View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 12:15 PM
Drac
PPCGeeks Regular

Drac is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Average Battery Time

ran a test the other day to see what I was getting. 30 1/2 hours with 4 1/2 hours up time which got me down to 10%. totally unrooted, stock, no atk.
data always on, auto sync, gps on, screen brightness on auto, all unused apps force closed.
hotspot tethered with 4g for a couple of hours streaming pandora the entire time, surfed web a bit, watched a few videos while still tethered. read an ebook for about 1 - 1 1/2 hours, probably less than 50 texts, less than an hour talking, re force closing a couple of apps that keep restarting, bunch of speed tests on 3 and 4g, watched a 10 minute video I have dl'ed on the phone (batman: dead end) a music video I have dl'ed onto phone (skinny puppy - pro-test). think that's all there was. mighta been more texting. figure not too bad.
today started another test. full charge, turned off, turned back on and just gonna let it run without closing any apps that start up when I turn me phone on. so far up time of 7:14, awake time of 46 minutes (mostly me reading another e-book) and battery's down to 80% already.

UPDATE: made it about 12 hours with about 2 hours of use before it got down to under 20% and telling me to plug the phone in. 4g on for about 1 1/2 hours and going in and out of 4g coverage while driving and streaming pandora. sprint nav being used for about 30-45 minutes, 2 short phone calls, screen on most of the 2 hours.

so we, or at least I, learned that when restarting the phone force stop every app that you aren't using and don't need running so you'll get much better battery life.

Last edited by Drac; 07-07-2010 at 11:05 PM.