PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 02:30 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
re: EVERYTHING EVO - Rooting | NAND | Flashing Roms | Wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ice View Post
Yew
1. Yes sir , thats what im trying to do.
2. Im coming from the WM platform, and my home PC is running windows XP
3.I was on the step in the command prompt, entering the commands.. adb etc,
but after each command I hit enter, but it showed 0, nothing got move to the sd card after i hit enter...
Reboot Box and Phone. Try again.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:38 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by black ice View Post
Yew
1. Yes sir , thats what im trying to do.
2. Im coming from the WM platform, and my home PC is running windows XP
3.I was on the step in the command prompt, entering the commands.. adb etc,
but after each command I hit enter, but it showed 0, nothing got move to the sd card after i hit enter...
Well we're getting there...

I meant what PHONE OS are you coming from-as in what software version?
I was trying to determine if you were starting with the correct step.
As thacounty indicates it may not matter-follow his advice and if you are still stuck post up what software version you currently have on the phone and the exact step you are trying.
Old 09-11-2010, 10:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Well we're getting there...

I meant what PHONE OS are you coming from-as in what software version?
I was trying to determine if you were starting with the correct step.
As thacounty indicates it may not matter-follow his advice and if you are still stuck post up what software version you currently have on the phone and the exact step you are trying.
You have been cool, I have it rooted now. unrevoked3.. was really simple... thanks again...also I am on 2.2...but im good now..
Old 09-13-2010, 11:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Guys, there's got to be an easier way to fully root a stock 2.2. Evo then this thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=765496

I read thru it and I get a migraine.

Is there an easier to way to fully root then the post above?
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

Last edited by Fat Tony; 09-13-2010 at 11:07 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
Guys, there's got to be an easier way to fully root a stock 2.2. Evo then this thread on XDA: [GUIDE] How to root Android 2.2 on the EVO 4G - xda-developers

I read thru it and I get a migraine.

Is there an easier to way to fully root then the post above?
Is one click simple enough?
[ROOT] unrEVOked 3.2: one-click root for Froyo, no downgrading - xda-developers

Haven't done it, just know it exists.
Good luck.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I guess one click is easy enough. It would be cool of some of these "Chefs" could do an OTA root but I guess I can single click. Gosh.

+1 fo yo help.

Last edited by Fat Tony; 09-14-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

havek is a n00b

IKNOWSQUAT and thacounty thanks a million. I did the backup.

Just so that others can benefit... you can create the backup from the bootloader or using "rom manager" from clockworkmod. Well, assuming you have clockworkmod recovery. (Anyone plz correct me if i'm wrong on that). Now, for some reason it did not create a .zip file. Rather it placed the backup in a folder called clockworkmod\backup.

I rebooted to bootloader mocked a recovery and was able to see the backup. You can also see and restore the backup using the gui "rom manager" came with.

IKNOWSQUAT: there is finally a one step root method to root the stock 2.2? You mentioned it to Fat Tony. Just want to know to refer others to it. I still prefer the original long way. Thanks again.

Last edited by havek; 09-14-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

The unrevoked thinga-ma-bob isn't working.

Do I want to do this the long way? Hmmm
Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by havek View Post
IKNOWSQUAT and thacounty thanks a million. I did the backup.

Just so that others can benefit... you can create the backup from the bootloader or using "rom manager" from clockworkmod. Well, assuming you have clockworkmod recovery. (Anyone plz correct me if i'm wrong on that). Now, for some reason it did not create a .zip file. Rather it placed the backup in a folder called clockworkmod\backup.

I rebooted to bootloader mocked a recovery and was able to see the backup. You can also see and restore the backup using the gui "rom manager" came with.

IKNOWSQUAT: there is finally a one step root method to root the stock 2.2? You mentioned it to Fat Tony. Just want to know to refer others to it. I still prefer the original long way. Thanks again.
The backups, with Clockwork or amon RA, are not formed into flashable zips. There are stored on your SD card and accessed when you decide to restore-either by choosing Restore from the Recovery menu or from within ROM Manager.

AFAIK the thread I linked is the only one step method available. Apparently Tony had issues. Like I said I haven't done it, just linked it. I stopped unrooting intentionally for educational purposes awhile ago. For issues and troubleshooting you'd have to check the thread.

Tony-I did a very quick perusal of the last few posts in that thread and saw at least one person that had to make multiple attempts to get the process to go.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

havek is a n00b

Thanks IKNOWSQUAT.

FAT TONY use the long root method then. I know it seems like a lot but i was able to do it within 30 minutes (including downloading all the stuff, installing and uninstalling). If u know wat u r doing it could be done in much less.

Considering everything I think for now its the best alternative. Not to mention that if you run into any trouble (i didnt) there are corrective steps to take that r also mentioned. Again, it can be done in less if u r experienced.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
backup, basics, easy, evo, hboot-.076, help root, htc evo 4g, htc evo password, radio-1.36.00.04.02, recovery, restore, root, rooting, videos