View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
jabson
PPCGeeks Regular

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sense 2.1/2.5 [Updated 24-Nov-10]

jmart, so ran it through its paces, did some work on it, and didnt really have any pressing issues. I did notice that after making some changes using CHTE2.0, it dumped me out, and gave me an error with manila that shut it down. But then it came back after I told the error to not send a notice to Microsoft. So not sure what that was about.

I maxed it out in processes yesterday, and it was running relatively stable around 80% (see below) after alot of RSS, emails, texts, and S2P running back and forth. wish it was lower, but not too bad, system wasn't as fast as I was hoping, but still within my acceptable range.

On my typical day, it runs around 73 to 75%, with battery being the only unknown at this time. The day I installed it, it held pretty good, but Sunday it went from 100% to around 12% before the end of the day. I did play some music for around 4 1/2 hours through headphones putting up Christmas lights, but usually I only loose 25 to 30% battery over that.

And then Monday, it seemed to hold the battery just fine, and I played with it alot. So not sure about battery life yet, will run it through a normal workday for me, and see what happens.

Now here is the part that scared me for a moment. A While back, after I installed a custom ROM using 2.5, and installed CHTE, my phone had to be replaced because my screen became unresponsive. It took some time before I had to replace it, and I am sure it is really unrelated, but my screen started to recognize my swipes, but it would bounce back to the position before I swiped, so I could never look at stuff below the screen. It got worse and worse over time, and eventually my touches didn't register at all.

Yesterday, I am adding some links, and I get the same thing, where my screen would register swipes, but bounce back to the starting position. So I freaked thinking there is something wrong with 2.5 and my phone's compatibility, and fearing my wife was right! But then it went away, and it seems to have been an isolated incident. I am chalking it up to the running 80%.

Again, its really stable, and runs great. I did turn off weather and changed animations to simple, and that is helping it with speed.

I am just glad to be able to put all I need information wise right there on one screen. now looking forward to searching for some great themes and whatnot!

Thanks again!