PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i dont have to be upgrading or buying anything to do this sale to b.b ? unless i looked wrong i cant find info on it
Old 05-21-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Trade in a TP2 for credit towards EVO...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post
Wirelessly posted (Sprint TP2 6.5 stock: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i dont have to be upgrading or buying anything to do this sale to b.b ? unless i looked wrong i cant find info on it
The trade-in program is totally independant of purchases. All the info you need is right here: https://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

ok thanks ... part of me thinks i should maybe jump on it now since they offered 183 bux in gift card, even tho im not a b.b guy. in a few weeks who knows how the price may changed with ppl willing to give up their tp2s .. the other part of is thinkin in the unlikely possibility i dont like the evo maybe holding on to the tp2 isnt a bad idea. . ahh idk lol
Old 05-21-2010, 11:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

hey guys, keep in mind for the Best Buy trade ins, the phone had to be purchased at Best Buy. If you can't find the receipt, they look it up in the system.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:47 PM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champ052005 View Post
hey guys, keep in mind for the Best Buy trade ins, the phone had to be purchased at Best Buy. If you can't find the receipt, they look it up in the system.
not if you read the requirements, check the online= not from store is all gud

Quote:
Use the Online Trade-In program if you:

Choose not to use the In-store Trade-in program.
Purchased your item at another store.
Can't recover your receipt.
Have items not covered in the In-store Trade-in program.
This program is for select gently used electronics from the list below. You will get a Best Buy gift card good toward any purchase at Best Buy.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

klimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularklimb22 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
To clarify...Only the in-store trade-ins require the purchase at BB w/ receipt.

• Choose not to use the In-store Trade-in program.
  • Purchased your item at another store.
  • Can't recover your receipt.
  • Have items not covered in the In-store Trade-in program.
I guess kjhadfield's trigger is faster than mine.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
To clarify...Only the in-store trade-ins require the purchase at BB w/ receipt.

• Choose not to use the In-store Trade-in program.
  • Purchased your item at another store.
  • Can't recover your receipt.
  • Have items not covered in the In-store Trade-in program.

ohhhh...I got schooled! lol

I'll be digging in the online portion of the trade in. I'll read the details to figure out if they let you defer the trade in if for some reason you don't like the price they give you.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:59 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

So my Spare Touch Pro 2 is in good condition, no screen scratches, but due to me messing up the slider flex cable when disassembling, the screen no longer comes on. Still works, verified by using MyMobiler. I didn't see "Screen works" in the Options. Can I still get around $140 for it, or will they evaluate it once they receive it and say OK here's $20 bucks??
Old 05-22-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
ohhhh...I got schooled! lol

I'll be digging in the online portion of the trade in. I'll read the details to figure out if they let you defer the trade in if for some reason you don't like the price they give you.
I have heard horror stories about the trade-in programs where you have to send products in. One main complaint is that they will say the product is in worse condition and give you less money.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:07 AM
HI Fly Guy
Pocket PC: TP2 Swimmin' w/ the Sharkie's
Carrier: On da NOW...4 NOW!

kjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkjhadfield is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klimb22 View Post
i had 1 tab w/ the bb trade-in and just refreshed the thread..

wicked draw of the west

i dont know if im gonna do this w/ the tp2, i'd hate to give it up, it still is a beast. i have a vogue ($34 w/ bb) and a tomom go630 ($50) and im still searching 4 more shit to trade-in so i could get more to pretty much pay 4 the evo (although upgrade isnt in till aug.-sept) and im debating on waiting till its rooted (cuz of droid 2.2)

another thing 2 think bout is how long would it be for you 2 ship your trade-ins then get the gift card (so if i did my tp2, i would be w/out a phone 4 how long...)

ugh, keep the tp2 as backup...trade-in everything else...keep gift cards till evo is rooted...maybe

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G