PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Lol thanks.how you liking the transition other than battery life? Give it a little time im sure your battery will adjust.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk.
I'm absolutely LOVING it. I love everything about this phone, except the battery life. I can say that my iPhone 3G's battery life was a ton better, but I guess you're right, since it's removable it could take some time for it to settle in. http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-acce...-review-9.html People from the android forums are getting AWESOME results from 3000 mAh chinese batters that cost around 10-12 dollars. Do you recommend purchasing one? I'm definitely considering it! Also, do you think after a week of full recharging cycles, I'll be getting much better results?

@aman1127 - That's great man! I'm on 2.2, and don't plan on rooting it for personal reasons. I'd be happy to get 9-10 hours with mod-heavy use.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint EVRP

kevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuffkevmo1965 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kevmo1965
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Check your settings for Qik. My wifes phone was set to synchronize every minute. After changing that and scanning the SD card on my laptop for errors her battery life jumped dramaticly.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 01:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I wouldn't recommend it like I wouldn't recommend buying a brand new evo online for 25 bucks.i try to stay away from "too good to be true products."the htc incredible has an extended battery which will fit the evo I believe its 2150mah not sure about pricing but its oem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
I'm absolutely LOVING it. I love everything about this phone, except the battery life. I can say that my iPhone 3G's battery life was a ton better, but I guess you're right, since it's removable it could take some time for it to settle in. http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-acce...-review-9.html People from the android forums are getting AWESOME results from 3000 mAh chinese batters that cost around 10-12 dollars. Do you recommend purchasing one? I'm definitely considering it! Also, do you think after a week of full recharging cycles, I'll be getting much better results?

@aman1127 - That's great man! I'm on 2.2, and don't plan on rooting it for personal reasons. I'd be happy to get 9-10 hours with mod-heavy use.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Haha, thanks, yeah I was a bit sketchy about that. And thanks kevmo1965, nice tip! Holy crap, just charged the phone while it was on, and I'm getting much better results.. its actually draining very slowly at the moment!
Old 08-29-2010, 02:06 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

these are good

http://cgi.ebay.com/250661798221
Old 08-29-2010, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
Thanks for that, but I was looking for like a 3000 mAh one.. mainly to avoid switching batteries, and to protect the camera lens when I set it down. How is it though? Any better than the stock one?

EDIT: What's a nice battery percentage app?

Last edited by Extranormal; 08-29-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 02:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Seidio has a 3000mah makes phone like a brick.its around $50 I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranormal View Post
Thanks for that, but I was looking for like a 3000 mAh one.. mainly to avoid switching batteries, and to protect the camera lens when I set it down. How is it though? Any better than the stock one?

EDIT: What's a nice battery percentage app?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaine02 View Post
Seidio has a 3000mah makes phone like a brick.its around $50 I think.

Yeah, but I heard the battery isn't nearly as good as the chinese ones. Weird though. With the 3000 mAh chinese ones, people are getting CRAZY battery life. I'm seriously thinking about it; it's only 10$
Old 08-29-2010, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use a seido inno case as it is 2 pieces and then you pop the backing off and swap a battery takes less than 1 minute to swap.

and for the cost you can get 14 batteries for the price of 1

i usually dont have to swap the battery until I get home or the next day
Old 08-29-2010, 02:48 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Extranormal is a n00b

Oh, I see. Yeah, I'm still very dissapointed. While I wait it out, I'll order the 3000 mAh chinese battery.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G