PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Coming to the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuteboomt View Post
So who here is going to drop Sprint and move to T-mobile for the HD2?

http://www.engadget.com/2009/12/18/t...iles-point-to/
doesn't say anything about sprint not getting the phone ... this isn't new news at all.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

neuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneuteboomt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
doesn't say anything about sprint not getting the phone ... this isn't new news at all.
With T-Mobile looking to be the first to sale the HD2 I was just curious who was considering dropping Sprint so they could be one of the first to get the HD2 in the US. You are right it does not state Sprint is not receiving the phone. But at this point no one has heard anything about them even testing a rom for the HD2.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
With T-Mobile looking to be the first to sale the HD2 I was just curious who was considering dropping Sprint so they could be one of the first to get the HD2 in the US. You are right it does not state Sprint is not receiving the phone. But at this point no one has heard anything about them even testing a rom for the HD2.
i would no drop sprint if tmobile picked it up. by the time tmobile is actually going to get the phone, we will have some light if its coming to cdma or not. going to tmobile to get this phone doesn't make any sense because they will not have a network to fully support the capabilities of the phone. in most areas tmobile is just beginning to roll out 3g when sprint as already rolled out 4g. I like winmo but i also like browsing the web as 2mbps/down everywhere i go. Just to get a bigger screen with no keyboard i could not go to tmobile.
Google is the next skynet
Old 12-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:

I see. it just seems like a rash decision to say "im going to drop a network that may or may not get this phone based on some reports that tmobil will get it in 4 months" when sprint has much better coverage and faster data. IF sprint does not get this phone at all or one just as good then I will move to tmobile for sure.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Does the hd2 supposedly have the capabilities to upgrade to winmo 7 win that is released?
Old 12-24-2009, 02:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Does the hd2 supposedly have the capabilities to upgrade to winmo 7 win that is released?
HTC HD2 Windows Mobile 7 Upgrade Pending?
According to as yet unconfirmed rumours the owners of the HTC HD2 can look forward to a free upgrade
to the Windows Mobile 7 OS, becomes available next year.

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2009/11/23/...irmed-rumours/
http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-...le-a_7987.html

(THAT'S JUST A RUMOUR, THIS IS WHAT WE KNOW FOR SURE)

The Leo will support Windows Mobile 7 (or more specifically as stated in the Spec sheet: support Multi-Touch capability for WM7 Chassis)...this doesn't necessarily mean that an upgrade will be issued by HTC, but that it meets the requirements needed to run the operating system

http://pocketnow.com/rumor/htc-leo-hot-new-information
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: SERO Premium

chong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good workchong67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I saw the HD2!

I could not find a real display phone(can order) in Singapore or Kuching, but I know I can find it in Kuala Lumpur.

I went to Low Yat, a shopper center in KL and there is a HTC store on the ground floor. It cost RM2800 and the Touch Pro 2 is RM2700.

This HD2 is a beast! The screen is so hugh! I thought the screen cannot go any bigger. It weight as much as the Touch Pro 2.

The screen is very responsive. If you scroll with finger nail, it doesnt work.

The screen is big but the resolution stay the same as the TP2. Why?

I took pictures of it side by side with my Sprint TP2.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:08 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

so the T-Mo is getting hd2 in march? good for them, only means my sprint hd2 will be 3 month old then

When you can tether for free?: D
Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia 910
Carrier: verizon

bigdad63 is a n00b

One of the more tech-savvy and reliable Verizon workers that I know said they were getting it. On a slightly random note, what makes it so difficult/expensive to switch out the 'guts' on a phone to get it to a provider on a different system?
Old 12-24-2009, 08:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

JimP is just getting started
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
I saw the HD2!

I took pictures of it side by side with my Sprint TP2.
Can we see the photos or if already posted, a link?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
america, hd2, htc, united states