PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2011, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint wants me to file with TEP rather then fix my phone (pink camera issue)

I walk into the Sprint store and show them my Evo's pink camera tint, then tap on the lens and *poof* it's gone (thanks to users on this site). The guy takes it in the back, comes to me after 20 minutes and says "You need to go thru your insurance for a replacement."

Me: It's like $75 or a hundred bucks and this should be covered under my warranty.
Sprint Tech: You still need to go thru the insurance.
Me: No, I have a warranty on the phone. The lens is loose. No damage to the phone. No water. No cracks. No scratches. No nothing. New, sexy phone, not a scratch (thanks to Zagg and Seidio).
Sprint Tech: I respect that, but you STILL need to go to TEP.
Me: Can I speak to your manager?

Same exact conversation with the manager, only she was very rude. "How much would you like to bet that tomorrow you'll take my phone and exchange it?" She laughed at me and said to call the insurance company.

One 15 minute phone call to Sprint Customer Service and I had a supervisor call me back who told me he can mail me out a replacement and blah blah blah. "Can you put a note into my account so I can go back to the store and swap it out?" He then called to check to see if they had one and held it for me.

I went in today to do the swap. That same manager wasn't in, but the one working now was nice as could be and didn't even open up the notes and said he would exchange it saying "It's under warranty, shouldn't be a problem." When I explained what happened with the other manager, he said he was sorry.

She'll be in tomorrow. I walked out with my broken Evo just to prove a point to her.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Sprint wants me to file with TEP rather then fix my phone (pink camera issue)

Awesome...wonder what their agenda was

Old 03-07-2011, 04:04 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: Sprint wants me to file with TEP rather then fix my phone (pink camera issue)

lol, can't wait for the rest of the story
Old 03-07-2011, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Sunsparc is becoming a great contributor

Yeah pink camera issue is a software issue, which has nothing to do with filing an insurance claim. Insurance is only used for physical damage, liquid damage, and lost/stolen.

It's sad to say that reps at some stores just don't get it. If you had come into my store with the pink camera issue, I would have fixed it no questions asked.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO3D;EVO4G;TP2;Treo Pro;TP;Mogul

u8myfoood is keeping up the good worku8myfoood is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to u8myfoood

Wow, they're that lazy now?
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Socrates Philosophy
Pocket PC: Evo3D

GhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuffGhettoBSD knows their stuff

They act like they're losing money from their own freakin pocket! lol seriously, what's wrong with these people?

Make sure you donate to those who spend countless hours improving your PPC/android experience!
Old 03-07-2011, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 - RHOD400
Carrier: Sprint - SERO500

Counterfeit is keeping up the good workCounterfeit is keeping up the good work
Wow. Funny..but sad..I'm ready for her response.

Sent from my MSM using Tapatalk

+

= <3
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

man cant wait to see what she says what an idiot..i gotta do the same next with my phone its broken but the store i went to just stopped being a repaired center so i gotta find other one :/
Old 03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Threadstarter

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I did explain in detail that the insurance is for lost, stolen, damaged, dog ate it, kid flushed it which is why they charge a deductible. Why should something that is not my fault cost me money? It's HTC & Sprint's problem.

The way she was acting it was like she had to buy me a new phone out of her pocket or like she'd get points taken away from her for making the swap.

I can't wait until tomorrow! I am going to call to make sure she is in and take a video. Um, it'll be crappy quality because it'll be from my Blackburry (that's hot they say it in Houston, BlackBURRY). Audio will be hilarious because I will remind her of Friday's conversation.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
I did explain in detail that the insurance is for lost, stolen, damaged, dog ate it, kid flushed it which is why they charge a deductible. Why should something that is not my fault cost me money? It's HTC & Sprint's problem.

The way she was acting it was like she had to buy me a new phone out of her pocket or like she'd get points taken away from her for making the swap.

I can't wait until tomorrow! I am going to call to make sure she is in and take a video. Um, it'll be crappy quality because it'll be from my Blackburry (that's hot they say it in Houston, BlackBURRY). Audio will be hilarious because I will remind her of Friday's conversation.
i wouldn't doubt if swaps or warranty work didnt take from their profit margin

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G