PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to TheLovatScout
Question Trade in a TP2 for credit towards EVO...?

Doesn't Sprint have a Trade-In policy where you can trade in your old phone for credit towards a new phone or maybe just credit on your Sprint account?

I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere, if so do you think they'll play you like Gamestop does? And by that, I mean will they give you $40 for a +$400 phone?

Thanks guys/gals.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005
Re: Trade in a TP2 for credit towards EVO...?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Sprint is going to rip you off with their prices for buy backs.

Try Radio Shack and Best Buy.

You will not get as much money if you were to sell it, but at least you get some money out of it.

Brownhornet, a user on these forums, said that BB offered him $140 for a Hero. So I'm guessing they should offer more for the TP2. All credit goes to him, so thank him if you run into his posts.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Notice: To receive a Buyback Credit, participant must be a new or existing Sprint customer with an active account in good standing. Existing Sprint customers may participate in the program online. New or existing customers may participate in the program at a participating Sprint-owned or Preferred Retailer Sprint store ("in-store"). https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/consumer/

The program is not available at all In-store locations. Program is not available to minors; must be eighteen (1 years old to participate. There is a limit of three (3) returned devices, per active line of service, for an account credit, per 12 month period. If the above criteria are not met, anyone has the option to submit surplus inactive devices regardless of age - manufacturer or carrier as a donation to Sprint Project Connect.

edit** Sprint offers upto $82 for a TP2 LMFAO https://secure2.sprintbuyback.com/co...NQmG*PC5oDYSoA

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-21-2010 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

TheLovatScout is keeping up the good workTheLovatScout is keeping up the good work

My god, I just checked that too BoredandTattooed.

82...effing dollars. What a bloody rip!!!

And to Champ, how can you trade something back to Best Buy? Don't you have to originally buy it form them anyways? And my TP2 isn't the prettiest thing, lol.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b

fendi503 is keeping up the good workfendi503 is keeping up the good work

$82 sounds good to me. I only paid $100 for it and it is a little bruised up now.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendi503 View Post
$82 sounds good to me. I only paid $100 for it and it is a little bruised up now.
No way dude, go with the Best Buy trade-ins. I just checked mine, and I put my condition as FAIR instead of GOOD, and it gave me 154 on gift card, 100 mail in.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint's Buy Back program used to be halfway decent until recently. I think everything changed earlier this year when they started accepting non-Sprint/Nextel phones. I got $50 each for 2 Rumors (which were free anyway) late last year. I also got $38 for a Sanyo SCP-2700 (also free) that had a bad charge port (Sprint claimed physical damage and wanted a $50 deductible, yeah right). I have sold numerous Nextel and Sprint phones to them in the past for pretty good prices. Usually phone with less or not resale value on eBay or craigslist.

...but I agree. If you have a smartphone or any of the latest dumbphones in good condition and don't want to bother selling it, DON'T go with Sprint. Best Buy, Radio Shack and others will net you more. The only disadvantage to these programs are that you are stuck with their gift cards (well BB does checks for a lesser value, I guess paper costs them more than plastic).

FYI...every once in a while the Radio Shack will take phones with a value less than $10 or no value at all and give you a $10 gift card for each. I have done this with 15 phones this year. All proceeds going towards my EVO 4G.

Last edited by klimb22; 05-21-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

the Shack was offering me $142 for my TP2. I think i can get more for mine than that so I will try to go the CL or Ebay or something.

Shell
Old 05-21-2010, 08:58 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

best buy just offered me $177 for my TP2... wonder why they offer sooo much more than sprint

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...20TOUCH%20PRO2 for anyone wlse who wants to see
Old 05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
best buy just offered me $177 for my TP2... wonder why they offer sooo much more than sprint

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/Quo...20TOUCH%20PRO2 for anyone wlse who wants to see
Well there is a big difference in the cash value versus the gift card value.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G