PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Extranormal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Evo 4G - TERRIBLE BATTERY LIFE! HELP PLEASE!

Hey, guys. I'm new to the forum here. I finally got my hands on a new HTC EVO, which I purchased yesterday. I let it die completely, and re-charged it twice, in other words, two cycles. I downloaded Spare Parts, Advanced Task Killer, etc. At best, I got 3 hours and 30 minutes! It's RIDICULOUS! Everything in my accounts+Sync is disabled, gps, bluetooth, and 4G are all disabled. Animations are off, I manually run ATK every 15 minutes. Screen brightness is at 50% - MAXIMUM. I was able to get 3 hours and 30 minutes, only because I turned off MOBILE INTERNET, and was only texting.. I used it for about 10 minutes on 3G to surf the web/check facebook notifications, which made it fall to 95%. Then, I ran ATK, and killed everything in the background except for text plus, and lowered screen brightness to 35%. I then locked the phone, and went to got take a 15 minute shower. When I came back, it was down to 85% - it was almost completely idle, and the only thing turned on was 3G. It's extremely disappointing. I'd be very happy to get 8-10 hours on this, and letting 3G run in the background. I used a dark wallpaper (non-live.) Basically, android system was 45%, the total idle thing was around 35%, and textplus, ebuddy, and some other little apps filled in the small 20%. The battery app said I had 16 hours remaining, and kept decreasing rapidly.. PLEASE HELP ME! Do I have a defect evo, or is the battery really that bad?! It's the same thing with my other evo that my brother has!

Thanks!
-Extranormal

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G