PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Coming to the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
Yeah, I'm currently sittin' pretty outside of my Sprint contract so wherever the HD2 goes so will I!
indubitably
Old 12-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
indubitably
i honestly believe if anybody will get it, sprint will. The only reason i say that is because they have no touch screen device without keyboard except the old skool diamond. Sprint is holding out till next year to blow them away.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-17-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
i honestly believe if anybody will get it, sprint will. The only reason i say that is because they have no touch screen device without keyboard except the old skool diamond. Sprint is holding out till next year to blow them away.
I sure as Hell hope so. I'm very tired of waiting for this.
I'm not sure what fustraits me more the lack of info on what Sprint is coming out with or the always present time difference between when these devices are released and when they actually get to the U.S....

It's WMPhoto for short...
For long it's www.waltmiddletonphoto.com
take a look and enjoy...
Walt
Old 12-17-2009, 11:07 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
I sure as Hell hope so. I'm very tired of waiting for this.
I'm not sure what fustraits me more the lack of info on what Sprint is coming out with or the always present time difference between when these devices are released and when they actually get to the U.S....
both are pretty frustrating, but the former has to be more so because at least we can plan ahead when we know what phones are coming where. I figure as soon as I leave sprint they will get an HD2...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:38 AM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

hopfully they play up to like the tp2 and all will have it
Old 12-17-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
hopfully they play up to like the tp2 and all will have it
I don't see verizon or att getting it because it would basically make them releasing the diamond2 (imagio, pure) completely pointless and a wasted investment because anyone who knows enough to buy a windows phone will go for the 4.3" capacitive snapdragon over the d2
Old 12-17-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO F&F 500

kidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good workkidFromBigD is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I don't see verizon or att getting it because it would basically make them releasing the diamond2 (imagio, pure) completely pointless and a wasted investment because anyone who knows enough to buy a windows phone will go for the 4.3" capacitive snapdragon over the d2
@orangekid - Congrats on VIP status!

I tend to agree with your above thinking. And for those of us on Sprint waiting for the Leo, I think we will be rewarded. Note that I have NO insider information on this, but Sprint's current WinMo lineup is ready for a refresh pretty soon. But ...

Do you think Sprint launches with Android on this beast?

My thinking: Everybody knows how delayed WinMo-7 is, and that MS is losing market share while Apple is grabbing share, and iPhone exclusivity ending mid-2010 with AT&T(Verizon iPhone anyone??), Sprint is likely feeling pressure to introduce a winner. We all know the hardware is superior, so the question becomes which OS to package with it?

And, will Sprint delay until Verzon's iPhone launches? Sprint is losing customers and they need an answer. They need something.

Thoughts?
Old 12-17-2009, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidFromBigD View Post
@orangekid - Congrats on VIP status!

I tend to agree with your above thinking. And for those of us on Sprint waiting for the Leo, I think we will be rewarded. Note that I have NO insider information on this, but Sprint's current WinMo lineup is ready for a refresh pretty soon. But ...

Do you think Sprint launches with Android on this beast?

My thinking: Everybody knows how delayed WinMo-7 is, and that MS is losing market share while Apple is grabbing share, and iPhone exclusivity ending mid-2010 with AT&T(Verizon iPhone anyone??), Sprint is likely feeling pressure to introduce a winner. We all know the hardware is superior, so the question becomes which OS to package with it?

And, will Sprint delay until Verzon's iPhone launches? Sprint is losing customers and they need an answer. They need something.

Thoughts?
thanks

If sprint plays it smart they will release the HD2 and the Dragon and then flood the media with how their snapdragon phones outperform all competition, people really eat that stuff up and it will look like Sprint is keeping up with the joneses.

think about, when's the last time you saw a commercial for a sprint phone? the Pre? The HTC commercials don't even say anything about Sprint, HTC is pimping their own phones and Sprint doesn't advertise worth a crud on anything other than mobile to mobile. As a consumer I don't give a damn about something every other phone company is integrating anyways, I want to see why you're better than the rest, and when the last non-keyboard winmo phone you released was 2 years ago you best come out with something good.
Old 12-17-2009, 05:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Urufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good workUrufu_Shinjiro is keeping up the good work

Yeah, if they market it right the HD2 can be a real killer device, all they have to do is play up the 1ghz Snapdragon. If you let everyone know that this phone has more horsepower than ANY other phone on the market it WILL sell, speed always sells.

As for an Android HD2, I think the google phone, while not quite an HD2, will capture the Snapdragon droid arena.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:34 PM
b00nsquad
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

boggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIPboggsie is a VIP

drool

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
america, hd2, htc, united states