PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Haven't been to san jose yet but only gotten the 2.4mbps in vegas and ny..

closest Ive been is san Francisco and it was around 1.2mbps-1.5mps max

and yes no air wave..unless someone is stalking me from behind with an airwave lol
Oh OK that makes sense but then it isn't fair. NY and Vegas are both hspa+ networks and even without an hspa+ modem my phone will get 7mbps or higher currently with my nexus one.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-17-2010, 12:50 PM
WHAT CAN YOU DO WITH 4G?!
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: The non-4G 4G'ers (Sprint)

radar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIPradar369 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to radar369 Send a message via Yahoo to radar369 Send a message via Skype™ to radar369
Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

People......please don't forget that, how guilty Sprint may seem, that $10 charge isn't JUST for 4G! Again..........we don't know what all it covers because the phone hasn't been released yet for us to play with it to see what it does!

Sprint kinda made me look stupid.....in a way.....because they rolled out that $10 charge right after I stated that Sprint wouldn't charge for 4G if its not in your area..........but I am REALLY ANXIOUS to see how many people get this phone and say "WOW, who cares about the $10 charge.....this phone is the $#!T"
Old 05-17-2010, 12:55 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Look what the iPhone did to AT&T's network. I think Sprint is trying to avoid this from happening by getting some extra money to make sure their network doesn't face the same perils.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i have sprint and tmobile. this thread is full of misinformation. i can't believe all the fuss over $10. deezaam! most of everyone complaining is getting a discount anyways!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

the $10 is definitely worth it if you live in a 4g area, those people including myself should not be complaining. Those not even on the 4g list should have some concern, I can understand them. Anybody getting 4g for sure should put yourself in their position. with no 4g and no 4g coming soon, this is basically just another android phone. Is sprint going to charge more for all 1ghz snapdragon or above phones?
Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
the $10 is definitely worth it if you live in a 4g area, those people including myself should not be complaining. Those not even on the 4g list should have some concern, I can understand them. Anybody getting 4g for sure should put yourself in their position. with no 4g and no 4g coming soon, this is basically just another android phone. Is sprint going to charge more for all 1ghz snapdragon or above phones?
Have I mentioned I love the EVO $10 fee or not..LMAO

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I could understand paying the $10 fee if it was only $10 per plan. But if they are charging $10 per phone, then it is a major cost increase to anyone on a family plan. $40 per month in my case. And on top of that, we don't even have 4G out here yet. We are one of the cities that got added to the updated list or whatever, but as of right now I'm looking at a $40 increase in my bill and not getting any upgrades in service- only upgrading the phone.

I love the phone, but $40 per month on top of my already over $200 bill is some significant cheese to commit to for 2 years.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Have I mentioned I love the EVO $10 fee or not..LMAO

CW
but you didn't explain how this is different then any other phone. you just mentioned you don't care. should all 1ghz phones get the $10? you didn't answer that.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
but you didn't explain how this is different then any other phone. you just mentioned you don't care. should all 1ghz phones get the $10? you didn't answer that.
Per sprints qualifiers for the $10 fee yes. I dont agree with the fee mind you Im just telling you what and why.

CW
Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Per sprints qualifiers for the $10 fee yes. I dont agree with the fee mind you Im just telling you what and why.

CW
I wasn't arguing, i just wanted your opinion if all high powered phones should get the charge from here on out. You didn't answer it the 1st time.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G