PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sense 2.1/2.5 [Updated 24-Nov-10]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabson View Post
Jmart, thank you so very much for this! The wife and daughter went to bingo with mother in law, left me and the boy home alone, so figure now is as good a time to install as any!

Did the hard reset, installed 3.5 and sdkcerts, set the power settings and turned off 2.1, soft reset and installed 2.5. Was a little worried during installation, as it took practically a whole hockey period to do so. But it did it!

And its running smooth, only at 58% for starters, a little higher than titanium! finishing reinstalling calendar and contact information, got over 100 ram left for playing. Looking forward to installing CHT2.0!

this is really great, was worried about how a cab would run instead of a ROM, but am really ecstatic on how well this sucker is running. I will put it through its paces and let you know how it goes.

Again, just wanted to say thanks for putting out a great product! You rock man!
You're very welcome and I am glad that everything is working for you!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Sense 2.5.1920

djnikkofb is a n00b

On the Text message tab... The maximum number is 25? the message counter stops at 25, does it go any higher?

1/25 (Max number it shows)
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

jmart, so ran it through its paces, did some work on it, and didnt really have any pressing issues. I did notice that after making some changes using CHTE2.0, it dumped me out, and gave me an error with manila that shut it down. But then it came back after I told the error to not send a notice to Microsoft. So not sure what that was about.

I maxed it out in processes yesterday, and it was running relatively stable around 80% (see below) after alot of RSS, emails, texts, and S2P running back and forth. wish it was lower, but not too bad, system wasn't as fast as I was hoping, but still within my acceptable range.

On my typical day, it runs around 73 to 75%, with battery being the only unknown at this time. The day I installed it, it held pretty good, but Sunday it went from 100% to around 12% before the end of the day. I did play some music for around 4 1/2 hours through headphones putting up Christmas lights, but usually I only loose 25 to 30% battery over that.

And then Monday, it seemed to hold the battery just fine, and I played with it alot. So not sure about battery life yet, will run it through a normal workday for me, and see what happens.

Now here is the part that scared me for a moment. A While back, after I installed a custom ROM using 2.5, and installed CHTE, my phone had to be replaced because my screen became unresponsive. It took some time before I had to replace it, and I am sure it is really unrelated, but my screen started to recognize my swipes, but it would bounce back to the position before I swiped, so I could never look at stuff below the screen. It got worse and worse over time, and eventually my touches didn't register at all.

Yesterday, I am adding some links, and I get the same thing, where my screen would register swipes, but bounce back to the starting position. So I freaked thinking there is something wrong with 2.5 and my phone's compatibility, and fearing my wife was right! But then it went away, and it seems to have been an isolated incident. I am chalking it up to the running 80%.

Again, its really stable, and runs great. I did turn off weather and changed animations to simple, and that is helping it with speed.

I am just glad to be able to put all I need information wise right there on one screen. now looking forward to searching for some great themes and whatnot!

Thanks again!
Old 12-07-2010, 09:22 PM
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
jmart, so ran it through its paces, did some work on it, and didnt really have any pressing issues. I did notice that after making some changes using CHTE2.0, it dumped me out, and gave me an error with manila that shut it down. But then it came back after I told the error to not send a notice to Microsoft. So not sure what that was about.

I maxed it out in processes yesterday, and it was running relatively stable around 80% (see below) after alot of RSS, emails, texts, and S2P running back and forth. wish it was lower, but not too bad, system wasn't as fast as I was hoping, but still within my acceptable range.

On my typical day, it runs around 73 to 75%, with battery being the only unknown at this time. The day I installed it, it held pretty good, but Sunday it went from 100% to around 12% before the end of the day. I did play some music for around 4 1/2 hours through headphones putting up Christmas lights, but usually I only loose 25 to 30% battery over that.

And then Monday, it seemed to hold the battery just fine, and I played with it alot. So not sure about battery life yet, will run it through a normal workday for me, and see what happens.

Now here is the part that scared me for a moment. A While back, after I installed a custom ROM using 2.5, and installed CHTE, my phone had to be replaced because my screen became unresponsive. It took some time before I had to replace it, and I am sure it is really unrelated, but my screen started to recognize my swipes, but it would bounce back to the position before I swiped, so I could never look at stuff below the screen. It got worse and worse over time, and eventually my touches didn't register at all.

Yesterday, I am adding some links, and I get the same thing, where my screen would register swipes, but bounce back to the starting position. So I freaked thinking there is something wrong with 2.5 and my phone's compatibility, and fearing my wife was right! But then it went away, and it seems to have been an isolated incident. I am chalking it up to the running 80%.

Again, its really stable, and runs great. I did turn off weather and changed animations to simple, and that is helping it with speed.

I am just glad to be able to put all I need information wise right there on one screen. now looking forward to searching for some great themes and whatnot!

Thanks again!
I am glad you got it working! As far as the screen not swiping all the way, this happens with CHT from time to time. The battery will definitely be worse with Sense 2.5, because it uses so many more resources.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Thanks for the info. I am now off to find how to customize the icons and sliders and so on!
Old 12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I am now off to find how to customize the icons and sliders and so on!
No prob bro!

Word of caution and I can't stress it enough. Since this is only a cab and the files aren't cooked into a ROM, everything you install will overwrite another file. What this means is when you uninstall a custom icon (or anything else that changes the appearance of Sense), you will need to replace it with another custom icon.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
No prob bro!

Word of caution and I can't stress it enough. Since this is only a cab and the files aren't cooked into a ROM, everything you install will overwrite another file. What this means is when you uninstall a custom icon (or anything else that changes the appearance of Sense), you will need to replace it with another custom icon.
Understand fully!
Old 12-08-2010, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Crap!

jmart, had some issues, hard reset. Check out xda, I posted the problem there. Again, screen became unresponsive.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: gw820
Carrier: Telus

thendless is a n00b

Been using this the last few weeks on my LG GW820 and I must say it works GREAT. I haven't had any major problems and it runs smooth as butter.

Thanks for your hard work!
Old 12-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
jmart, had some issues, hard reset. Check out xda, I posted the problem there. Again, screen became unresponsive.
Oh no! I wonder what could be causing that to happen. Does it resolve after a soft reset? Hard reset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thendless View Post
Been using this the last few weeks on my LG GW820 and I must say it works GREAT. I haven't had any major problems and it runs smooth as butter.

Thanks for your hard work!
Awesome, I am glad it is working well for you!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio