PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Everybody needs to make sure u disable old TouchFLO, do the steps as in 1st post. If you don't disable touchflo you are asking for trouble (bad installs...)
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
I installed everything in the first post perfectly. I get lock up using Sense. Requires soft reset but the message is sent. How do you bypass Sense SMS and just use WM?
step 15 cab should fix this, that's how everyone else is working
Old 02-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Thanks. I'm curious about the MyPhone thing too as that's when I really ran into the lock up issues.

Anyone else boot up into a black, unresponsive screen? Any ideas what caused it?
I won't be much help with MyPhone, because I have never used it. I use SPB backup and it works great, as does Sprite.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 02-12-2010, 01:57 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
That was helpful, thanks. I did read the entire thread and there are a myriad of different suggestions with varied results. If you don't have something constructive to add maybe you should resist the urge to pad your post count. Just an idea.
For SMS, what you need to install is the Disable HTC Messaging from the first post, then you need to install NoSentMessage (links to the cab are in various places in this thread and other forum postings) and then the MMS Fix (M2.1)

With those 3 installed, I can now use 2.5 for SMS and MMS with no issues
Old 02-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhrc4 View Post
For SMS, what you need to install is the Disable HTC Messaging from the first post, then you need to install NoSentMessage (links to the cab are in various places in this thread and other forum postings) and then the MMS Fix (M2.1)

With those 3 installed, I can now use 2.5 for SMS and MMS with no issues
MyPhone is nice b/c is backs up for you automatically and has a few other cool features. I also use SPB Backup (otherwise I wouldn't even mess with 2.5!)

Thanks for the names of the SMS fixes. I'm assuming the NoSentMsg one is the same one we use for 2.0, right? Do you know the exact name of the MMS Fix one?

This is why we need a single post of all these fixes linked from the first post.

Last edited by t0adman; 02-12-2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:34 PM
mhrc4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
to make things a bit easier heres a great tool to tweak the sh*t out of 2.5 its simple its easy and its all in one
heads up.. this thing BREAKS all of the cabs that you install in the first post. After installing and LOOKING at the options, my SMS is now completely hosed. Do yourself a favor and dont mess with this tool

can someone help me out and point me in the direction of all of the SMS "Sent Successfully" notification registry values? Apparently that HDTweak app f'd up something royally, now every sms i send, manila restarts... talk about frustrating

here is the answer to this. you DO NOT need to install the noSMSnotification cab, just change this registry value

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\SMSNoSentMs

This is the correct key, you need to change it to a '2' and not a '1' or '0' to get rid of the popup notification. After changing it, soft reset and it should go away. I've attached a cab that will make the change for you as well, you'll still need to soft reset to see the effects.

- found at http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=10

Last edited by mhrc4; 02-12-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
mhrc4

it literally is called MMS Fix (M2.1)
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Has anyone managed to dig around a little to find out which dependencies are broken that keep My Location weather/aGPS from working properly?
Old 02-12-2010, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

First thing I love Sense 2.5 and I would like to thank jmart518 for the incredible work but I have questions, is anyone other than me still running into complete lockup issue with Sense 2.5 installed? I hate to give up on it until the hspl arrives and this could be cooked into a rom but the lock ups are becoming a bit much for me.. I understand that this is still a project in work and I appreciate all the work but I was hoping that suitability would develop more.

Also out of curiosity have anyone looked into "Sector" Manila 2D V2.0 Geo Service fix over at Modaco to see if his approach to getting the geotagging issue with the weather can be used to get Sense 2.5 weather woking?
Old 02-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
First thing I love Sense 2.5 and I would like to thank jmart518 for the incredible work but I have questions, is anyone other than me still running into complete lockup issue with Sense 2.5 installed? I hate to give up on it until the hspl arrives and this could be cooked into a rom but the lock ups are becoming a bit much for me.. I understand that this is still a project in work and I appreciate all the work but I was hoping that suitability would develop more.

Also out of curiosity have anyone looked into "Sector" Manila 2D V2.0 Geo Service fix over at Modaco to see if his approach to getting the geotagging issue with the weather can be used to get Sense 2.5 weather woking?
I'm in the same boat. I did my first install last night and had it running for abouty 1 hr before it would boot into a black, unresponsive screen. I just finished my second install with some minor differences in install order and I think I'll skip MyPhone for now and do all my texting from WM instead of htc. If I have to reset constantly I'll either try 2.1 or head back to the new ROM 2.0 setup. I'm hoping this community continues to make progress on 2.5 because it's cool!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio