PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: battery sucks we all know . . . .

I haven't charged my phone since yesterday night. I purposely left it off the charge last night to see how long I'd go today without needing a charge. So far my battery bar is still green...but it's almost done. I'm good with that type of battery performance. Hell, I'm more than good with it. As I have been using my phone almost the whole time.

Have you guys read all the threads with suggestions on how to increase your batteries performance?

Have you downloaded the reported apps/widgets that help?

I've got my phone rooted the Evo way and I'm using ATK and the Overclock widget. I also have a "Call Firewall" app running all the time. I have plugged my phone into the computer twice to transfer some music files over to it...but each time was less than 6 minutes.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

infinitemethod is just getting started

Off the charger at 8:30 this morning. All radios off except cell and I use mine quite a bit throughout the day. at 35%.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

yea im at 36% right now no charge in 8 hours with moderate to heavy texting n browsing. def pleased with todays life i hope it holds up. all attributed to the hard reset no doubt in my mind
Old 06-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

This might be a dumb question, but where do you get these exact battery percentages at? I go to Settings, About Phone, Battery and I see a bar with ten increments on it. If 3 are full, I know its 30%. But I see people saying "I'm at 36%, etc." Where can I find this?
Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

biscodude is becoming a great contributor

Juiceplotter is a great app for monitoring battery usage.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

njward75 is a n00b

After doing all of the tips suggested in the forum, now I wish I would have known some of these prior to getting the EVO. I used to run a Touch Pro on an extended battery and sitting at my desk would kill the battery in a few hours due to the poor signal. If I would have had the Wifi on the whole time so that the email sync wouldn't drain the battery, I probably would have had better battery life than I did with the touch pro. Now that I know what to do, I'm getting a much longer usage time with my EVO than I ever did with anything else. Now, if only I could get a $10 rebate per month from sprint now that I have Wifi on most of the time. . .
Old 06-15-2010, 06:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

infinitemethod is just getting started

The market place has battery apps that show %. Just type in battery.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint HTC Evo : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

yea im at 36% right now no charge in 8 hours with moderate to heavy texting n browsing. def pleased with todays life i hope it holds up. all attributed to the hard reset no doubt in my mind
yep. I fully rooted and installed a custom, but in doing so - I also wiped the device. SO, it could be the wipe, the custom ROM, or both.

That being said, I am just over 9 hours now with 41% left. I am not running ATK or OC widget (although I think the custom has some sort of task killer cooked in), the only tweaks I made were screen brightness and I turned off always on mobile data. GPS on all day, no BT-Wifi-4G. Normal work day use which includes meeting reminders, lots of email, texts, some Tapatalk, 4 quick phone calls.

Today is the first day, so I should definitely test more - but I am really happy so far. I was able to relax about battery life - which was nice.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Threadstarter

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitemethod
The market place has battery apps that show %. Just type in battery.
on some reviews for them ppl claim they suck the life out of the battery. i wonder how much of that is true n proven
Old 06-15-2010, 06:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

biscodude is becoming a great contributor

I haven't noticed Juiceplotter draining the battery at all. It actually graphs your power usage. It helped me identify what was causing my battery woes.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G