PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 10:29 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

gmoney91 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
When I try to search for the Qik for Evo, it doesn't appear. Just the normal Qik app, which doesn't give video chat. Why? And how can I get it back?
Whenever you flash to a custom rom, you should be able to find it. There's issues with having a rooted and an unrooted rom.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: EVO Full Root|Recovery|Nand Backup/Restore|Flashing for n00b's Instructions & Vid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney91 View Post
I'm sorry. The post I was referring to is #110. That error message that I got was from typing in those commands. Charge Only and USB debugging are both on. I used adb shell to root my Hero and had no problems. It only took me one day. I'm on my 4th night trying to figure on this Evo.
Your issue MAY be a adb driver issue. Had one other user with a similar "device not found" error.
Fast suggested this:

"You do not need android-sdk at all.
I have a laptop w/ Vista that has never been connected to my phone. I connected the phone, and it failed to see it. It looked for drivers, but failed. Only thing I could do was Charge or Disk Drive. Went into the disk drive and copied the HTC Sync file and installed it.
After it was done, I unplugged the phone, reconnected it w/ HTC Sync.
Then I downloaded the evo-recovery.zip, open the run command and typed "c:\evo-recovery\adb-windows reboot recovery".
Worked fine. Then I typed "c:\evo-recovery\recovery-windows.bat" and went right into recovery mode.
Never needed the sdk."

Dont need the HTC Sync part. Just charge only will work. Just tested it on my device.

Worth a shot.

EDIT: I meant you dont need HTC Sync to be running, still grab and install the files as Fast said.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 06-16-2010 at 11:23 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Check Post #346 and #347.

Like we said, if you root and stay on the stock ROM and dont have a Superuser icon (many users dont) the apps that require root wont work.

Edit:
@Fast-40 posts per page and Fluid Gray ftw! LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoney91 View Post
Whenever you flash to a custom rom, you should be able to find it. There's issues with having a rooted and an unrooted rom.
Ill check those posts, thanks.

Alright, Ill look into customs now. Though I don't mind stock. Is there a custom ROM thats close to stock?
Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Alright, Ill look into customs now. Though I don't mind stock. Is there a custom ROM thats close to stock?
OMJ's rocks. Very close to stock, Sprint bloat removed, a few tweaks but visually exactly like stock.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123534

If you want a Sprint app like Nav then OMJ has all the Sprint apk available on Post#1 for reinstall as you wish.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

gmoney91 is just getting started

Quote:

OMJ seems to be a popular one. I'm a big fan of the fresh roms by flipz. They're optimized for speed removing the sprint bloatware and adding some essential goodies. Like OMJ, you add back any sprint features that you want.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
OMJ's rocks. Very close to stock, Sprint bloat removed, a few tweaks but visually exactly like stock.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123534

If you want a Sprint app like Nav then OMJ has all the Sprint apk available on Post#1 for reinstall as you wish.
Im downloading it now. Ill have to see once the Evo gets put onto my employee line Friday if I can use Navi and TV. Its nice having it on my advocate line, but if they arent included in my employee plan, no need for them
Old 06-17-2010, 09:05 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIPdodge_longhorn is a VIP

hey guys when i type in the comand
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
i get cat/sdcard/flash_image: not found any ideas
Old 06-17-2010, 09:29 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge_longhorn View Post
hey guys when i type in the comand
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
i get cat/sdcard/flash_image: not found any ideas
Did you put the FILE, NOT the FOLDER on your SD card?
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

@dodge_longhorn: also insure your phone is in "charge only" and not "disc drive".

Old 06-17-2010, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Coming from a touch pro 2 the Android system is growing on me. I have successfully rooted, nand backup, and flashed OMJ's Rom without a hitch. I have attempted to unlock the nand and feel that I have completed it. However, how can I verify that I have successfully unlocked the nand? Thanks for the great thread guys!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos