PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

thecalip is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Average Battery Time

If you are in a good reception area and have phone about 30 to 50% brightness, then you will have long battery. I know for my phone, if I am in a grey area, consistent switch between Sprint and Roaming, my battery can be down 30% in 30 minutes.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

1d 20m off the charger still have 61% battery life. Stock unrooted, no cpu underclocking tricks since the System Panel app you can download shows that the cpu dynamically clocks itself anyway. During that time my phone wasn't asleep for 2 hours and 41 minutes. Screen was on 1 hour 6 of those minutes. Yesterday and today were one of my lighter use days but I still used the phone.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

with very light use i've had the phone go 3 days on one charge (wifi off, gps off, data always on, bt off, 50% screen brightness). i average 30 hours now with regular use, but i don't use voice much (calls last 1-2 mins usually). I mainly use my phone for texts, twitter, and browsing the net. Anyway, i think all the professional reviews out there should be redone to reflect the great battery improvements from the recent OTA update... It's definitely fixed something that caused serious battery drain while the phone was in standby.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started

Two days in a row I got 17 hours. Today GPS was on for about 30minutes, bluetooth was probably on about 8 hours, 4g was on about 2 hours and wifi was on just for speedtests. I sync everything like facebook and weather every 4-8 hours and I get about 40 Activesync emails and 40 gmail emails. I also cleared my calendar data 5 times and re-synced it. And about 1hour of phone calls and some websurfing and app downloading. The 1st few days with the phone my battery life was horrible but I was messing with it non stop syncing, downloading and playing with apps.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

m3xicanprid3 is just getting started

rite here with moderate use since the ota update i been gettng good life battery. 14 to 16 hours, i cant tell if last mmore thn that cuz i go to sleep n put my ohone to charge so yea that my battery life... since the ota update... i got task manager is the same as atk but is calld task manager
Old 07-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Ya, it would definitely affect apps like twitter,facebook,etc. and my battery life is pretty much on par if not identical to yours :-p I think we actually USE our phones.
12 hours isn't too bad, I have had days like that when I spend a larger than normal amount of time playing games or surfing the net. However, I work full time and stay pretty busy day to day so I don't spend a ton of time on my phone. I use it for browsing, gaming, music, and email/tasks/calendar/organizer, facebook, maps, etc and consistently get upwards of 15 hours. I don't watch a lot of streaming video which I am sure saves a lot of battery. Today was a light day for me and I am currently sitting at 48% after being off the charger for 15 hours and 22 minutes.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

stparker38 is a n00b

I have been avoiding charging the phone during the day to let it run all the way down. I use bee widgets for their battery widget and it will tell how long since unplugged so I can monitor the use. Yesterday I got 15 hours before it went to 15%. I texted all day. Made a few calls. Checked facebook often. Used the internet and played a game or two. I have automatic task killer and check android mate periodically to ensure things are actually killed. I am rooted and have OMJ's most current rom. I am not savvy enough to make all the fancy setting changes myself, so I must say that this rom must have excellent settings for maximum battery life. Either that or I have a good phone...no leaks, cracks, or any other issues some are reporting. I will say that I was running another rom prior to this and my battery would get really hot often and the battery would zap after 4hrs... now, with regular use I get around 9-12 hrs. At this time my phone been in 4g mode for three hrs and I have only gone from 100-82% (I am in a 4g area). I love this phone...I just wish it wasn't so big!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO!!!

Drac is becoming a great contributor

ran a test the other day to see what I was getting. 30 1/2 hours with 4 1/2 hours up time which got me down to 10%. totally unrooted, stock, no atk.
data always on, auto sync, gps on, screen brightness on auto, all unused apps force closed.
hotspot tethered with 4g for a couple of hours streaming pandora the entire time, surfed web a bit, watched a few videos while still tethered. read an ebook for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours, probably less than 50 texts, less than an hour talking, re force closing a couple of apps that keep restarting, bunch of speed tests on 3 and 4g, watched a 10 minute video I have dl'ed on the phone (batman: dead end) a music video I have dl'ed onto phone (skinny puppy - pro-test). think that's all there was. mighta been more texting. figure not too bad.
today started another test. full charge, turned off, turned back on and just gonna let it run without closing any apps that start up when I turn me phone on. so far up time of 7:14, awake time of 46 minutes (mostly me reading another e-book) and battery's down to 80% already.

UPDATE: made it about 12 hours with about 2 hours of use before it got down to under 20% and telling me to plug the phone in. 4g on for about 1 1/2 hours and going in and out of 4g coverage while driving and streaming pandora. sprint nav being used for about 30-45 minutes, 2 short phone calls, screen on most of the 2 hours.

so we, or at least I, learned that when restarting the phone force stop every app that you aren't using and don't need running so you'll get much better battery life.

Last edited by Drac; 07-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:28 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

My battery seems to have turned to garbage since I flashed the new OTA update yesterday. I've been off the charger roughly 5.5 hours and im down to 50%...
Old 07-07-2010, 02:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

chowder25 is becoming a great contributor

I gotta go! My battery is running low at 11:48am pst. I unplugged this morning at 6:30am and I have 50% left with moderate use and most settings turned off. I can go through a 12 hour day off a full charge on light use. I would have a problem if the battery died just by sitting on standby. Hard for me to believe 12+ hours on heavy usage because I haven't seen it first hand.
Car charger is a must for me!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G