PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2010, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: People ditching iphones for the Evo

Here is Lucas McCain's response to the iPhone people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xXBAoxHYpM
Old 06-05-2010, 08:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilk View Post
They will go back, the next gen iPhone is an Evo killer lol.
I doubt it. With 2 gb limit, I doubt anyone using data will go back. If you use 5gb, that cost will you $75 or something like that.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecalip View Post
I doubt it. With 2 gb limit, I doubt anyone using data will go back. If you use 5gb, that cost will you $75 or something like that.
Agreed. And I'm not saying having an iPhone means your retarded or anything, but it certainly isn't a feather in your cap either.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC

I ditched my iPhone for a Mogul... Haven't gone back since...

Old 06-05-2010, 10:35 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Hahaha i actually posed for a pic just like this. One of the sprint reps was taking a pic of an iphone in the sprint store showing that it was being traded for and evo while i was getting mine activated. So i held up my evo's box in front of the pic. The rep saw me and laughed, and continued to set up the pic with me and the evo box in it. It was sent to all the reps in puerto rico via email so my face wont be unrecognized lol
Old 06-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: People ditching iphones for the Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by concertzach View Post
I'm switching, I got tired of Apple's iron fisted dictatorship on their software. I hacked it anyways, but still, too much trouble. At least the Android guys don't really CARE if you root. It got to the point where the updates on my iPhone didn't actually DO anything, they were just to trick people into unwittingly lose their jailbreak. Screw that. If I want to listen to Pandora while I text message then just LET me! Why do I have to wait until Mr. Jobs decides it's appropriate? DEATH TO MAC!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Yeah, and crowd up our network. Why do we want those goofballs here, sure, if they come on their own, on bended knees, fine, but why try to attract them? Let them stay with their lousy service, and Apple slave-dom.
Them sound like fightin words. What's wrong with Sprint actually gaining customers? It's not like 4g can't handle it, and when are you going to use 6Mbps download speed on your phone anyway...Unless you're using it as a hotspot.

Bundo just jealous that an Iphone convert got mad rep on his first post. Go get 'em zack! Screw apple and screw AFGHANISTAN!
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsohc22 View Post
I ditched my iPhone for a Mogul... Haven't gone back since...
I hated my mogul I had 6 of them ive had 7 TP and now im on my 3rd TP2, windows mobile is garbage and not an apple killer but I am liking this android and 4g evo more and more. I like apple as well but there is NO WAY IN HELL I will ever go to at&t so we will see.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

Well.................like I stated before........if Sprint did get the iPhone.....I think they would DOMINATE the carrier market................ESPECIALLY right about now!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:42 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369

And just to let you guys know...my brother went and got an iPhone.......I was highly pissed at the time and told him he could have bought a HD2 for $99 (he signed a new contract with AT&T and paid $299 for a iPhone 3G.......not a 3Gs......that's right....no typo)! Well.........Android BLOWS AppleOS and Windows Mobile (and possibly Windows Phone 7 too) out of their drawers!

They way I see it:
AppleOS is like a big room (about the size of a football field depending on which model you get, 8g, 16g or 32g if they have the 32) and you can fill it up with a whole bunch of junk......or you can fill it up with a lot of stuff that you need.....or you can fill it up with both.....pretty much up to you but from what I experienced that's about it! One thing for sure though is you will not be getting out of that room......you're just trapped!

Android is like.....its like........like being the internet.....being able to go anywhere you want...anytime you want.....with the least amount of restrictions! Do what you wanna do, be where you wanna be....HELL be WHO you wanna be......limitless information.....the luxury of a smooth ride but not paying an arm and a leg for it.........simply put, Android is "The Easy Button!"

Windows Mobile is like the guy you see in the same classroom everytime the bell rings and you have to go to your next......and at the end of the school day you're driving home or car pooling with friends (AppleOS) or beaming to where ever you wanna go (Android) and they're still getting on the yellow schoolbus that's the same size as a Dodge Ram 1500!

By the way...........I'm still pissed @ my brother!

Last edited by radar369; 06-05-2010 at 04:28 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

No Slingbox no EVO.I would love to own 1 but got to have my Slingbox.

Plus a extra 50$ a month for a phone not gonna happen the next big thing will be out in the next 4 months anyway.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G