PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 02:09 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: HTC EVO 4G Review phonescoop kinda dogs it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad20_09 View Post
I know it's off topic but, It does not have to be a child or minor. In fact, hand gestures can also be considered disorderly conduct. It is all up to the officer's discretion (pretty sickening if you think about it). and you can be arrested if it's a repeat offense, I'm sure. (I have personal experience in this area)
much like how if your driving and give someone the finger you can be charged with road rage lol..

ok, im done now though lol, im not a minor and didnt mean to get everyone talking bout it.. sorry folks
Old 05-26-2010, 02:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mswezey View Post
Ha that sucks for that guy! Hopefully he didn't get fined tooo bad or at all because in all reality who wouldn't be dropping f-bombs? Either that are laughing at yourself lol
Its not like kids these days here worse language on TV, Radio, or wait better yet the Internet!! haha

Yeah, im usually nice to lil kids over Live, but......yeah I'm 19 and they do get under my skin a lot, especially with their british accent lol. But thats just trash, gamer talk. I wouldn't talk like that in person to any of them, and I know none of them would say 3/4 of the things they say if they weren't behind a TV and internet connection.
Wow, I've got cell phones older than you
Old 05-26-2010, 03:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint 4G

kash23 is keeping up the good workkash23 is keeping up the good work

I Do agree with his displeasure of the 4G coverage and lack of it. This phone launches in days but Coverage in alot of most areas are months away. ..
Old 05-26-2010, 03:25 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Wow, I've got cell phones older than you
you have a 20 yr old cell phone?? is this it:
Old 05-26-2010, 04:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

i didn't really pay attention to what he said about 4g cuz my area doesn't have it, but it was cool to see the EVO outdoors... reviews are always indoors, so it was a nice change.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
you have a 20 yr old cell phone?? is this it:
My first was a Motorola bag phone. It had a handset with a cord to the rest of the phone in the bag. The battery height and width was about 2.5 or 3 inches, and maybe 9 inches long, and only lasted about 6 hours. The phone was 3 watts, since no antenna was next to your head. The bag had a strap, so basically you carried it like a big fat heavy purse
Old 05-26-2010, 05:41 AM
VIP Member

Re: Likes & Dislikes of the EVO...

How long until the kickstand causes problems, like getting loose, or catching on things in the pocket or whatever? That kickstand seems a little hokey to me
Old 05-26-2010, 06:33 AM
VIP Member

Re: My EVO review...hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
That word (Mogul) should be BANNED lol.
The Mogul had a lot of great features that have been missing since, like IR, a rim around the screen that helped protect it, and an abundance of buttons. Plus a keyboard, which is sadly missing on the Evo (hopefully there will be a Pro model soon). Using AE Button Plus, you could do dozens of things with just button presses. WiFi was on its own button. Look how many steps it takes on everything since then to turn on WiFi.

What I am saying is that for every step forward since the Mogul, there has been another step backwards. They should make a SuperPhone, with many buttons, IR, a keyboard, etc., like the Mogul had, and add in the improved keyboard of the TP2, a 4.3" screen, and everything else that actually was improved. This trying to be button-less, and keyboard-less, basically trying to be like an iPhone, stinks, IMO.

Last edited by TheBundo; 05-26-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

WyldeStile is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt C6 View Post
Good review. It seemed to be critical of the 4g coverage area (lack of) and the justification of the extra $10 premium on the monthly bill.
I whole heartedly agree on both criticisms.

The big sticking point for me is the lack of a slide out landscape QWERTY.
I will not replace my TP2 until their is a 1ghz/Android with a similar QWERTY.

I'm waiting for an Evo "Pro" or "Touch Pro 3" device running Android.
I agree. Except for the 720 camcorder he was mainly positive about the phone. He was down on the 4G/Wimax and it's $10 fee associated with it. Or as Sprint has recently called it, a "coolness" fee.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

thecalip is just getting started
Re: EVO 4G Review from Slashgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
At first I felt like the charge was for 4G but then after I continued to read more and more I realized that Sprint is selling the EVO probably at a huge loss. I mean look at the full price $449? I remember when the TP1 and TP2 came out it was $550 full price, that's $100 more, Sprint has to make their money back some how. I personally don't mind (I have a $10 monthly recurring credit on my account) and I know NYC is getting 4G soon.

Also from what I read the $10 also removes any data caps for 3G (no more 5 GB) and access to more premium Sprint channels.
Technologies are suppose to bring the cost down. I paid 2k for a 486 10 years ago. Now dell is selling i5/i7 for $400? They must be taking a big loss.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic