PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2010, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

I second fwaits. I've installed the new ROM and spent the last couple days getting all the cabs installed that I like. The phone is working great now but I'd like to try Sense 2.5 if it's stable and worth the headache of another hard reset. TIA fellas.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

jasonmac4490 is a n00b

I'll chime in about my experience with Sense 2.5. After doing everything on the first page in order and correctly then a soft reset everything seemed to work fine except one thing. The weather on the homepage that displays the weather for "My Location" it said "No weather data available". I don't know if that is a real issue or not but then the big problem started happening. After downloading Opera Beta 10 then opening it up, after a few seconds the phone froze. So I waited to see if it was just being super slow. After about a minute of nothing I did a battery pull and waited for it to boot back up then it wouldn't even show the HTC Sense anymore after about 30 seconds of booting up it would freeze up. After repeating that (about 10 times) and trying something different everytime, I finally got it to work by working quickly with my 30 seconds and quickly going into the start menu (the start menu worked, but there would be no sense homescreen) and settings and unchecking HTC Sense to appear on the homescreen, I got out quickly and did a soft reset of my own. After it booted up fine I went back into the setting and checked HTC Sense to appear on the homescreen and everything (except that weather issue I talked about earlier) seemed to be working fine. Can someone possibly tell me what was going on? Because I don't want to go back through that process everytime I need to soft reset.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

willywonkaisrsh is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
Besides all the little tweaks and bug fixes in a new version, 2.5 adds animated weather home screen, Shortcuts on the home screen, a twitter tab, more settings skinning like the New Appointment screen and a few others. Someone else can chime in if I'm forgetting any big changes.
I thought 2.1 also had the animated weather background? Also, does the weather properly update with the 2.1 install on the Imagio?
Old 02-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X

rolandroland is keeping up the good workrolandroland is keeping up the good work

I just got 2.5 installed on top of the new shipped rom Con has in his thread under upgrading that I flashed yesterday. I had installed a few apps and themes yesterday but that doesn't seem to be a big deal. My weird problem is when I try and add some contacts to favs it crashes Sense and it restarts. I can't even open them w/o it crashing. Seems to be mostly FB linked contacts...
The aGPS hasn't been an issue as it detected my local city before I upgraded and it updating the weather to that city so even if it is stuck there it doesn't bother me for time time being until a fix is out.
I love having comm manager on the home screen for turning BT on/off, makes the upgrade worth it unto itself.
Thank you!!!!

Update:
All contacts I linked to FB in 2.0 before loading 2.5 seem to be screwed up. Maybe I'll have to hard reset and do it all over again as I can't seem to re-register FB.

Last edited by rolandroland; 02-10-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, Incredible
Carrier: VZW

TonyK is keeping up the good workTonyK is keeping up the good work

Just installed 2.5 it sees to run great, first load i was having trouble with weather location ended up hard rest. what i did to fix was before i loaded 2.5 i loaded my location first, then loaded 2.5, when booted weather came right up. anyone know if the program tabs can be resized to smaller and if there is a way to get more of them

If I Have Helped You, PLEASE HIT [THANKS],, THANKS

Old 02-11-2010, 08:06 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
So I've read a bunch of this thread, but perhaps someone who's using this already a lot can give me a current status update on what's still not quite working on this? Seems most stuff has been fixed, but I just want to see if any items that I really care about are not working 100% or not. Thanks.
Got 2.5 running for about a week now im running a couple of mods
everything seems to be working fine web , twitter, sms ,mms, email both wm and Htc
Htc messaging is a bit slow
For me IE seems to be the fastest i use it for work all day and seems to load the quickest
My location doesnt work but im using conflippers weather fix to get local listing
Stock Ticker works but wont let you add nor delete symbols
not using opera10 so cant tell you about that (find it to long to load)
It does run really smooth but every now and then you will get the normal freeze here and there but i had that problem with 2.0
I used microsoft my phone for contacts and didnt have any issue at all
One Thing is if you want backround for all tabs you will need to install one of the mods that have it as for HDwalls wont do it

Hope This Helps

Last edited by maxtcee; 02-11-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio

Tyrich30 is a n00b

So, is your weather working on the Home screen and MY Location with that process? I really miss the weather on the Home Screen with 2.5. Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM
Lurker

Tyrich30 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyK View Post
Just installed 2.5 it sees to run great, first load i was having trouble with weather location ended up hard rest. what i did to fix was before i loaded 2.5 i loaded my location first, then loaded 2.5, when booted weather came right up. anyone know if the program tabs can be resized to smaller and if there is a way to get more of them
So, is your weather working on the Home screen and MY Location with that process? I really miss the weather on the Home Screen with 2.5. Thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

weather works only with your home weather my location does not work
however you can install conflippers weather fix and get your local weather then click the clock and set that to your home page and youll have weather on your home tab

Last edited by maxtcee; 02-11-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:03 AM
Lurker

Tyrich30 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
weather works only with your home weather my location does not work
however you can install conflippers weather fix and get your local weather then click the clock and set that to your home page and youll have weather on your home tab

How do you do that? Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio