PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Theres alot of threads all over the net about battery life and possible fixes. In many of these I am seeing ppl claim they have 2 days without seeing a charger. Thats fine u have a paper weight that needs charging every 24-48 hours n u let ur phone sit to see how long it lasts but i.m.o that test is useless. Any1 out there actually using their devices normally n seeing good or great battery life ? Please share your settings. Ive tried many but cant reduce this thing back to an ordinary cell phone by disabling key features. I thank all the threads n ppl who shared thoughts n links about this topic but as of yet im not seeing much improvement. Oc widget did nothing for me, device set to cdma auto already n basic settings i am on top of .. thanks to any1 with useful info

Last edited by dumpringz; 06-14-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

Mbai2 is keeping up the good workMbai2 is keeping up the good work
Re: battery sucks we all know . . . .

Mine lasts about 30 hours with normal use with background data, syncing, and always on mobile network. 4G and Wifi are off. Moderate surfing, several texts, and brief voice calls. 4G is by far the biggest battery hog. My phone gets warm when the 4G radio is on. The next biggest impact on battery life is to change the radio settings to CDMA auto instead of GSM auto using *#*#4636#*#*.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I have that setting n no luck
Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post

Theres alot of threads all over the net about battery life and possible fixes. In many of these I am seeing ppl claim they have 2 days without seeing a charger. Thats fine u have a paper weight that needs charging every 24-48 hours n u let ur phone sit to see how long it lasts but i.m.o that test is useless. Any1 out there actually using their devices normally n seeing good or great battery life ? Please share your settings. Ive tried many but cant reduce this thing back to an ordinary cell phone by disabling key features. I thank all the threads n ppl who shared thoughts n links about this topic but as of yet im not seeing much improvement. Oc widget did nothing for me, device set to cdma auto already n basic settings i am on top of .. thanks to any1 with useful info
What's your awake time to up time ratio on your phone?
Old 06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I might make 20 minutes worth of calls, 30 or 40 texts and read stuff on the internet for a cumulative hour or two. I consider this light use and still only get about 9 hours. I have GPS off, sync manually or only once a day, backlight is low and use BT in the car -- 30 min to work and 30 min home and off all other times.

No matter what I do, that's all I get. I'm OK with it because I can just charge every night and have a car charger in a pinch.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 06-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

seriously, this phone isn't magical... those claiming 40hrs don't REALLY use there phone like we do. If i have some down time, even 2 mins, i'll pick up my phone for something. Therefor, i get roughly 10-12 hours on a charge. This includes turning always-on network to off, mostly using wifi instead of 3g and overclock widget.

i don't set Estrongs Task Manager to auto-kill just cuz sometimes i want to leave somethings open. I do have an ignore list that only consists of Messaging and People (load time becomes instant since they never close), superuser, overclock widget and the other mandatory apps. Most of the time i kill my tasks via clicking the widget right before i turn off my screen and slip it into my pocket

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

3:02 to 1:32 ...

Meatgel .. lol idk y but that name is funny anyway i used 3/4 battery life with normal use in less then 4 hours today n if i had access to a charger all during the day id b ok .. night it stays there on the charger

Alot of u guys still get better usage then me ... like i mentioned in a dif thread earlier i was down to 3/4 n had to run home to grab my tp2 battery as i couldnt b near a charger for long enough 2 charge enough. Might have to sell my tp2 without a battery lol

Last edited by dumpringz; 06-14-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 & HTC Hero

sikclown is keeping up the good worksikclown is keeping up the good work

I was getting anywhere from 14 hours to 7 hours on my battery depending on my day but I was also noticing that something was occasionally keeping my phone awake. Just to test i rebooted my phone before bed and then just went to sleep. When I woke up my phone had an up time of just over 8 hours and an awake time of close to 3 hours without even being touched or plugged in. Coming fro. The Hero I was well aware of the sleeping issues my phone always had. Did a hard reset (I should have done this when I got the phone but I was impatient) and reinstalled all the exact same programs. Did the CDMA prl change thing, changed all my syncing to every four hours and actually changed my Facebook Syncing to once per Day (I don't need my contacts synced every hour). Also disabled windows animations and always on mobile data (I have had zero issues with this all day). Oh FYI I did the hard reset this afternoon after a full charge. I have used the phone moderately to heavy all day (Up time of 8:30:05 and an awake time of 2:28:31) and BatteryTime Lite widget shows the battery at 75%. I really attribute this to the hard reset personally which stopped the random Awake issue (it seems)
Old 06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

hard reset last night. WOW @ the battery life today is all i will say. i generally hate seeing ppl say "hard reset" it gives me winmo nightmares but im at 85% now at 2 hours off the charger yesterday with very similar usage i was in the 40% area ... & i am using the phone quite a bit for browsing, texting & editing docs. i hope the fiddling with apps n then uninstalling them dont leave left over ish that causes the issues i cant keep hard resetting on a frequent basis lol. hope sum1 gets to the bottom of it

Last edited by dumpringz; 06-15-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-15-2010, 11:25 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I get a full 14-16 hours of life with average use. A few 5-10 minute phone calls, browsing the app market and internet when I have to, 5 to 10 text msgs.

I have wifi turned on (uses less power than 3G while at the house) and 4G off. Turned off friend stream and removed it from the home screen. Turned off Talk in the app section. Have email pushed once a day and syncing off. Turned the brightness down a tad too. I do have mobile data on, gps on, etc.

I noticed my uptime is 25 hours and awake time is 7 hours (did charge it throughout the night, on at 10pm, off at 7:30am). I might do a reset just to see what it does.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G