery gauge. Basically It will be a very base rom. I will however put office 2007 and such. I'm thinking of making two versions - a _base_ rom and a rom with some extras in it - the base rom would be good for people who want to stick there own stuff in it, since at the moment I don't really have the time to make a kitchen out of it....
Old 10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Delux Windoz9 6800+
Carrier: SARS, Avian Flu, Scabies

canospinach is keeping up the good workcanospinach is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to canospinach
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustobub View Post
I second keeping X button and battery gauges out of the rom, even though I will probably use them.

My one recommendation would be to get rid of the default Java midlet, and include an Esmertec Jbed (Cloudfsa's or something like that), the new roms default Java won't install or run Opera Mini.

I would also love the threaded sms installed to rom but understand the legality issue. Great work so far.

Dustin
I have no problem running Opera Mini both Low and High memory versions with the Sprint Default Java in ROM 2.16
Old 10-26-2007, 02:19 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
updated: java removed, added officemobile6.1
Old 10-26-2007, 09:06 AM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Hey no2chem,
First off, thanks for the rom. I also like the idea of leaving the battery guage out and the x-button (I use handyswitcher). I did experience problems with the lockups and with the dead d-pad using this rom (I'm sure it's related to the sprint new rom issue). Currently using dcd's base rom. Would love to try one from you.
Great work.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
This rom looks like the best so far. I don't like the garbage (no offense) that was put into the other roms. And no2chem, thumbs up to WKtask. It blows SPB Pocket +, Magic button, and HTC X button ou of the water.

Keep up the good work!
Old 10-26-2007, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
One request I have is to add the most common registry hacks... to me they're the biggest pains to add after a hard reset. Adding Applications to a rom is less rewarding because many programs get updated and then you are left with a rom with an old version of a program.

- Camera resolution upgrade
- Memory and Power management tweaks
- What else is there? ... I forget
Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

yangers is just getting started
Hi I'm currently using your custom ROM and I have to say is the best of all i tried before and believe me I had done more Flash ROM in my in the last 2 month than phone calls.....But like the guy over my say is a big missing the REGISTRY HACKS done in the ROM FLASH time and no manually at the end of the process.....thanks for your work and keep it up......
Old 10-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

new version, fixes many of the bugs from before

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan