PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.18302/870; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

well so much for your idea. this ia a bonified fail.
$79.99/month isn't bad at all. I think $10 more is acceptable (especially with rooted wifi router), if it was $20 or $30, I'd be bitching right by your side.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

madoc is keeping up the good workmadoc is keeping up the good work
Re: HTC EVO 4G /Supersonic HANDS ON!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
well at least once its rooted the last frown face can be erased.
Wow, that was fast!
http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/24/h...rd-time-video/

Old 05-24-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
EVO 4G Review from Slashgear

Here's a new review of the EVO 4G, this time from SlashGear. Haven't had a chance to read it yet, but figured some of you like hearing from the big sites.

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-evo-4g-review-2486586/

Last edited by lipidfats; 05-24-2010 at 05:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint Everything Plus - Fresh Evo 3.1.0.1

Journeyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJourneyjeans is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to Journeyjeans
Re: EVO 4G Review from Slashgear

Good review, especially the financial aspects, as well as noting the "fee" for WiMax where there is no accesss. Surprised they said it out right. Otherwise, good review if abit "down", if you will. The DROID Incredible, I've noticed, is tending to recieve far better reviews (even being called an iPhone killer by Yahoo)......even though it is an inferior device compared to the 4G.....I wish someone could explain THAT.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: EVO 4G Review from Slashgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyjeans View Post
Good review, especially the financial aspects, as well as noting the "fee" for WiMax where there is no accesss. Surprised they said it out right. Otherwise, good review if abit "down", if you will. The DROID Incredible, I've noticed, is tending to recieve far better reviews (even being called an iPhone killer by Yahoo)......even though it is an inferior device compared to the 4G.....I wish someone could explain THAT.
I love how vegue these reviewers are...the $10 fee for the millionth time is not the 4G network persa...Its the phones capibilities, plus 4G. If you live in a 3G area right now your still going to benifit from the Evo, faster processor, HDMI out, 8mp camera and 1.3 on the front and believe it or not the web browsing on 3G is fast too due to the added HP of the Snapdragon 1Ghz Processor. Is there any other phone out there right now that even comes close to it? NO...

$10 in the scheme of things is a small price to pay...I don't understand why so many people are getting bent out of shape about it. If it makes you feel any better you would be paying on average about $20-30 more on Verizon's Network, for no 4G at all...just priceplan, data plan and some other features....so it really isn't a huge deal.

I actually went into a store today, and the sales rep had a Evo 4G, live working and running 4G....I feel in love at first site...he let me play with it for a good 20min and I asked him all types of questions....and believe me...that phone will make you smile to no end when you have it in your hands....It has everything you would ever want installed, speed, and screen size.

I wish I could have taken it with me but it was his...but I will for sure get it here in a few months when I have my Premier upgrade...
Old 05-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74
My EVO review...hmmm

So I had the chance to play with a working EVO, and I must say.... IMPRESSIVE!

The first thing I tried out was the wifi connection. It was great, very fast and easy to connect to.
You can definitely tell this device is powered by a 1GZ SnapDragon, simply by the loading of the internet.
The Sense UI had the tiniest, slightest, millisecond of lag when scrolling through all the front pages by swiping.
The camera's were great, didn't get a chance to stream video, but the front facing camera has fantastic quality even for a 1.3MP. I do have to say, I couldn't really tell the difference in clarity from the Hero's 5MP cam, to the Evo's 8MP cam. The quality honestly looked th same to me.

the phone felt BIG in my hand, but also felt nice. the back camera sticks out just a bit (which I hate), and the SD card is located UNDERNEATH the battery!!! I HATE THAT!!! It is a 8GB sd card Class2... =( Bummer, because the HTC HD2 came stock with a 16GB card, and I believe the Incredible did as well. Just another Sprint failure I guess..

All in all, I was impressed with this awesome device, and can really see people switching cell carriers to get this beast. For all of you who will be in line at the BUTT Crack of DAWN (like me) on June 4th, 2010, enjoy your EVO!!!!!

peace-br

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuffChrisH09 knows their stuff
Re: My EVO review...hmmm

I to went to a Sprint Store today and was able to test out the Managers Evo 4G...and my face lit up like it was Christmas!! First Impression....It looks bigger than the HTC HD2 in size...depth wise it may be a little bigger but it fits will in my hand (I have big hands). The screen is clear, bright and easy to read. Now getting into the nitty gritty....The Speed and feel of the OS. The Snapdragon 1Ghz processor makes a world of difference on this device. Compared to my HTC Touch Pro 2 this thing feels really snappy, yeah it may have a little lag here and there...but it doesn't really feel laggy...if that makes and sense. Android is a full 180 from what I'm used to but I feel comfortable moving...I feel it offers 150% more than Windows Mobile...and I bet people can vouch for me on that one too...

The Manager showed me some cool apps he downloaded, one that coinsides with your contacts where you can write on the screen and it inputs the letters...and a few others...I also like how you can integrate facebook, and twitter all in the same tab.

This phone is going to be kick ass once it is released...I feel for the 1st time in a long time Sprint has done something right...and this phone will redeem them in one way or another.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
So I had the chance to play with a working EVO, and I must say.... IMPRESSIVE!

The first thing I tried out was the wifi connection. It was great, very fast and easy to connect to.
You can definitely tell this device is powered by a 1GZ SnapDragon, simply by the loading of the internet.
The Sense UI had the tiniest, slightest, millisecond of lag when scrolling through all the front pages by swiping.
The camera's were great, didn't get a chance to stream video, but the front facing camera has fantastic quality even for a 1.3MP. I do have to say, I couldn't really tell the difference in clarity from the Hero's 5MP cam, to the Evo's 8MP cam. The quality honestly looked th same to me.

the phone felt BIG in my hand, but also felt nice. the back camera sticks out just a bit (which I hate), and the SD card is located UNDERNEATH the battery!!! I HATE THAT!!! It is a 8GB sd card Class2... =( Bummer, because the HTC HD2 came stock with a 16GB card, and I believe the Incredible did as well. Just another Sprint failure I guess..

All in all, I was impressed with this awesome device, and can really see people switching cell carriers to get this beast. For all of you who will be in line at the BUTT Crack of DAWN (like me) on June 4th, 2010, enjoy your EVO!!!!!

peace-br
darn, some of your mentioned drawbacks are the things I hate also. card location, non flush cam
Old 05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 View Post
darn, some of your mentioned drawbacks are the things I hate also. card location, non flush cam
The USB cord that comes with it is your best friend, no need to take your memory card in and out. Alot of times your phone once plugged into a PC will show up as a Removeable Device...and that way you can take off, put on anything you want....

The Cam not being flush, simple fix....buy a case that incompass's it...I've already seen some on a few websites...You can't expect everything to go your way on this phone....

I figured I would get a screen protector of sorts and put it on the lens, that way it's easy to clean and will be kept from getting scratched...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

fenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfenixjn is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Honestly, I don't see any defects on this phone as a device, even after reading several reviews. 6/4 almost there!!

Thanks for the review heydjbobby74

ROM: DamageControl 3.1.2
Radio: Stock +upgrade (for now)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G

Tags
evo 4g, lemon, mic