PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mnksauce is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
yo no2chem.

i was on BT all night last night transferring files, connected through windows mobile center (vista, and mymobiler. i didn't drop connectino once. its good. it would be nice if some type of threaded sms was built into the rom tho. hint hint, cough cough. ahha. gj man.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Hey no2chem, i just flashed the alpha rom on sunday. So far its been running very smoothly with no issues. I'll be testing it with my bt gps receiver throughout the week.

so far i have installed s2u2, wktask, spb pocket plus 4, music id, threader, palringo, oxios hibernate\closeapps, and vcandela.

thanks for the very clean Rom!

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny
Any comments on 0.3? Any major problems people have noticed?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dasfast is a n00b
I am using 0.3 alpha. I am having a problem getting my ringer setting to stick. I can choose a different ringtone and it will stick, but if I choose vibrate and ring, whenever I soft reset it defaults back to ring(no vibrate). I noticed in 0.2 b2034 it did the same thing. It also will not stay at a higher speaker and phone volume when I soft reset. It always defaults to 60%.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasfast View Post
I am using 0.3 alpha. I am having a problem getting my ringer setting to stick. I can choose a different ringtone and it will stick, but if I choose vibrate and ring, whenever I soft reset it defaults back to ring(no vibrate). I noticed in 0.2 b2034 it did the same thing. It also will not stay at a higher speaker and phone volume when I soft reset. It always defaults to 60%.
I think that this may be due to issues from the 2.16 sprint rom, not sure.

I am going to be releasing a new version with a new bluetooth stack, camera and dialer soon, so i'll see if it fixed anything.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 AM
Lurker

dustobub is a n00b
Although I am not sure if any of these issues are related to my setup, or a program I have installed and then removed, here is my current setup/issues.

Rom - No2Chem Alpha
Radio - Sprint 1.47

Installed Programs:
HTC Home
HTC Home Customizer 1.0b5
Google Maps
TCPMP .71
Flash Video Plugin
Esmertec Java
Opera Mini Beta 3
Google Maps
Codyppc Threaded SMS
FTouchFlo v1.4.1
CooTek TouchPal

Installed->Removed:
X-Button 1.5
WKTask 1.0.3.1

Alpha Issues:
Wifi turns on randomly, even without touching the switch. I have to toggle the switch to actually turn it off. Happens like once a day.

Random Resume from suspend issues, similar to the Stock Sprint 2.16 Rom

Sometimes very slow to resume from suspend. When the display is off, I hit the on button, then it takes 3-5 seconds to turn on.

Also noticed slightly less ram than the previous custom roms after a hard reset.

Anyone else see similar things? Thanks.

Dustin
Old 11-01-2007, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustobub View Post
Although I am not sure if any of these issues are related to my setup, or a program I have installed and then removed, here is my current setup/issues.

Rom - No2Chem Alpha
Radio - Sprint 1.47

Installed Programs:
HTC Home
Google Maps
TCPMP .71
Flash Video Plugin
Esmertec Java
Opera Mini Beta 3
Google Maps
Codyppc Threaded SMS
FTouchFlo v1.4.1
CooTek TouchPal

Installed->Removed:
X-Button 1.5
WKTask 1.0.3.1

Alpha Issues:
Wifi turns on randomly, even without touching the switch. I have to toggle the switch to actually turn it off. Happens like once a day.

Sometimes very slow to resume from suspend. When the display is off, I hit the on button, then it takes 3-5 seconds to turn on.

Also noticed slightly less ram than the previous custom roms after a hard reset.

Dustin
I have been running this Rom since nochem put it up on the ftp, i have had no issues at all with it. I am actually liking this ROM more than others i have tried (which is almost all of the custom Roms released through this site )

I would suspect that you may have either:

1. could be the 1.47 radio which is known to be buggy and cause wierd things to happen.
2. a software conflict.
3. a bad mogul.

I'm still learning about the phone myself, so don't take this as gospel.

The first thing you may want to consider is using the 1.40 radio instead of the 1.47. Go here to get the 1.40 radio:

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....1.40_radio.exe

If you still have the issues, then I would try hard resetting and loading the apps that you use back on slowly (maybe a day or so between) so that you can try to figure out what the cause of the issue is.

If the issue happens with minimal apps installed, its probably a hardware issue.

Good luck

-s

Last edited by slypher; 11-01-2007 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

coolguy is a n00b
Not able to install this custom rom :(

How to install this ROM?

1) Download the RAR from 1st post
2) Download and run unlock utility from 'Titan ROM' sticky - 100% success
3) Download 'RUU.rar' from 'titan ROM' sticky - 100% success

4) Put the "RUU_signed.nbh" from #1 step in RUU folder

5) Run ROMUpdateUtility.exe - 100% installed

6) Once restarted itself, when it comes to "Installing Customizations in 3 secs" it throws this error:

" The File \Windows\RUN_SPRINT_TSK.lnk does not exist!"

What am I doing wrong here?

Update: NVM.. thought this rom has custom progs which would be installed from Extrom

Last edited by coolguy; 11-01-2007 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

wiinex is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by slypher View Post
I have been running this Rom since nochem put it up on the ftp, i have had no issues at all with it. I am actually liking this ROM more than others i have tried (which is almost all of the custom Roms released through this site )

I would suspect that you may have either:

1. could be the 1.47 radio which is known to be buggy and cause wierd things to happen.
2. a software conflict.
3. a bad mogul.

I'm still learning about the phone myself, so don't take this as gospel.

The first thing you may want to consider is using the 1.40 radio instead of the 1.47. Go here to get the 1.40 radio:

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....1.40_radio.exe

If you still have the issues, then I would try hard resetting and loading the apps that you use back on slowly (maybe a day or so between) so that you can try to figure out what the cause of the issue is.

If the issue happens with minimal apps installed, its probably a hardware issue.

Good luck

-s

SO you just run the radio 1.40 on your pc with the phone connected then it will downgrade the radio from 1.47?

Sprint - HTC Mugol -2006 / Present
Sprint - UTStarcom PPC6700 -2006 / 2006
T-mobile - Nokia 3220 -2004 / 2006
T-mobile - Sony Ericsson T300 -2003 / 2004
Cingular - Nokia 8270 -2002 / 2003
Cingular - Nokia 3360 -2000 / 2002
Old 11-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: sprint

diomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardiomark is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
I think the wifi turning on randomly is a radio 1.47 thing.. I noticed the same thing w/ the official sprint 216 upgrade.. VERY frustrating.
-mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustobub View Post

Rom - No2Chem Alpha
Radio - Sprint 1.47

Installed Programs:
HTC Home
Google Maps
TCPMP .71
Flash Video Plugin
Esmertec Java
Opera Mini Beta 3
Google Maps
Codyppc Threaded SMS
FTouchFlo v1.4.1
CooTek TouchPal

Installed->Removed:
X-Button 1.5
WKTask 1.0.3.1

Alpha Issues:

Dustin

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan