PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 09:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy
Re: Trade in a TP2 for credit towards EVO...?

What a crock the price changes based on who the carrier of the phone is. LOL.

Shell
Old 05-21-2010, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLovatScout View Post
My god, I just checked that too BoredandTattooed.

82...effing dollars. What a bloody rip!!!

And to Champ, how can you trade something back to Best Buy? Don't you have to originally buy it form them anyways? And my TP2 isn't the prettiest thing, lol.

So keep your tp2 then, no offense but the EVO is being blown way out of proportion IMO. yes it's a nice phone but it's not gonna be the best or a savior. I can't wait to start reading about all of the issues, bugs and problems that will take months to get sorted out. When that happens ill buy one off of craigslist for cheap. Sorry didn't mean to sound like a troll but it's how a lot of us feel.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Almost a VIP

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus_del_marko View Post
So keep your tp2 then, no offense but the EVO is being blown way out of proportion IMO. yes it's a nice phone but it's not gonna be the best or a savior. I can't wait to start reading about all of the issues, bugs and problems that will take months to get sorted out. When that happens ill buy one off of craigslist for cheap. Sorry didn't mean to sound like a troll but it's how a lot of us feel.
And for what reason do you feel this way? You do sound very Trollish with that comment. And your post count. Show me any other phone that is being released that has the specs that this one has? Is there some reason for us to not feel that this phone is going to be a great thing?

Shell
Old 05-21-2010, 09:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

markus_del_marko is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellguy View Post
And for what reason do you feel this way? You do sound very Trollish with that comment. And your post count. Show me any other phone that is being released that has the specs that this one has? Is there some reason for us to not feel that this phone is going to be a great thing?

Shell

Lets see, in 4-6 months the EVO will be as outdated as the hero is. Im glad everyone can just dump $$ blindly into a new phone just for bragging rights. Give the thing time to be cracked, custom rom and bugs worked out, thats my point. I can assure you here & xda will be filled with OMG i just wasted my money on this thing before the devs even have a chance to fix anything.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Lets see, in 4-6 months the EVO will be as outdated as the hero is. Im glad everyone can just dump $$ blindly into a new phone just for bragging rights. Give the thing time to be cracked, custom rom and bugs worked out, thats my point. I can assure you here & xda will be filled with OMG i just wasted my money on this thing before the devs even have a chance to fix anything.
That is called buyers remorse, those are the people that are not willing to wait out the growing pains of a new phone. I have had my share of Smartphones to know that there will be some things that take time. I have wanted this phone for some time now. It is why I bought my TP2 cash when I started with sprint. Because I wanted to keep my upgrade open.

Shell
Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

thats y im glad i only paid 100 bux for mine =) ...... but sum ppl dont mind payin for what they enjoy out of life .. cant take money to the grave & its only real purpose to be spent ... but if i wasnt eligible for the upgrade, idk if id pay retail for it. gadgets dont do it for me like that but we all have our hobbys or interests where money dont matter. least thats my opinion
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 PM
N00b

bsod169 is a n00b

Quote:
troll is troll.

A lot of people are not just blindly wasting money on any phone. This is the best phone to date and yes it may be outed in a few months it will still be one of the best. Don't forget a lot of peoples 1 yr and 2 yr contract renewals are coming up and if you are a Sprint Premiere member on a 1 yr you will being the $199. For a lot of us the $199 price tag won't break the bank as this phone is a investment and as a lot of members here on this forums this is our hobby. If there is any problems with this phone. We will work together to make our own fixes and solutions since the Sprint is so slow. Teamwork and great members make this a great forum.

To stay on topic somewhat. I will be trading in my Touch Pro 1 at bestbuy.. oh yeah! $68!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Almost a VIP

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

lmfaoooo .. they are actually gonna buy that p.o.s ? no offense lol .... those that arent upgrading to evo & still in seearch of a tp2 will likely be scouring ebay & im gonna try n throw mine up there 2 c what happens .. throw in different battery covers, phantom skinz screen protector but def not gonna give it up for cheap .. but again idk what the majority will be averaged at .. it will b damn near in brand new shape so . . .

Last edited by dumpringz; 05-21-2010 at 10:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc pro 2
Carrier: sprint

daniel0260 is a n00b

177 bb is offering for my tp2
Old 05-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP

what kind of profit can they make for payin that price for a used phone ? not like the tp2 moves off the shelf like hotcakes

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G