View Single Post
Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 PM
t0adman
Regular 'Geeker

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Huge thanks to everyone who contributes to releasing 2.5 to the Imagio crowd. I don't contribute because I don't know how but I appreciate those of you with the expertise! Keep up the brilliant work.

Okay, update on my Sense 2.5 experience. The instructions in the first post are excellent and I followed them to a T. I have the new ROM, did a hard reset and started from scratch. The installation went well and 2.5 loaded and ran pretty well. Boot time seems long and I find myself worried about messing with anything until it's fully loaded. The interface was pretty fast and smooth but I found all the same issues everyone else did. I could move stocks around and delete but they had to be updated every time I looked at the screen. The People page was slow.

I tried to send and SMS and it locked up the phone. Soft reset. I installed my Gmail and Hotmail accounts, and MyPhone. After synching with MyPhone I couldn't boot back into the interface. Every time it would start up into a black, unresponsive screen. I've since hard reset and restored my 2.0 setup.

I'd like to run 2.5 because it's SO SEXY but I can't stand the lock-ups total failure.

I also have to second someone's comment about there being little tweaks, links to cabs, suggestions and fixes scattered throughout this thread. I know the OP is tryin to update the first post with them but there are clearly some missing.

Has someone established a true, working fix to the SMS issue? If so, what is it? I'm willing to reload 2.5 again if I can be confident there are some things I haven't tried that might improve the stability.

Thanks again everyone. This is fun.