PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: Project Fi

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Attachements Not Attaching When Replying to Exchange Emails

let me state this again. ill try and have less clutter..

i sent an exchange email to my gmail. reply from gmail BACK to exchange. REPLY from exchange to GMAIL this time ADDING an attachment. i did a photo and then did a word document..

both attachments showed up in the gmail account. i did them separately.

is this how you are doing your testing?
Old 06-21-2010, 08:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

It seems that I am not being clear enough.

Go into your exchange account, then Menu, then More and then Settings and then Send & Receive. Scroll to the bottom and see if you have Reply with original text checkmarked. If not, please check mark it. If you did already have it checked, then don't change anything and proceed below.

Now go to your Gmail account and send yourself an email to your exchange account. Refresh your exchange account to receive the new email and then reply to that email and attach something.

Next refresh Gmail and receive that reply. Is there an attachment paperclip? If so, can you open and view what you sent? Can you also check Gmail via the PC and see if that attachment is there and can be opened.

When I tried with my Yahoo account, there was an attachment paperclip when I checked via my PC, but the attachment was not really there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
let me state this again. ill try and have less clutter..

i sent an exchange email to my gmail. reply from gmail BACK to exchange. REPLY from exchange to GMAIL this time ADDING an attachment. i did a photo and then did a word document..

both attachments showed up in the gmail account. i did them separately.

is this how you are doing your testing?

Hitting Thanks (to the right) helps build reputation. Hit it, if I did it!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

OK, I've tried the exact process you outline above with Gmail and Windows Live. I successfully receive the email with attachment with original quote enabled. I don't have a Yahoo account to test this with, so can you confirm that it does/doesn't work with a non-Yahoo account?

Update: I've now tried Gmail and Windows Live and Exchange using all possible combinations I can think of and cannot reproduce the issue. I always get my attachments.

Last edited by GoodThings2Life; 06-21-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

toddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stufftoddpedersen knows their stuff

Ok, thanks for your help. I am going to delete the account and set it up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
OK, I've tried the exact process you outline above with Gmail and Windows Live. I successfully receive the email with attachment with original quote enabled. I don't have a Yahoo account to test this with, so can you confirm that it does/doesn't work with a non-Yahoo account?

Update: I've now tried Gmail and Windows Live and Exchange using all possible combinations I can think of and cannot reproduce the issue. I always get my attachments.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Not sure what the heck is going on, other than maybe there is an issue with my company's exchange server and my phone. Deleting my exchange account on the phone and setting it up again did not fix the issue.

So as it stands right now, anytime I use my exchange account to reply to any email, AND have my exchange account setup to Reply With Original Text, any attachment I try to send with that reply does not get delivered. If I turn off the Reply With Original Text, then the attachments get received.

Very odd.

Quote:

Old 06-22-2010, 07:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker

marctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarctronixx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

apologies for coming late to the party..

i did the same thing with gmail and had zero issues.

i can also confirm i have the same results as GT2L.. attachments showed up at both yahoo and gmail... i used a photo and a text doc... i always have reply with text checked...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

This is very disappointing. I did a hard reset of the phone back to factory defaults and setup ONLY my Exchange account. I made not changes to the account settings, and basically started with an email I did to exchange account to exchange account.

I did a reply with an attachment and it actually came through ok.
I decided to change my Exchange Account settings one at a time, starting with the setting for how Mail Size Limt from the default 10K to Entire Message and it then tried my test reply with attachment and it did not come through.

I proceeded to change the Mail Size Limit back to 10K and tested the reply with attachment again, and it did not work.

I give up. Friggin BS if you ask me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marctronixx View Post
apologies for coming late to the party..

i did the same thing with gmail and had zero issues.

i can also confirm i have the same results as GT2L.. attachments showed up at both yahoo and gmail... i used a photo and a text doc... i always have reply with text checked...
Old 06-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker

if i can test something more let me know..
Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Forget the phone a moment... are you 100% certain that your accounts are talking to each other properly from the PC? I ask because it may be something server side causing the issue... attachment or spam filtering, for example (not specifically).

What version of Exchange are you connecting to? Perhaps your admin can help do some troubleshooting to make sure it's not an issue with the implementation on that side.

Also, sorry if I missed the response, but I didn't catch whether or not this is only happening to you for your Yahoo account or if it's universal for you...
Old 06-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

It happens no matter if I use my Yahoo Account to reply to, or even my exchange account that I have sent a message to myself from.

The odd thing is that I can get it to work flawlessly IF I turn off the Exchange Account Setting Called Reply with Original Text, which is what I have to manually do anytime I have an exchange email that I need to reply to and add an attachment.

Quote:
Forget the phone a moment... are you 100% certain that your accounts are talking to each other properly from the PC? I ask because it may be something server side causing the issue... attachment or spam filtering, for example (not specifically).

What version of Exchange are you connecting to? Perhaps your admin can help do some troubleshooting to make sure it's not an issue with the implementation on that side.

Also, sorry if I missed the response, but I didn't catch whether or not this is only happening to you for your Yahoo account or if it's universal for you...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G