PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

braindoc is keeping up the good workbraindoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
to make things a bit easier heres a great tool to tweak the sh*t out of 2.5 its simple its easy and its all in one
May I politely ask exactly what tweaks are included in this before I decide to install it on my phone.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Huge thanks to everyone who contributes to releasing 2.5 to the Imagio crowd. I don't contribute because I don't know how but I appreciate those of you with the expertise! Keep up the brilliant work.

Okay, update on my Sense 2.5 experience. The instructions in the first post are excellent and I followed them to a T. I have the new ROM, did a hard reset and started from scratch. The installation went well and 2.5 loaded and ran pretty well. Boot time seems long and I find myself worried about messing with anything until it's fully loaded. The interface was pretty fast and smooth but I found all the same issues everyone else did. I could move stocks around and delete but they had to be updated every time I looked at the screen. The People page was slow.

I tried to send and SMS and it locked up the phone. Soft reset. I installed my Gmail and Hotmail accounts, and MyPhone. After synching with MyPhone I couldn't boot back into the interface. Every time it would start up into a black, unresponsive screen. I've since hard reset and restored my 2.0 setup.

I'd like to run 2.5 because it's SO SEXY but I can't stand the lock-ups total failure.

I also have to second someone's comment about there being little tweaks, links to cabs, suggestions and fixes scattered throughout this thread. I know the OP is tryin to update the first post with them but there are clearly some missing.

Has someone established a true, working fix to the SMS issue? If so, what is it? I'm willing to reload 2.5 again if I can be confident there are some things I haven't tried that might improve the stability.

Thanks again everyone. This is fun.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
May I politely ask exactly what tweaks are included in this before I decide to install it on my phone.
Installing this on your device does not change anything, it is just a program that allows the user to visually select or deselect changes to their phone. It is almost the same as advanced configuration 3.3, but with a couple more things to tweak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post

I also have to second someone's comment about there being little tweaks, links to cabs, suggestions and fixes scattered throughout this thread. I know the OP is tryin to update the first post with them but there are clearly some missing.

As far as updating the first post with tweaks, I will more than likely not do that. I am keeping that simple and clean with just the required cabs for the install of the Sense. I don't want to clutter it with the various changes that some users will use and some will not. In hindsight, I should have reserved the second and third post for these kinds of things.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab

Last edited by jmart518; 02-12-2010 at 12:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can read the thread or let google be your friend , it's all there. Al these guys wouldn't be using 2.5 if they couldn't use sms.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I've Thanked you all over the place jmart518. I appreciate all the work you've done. I wonder if we should put together another post (like after this one, for example) with the tweaks and stuff scattered throughout the thread then just link to it from the first page. That would solve the clutter issue.

Any definitive solution for the SMS issue? Anyone run into issues synching with MyPhone?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
You can read the thread or let google be your friend , it's all there. Al these guys wouldn't be using 2.5 if they couldn't use sms.
That was helpful, thanks. I did read the entire thread and there are a myriad of different suggestions with varied results. If you don't have something constructive to add maybe you should resist the urge to pad your post count. Just an idea.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:40 PM
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
I've Thanked you all over the place jmart518. I appreciate all the work you've done. I wonder if we should put together another post (like after this one, for example) with the tweaks and stuff scattered throughout the thread then just link to it from the first page. That would solve the clutter issue.

Any definitive solution for the SMS issue? Anyone run into issues synching with MyPhone?
I was thinking the same thing, I will see if I can whip up a post with all working cabs we have so far. Any performance tweaks will definitely make it to the first post though. With SMS, did you install the Step_15 cab (Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2)? Is it crashing through the HTC messaging, WM messaging or both? The only problem I currently have with messaging is through HTC message, it will not capitalize the first letter.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
I was thinking the same thing, I will see if I can whip up a post with all working cabs we have so far. Any performance tweaks will definitely make it to the first post though. With SMS, did you install the Step_15 cab (Zenyee Disable HTC Messaging 1.2)? Is it crashing through the HTC messaging, WM messaging or both? The only problem I currently have with messaging is through HTC message, it will not capitalize the first letter.
I installed everything in the first post perfectly. I get lock up using Sense. Requires soft reset but the message is sent. How do you bypass Sense SMS and just use WM?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:51 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
I installed everything in the first post perfectly. I get lock up using Sense. Requires soft reset but the message is sent. How do you bypass Sense SMS and just use WM?
I'm not sure why it's giving you problems, as I only install the cabs on the first post. A work around would be to; instead of clicking on the message to reply, click on the right soft key "menu" and select reply. This should take you back to the WM message service.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks. I'm curious about the MyPhone thing too as that's when I really ran into the lock up issues.

Anyone else boot up into a black, unresponsive screen? Any ideas what caused it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio