PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2010, 11:12 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
$10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

So, these threads about the extra $10/mo being soooo terrible are getting out of hand. I've decided to go out and do a comparison vs other carriers for similar plans as the $69.99 Sprint plan to see how it stacks up. Note: Although similar, NONE of these plans from other carriers offer as much as the Sprint plan does.

Sprint (EVO):
$69.99 + $10 Premium Data = $79.99
450 minutes and free m2m
N&W starting at 7pm
Unlimited Data & Text

Verizon (Droid/Incredible):
$59.99 Talk & Text + $29.99 Data = $89.98
450 minutes and free m2m for 5 numbers only
N&W starting at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

AT&T (iPhone 3GS):
$39.99 + $30 Data + $20 Text = $89.99
450 minutes w/ Rollover
N&W starting at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

T-Mobile (G1/MyTouch):
$79.99
500 minutes
N&W at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

This is obviously for people who are threatening to leave Sprint for another carrier because of this stupid $10 fee. Yes, it sucks, but come on...are you really willing to go to another carrier and pay $20 more instead of $10 more (exception: T-Mobile) and get LESS stuff?

Not to mention the fact that you can easily get monthly discounts with Sprint's service as there are links all over the web that show you how to do it (25% is common).

You also get UNCAPPED 3G and 4G with this $10, which I think is actually a great thing a lot of people aren't thinking about. I know, 5GB is a lot in one month (current cap) with 3G, but it's not impossible to hit, and with 4G, that'll be easy as hell since I know most of us will be downloading obscenely large files on it.

Quitchyerbitchin.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:15 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Your thing is not correct, T-Mobile has 2 seperate plans and you only named one. I have a nexus meaning I signed up recently and I'm not in contract, 69.99, 1000 min, unlimited m2m, unlimited text and data.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM
Carrier: Sprint

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
So, these threads about the extra $10/mo being soooo terrible are getting out of hand. I've decided to go out and do a comparison vs other carriers for similar plans as the $69.99 Sprint plan to see how it stacks up. Note: Although similar, NONE of these plans from other carriers offer as much as the Sprint plan does.

Sprint (EVO):
$69.99 + $10 Premium Data = $79.99
450 minutes and free m2m
N&W starting at 7pm
Unlimited Data & Text

Verizon (Droid/Incredible):
$59.99 Talk & Text + $29.99 Data = $89.98
450 minutes and free m2m for 5 numbers only
N&W starting at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

AT&T (iPhone 3GS):
$39.99 + $30 Data + $20 Text = $89.99
450 minutes w/ Rollover
N&W starting at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

T-Mobile (G1/MyTouch):
$79.99
500 minutes
N&W at 9pm
Unlimited Data & Text

This is obviously for people who are threatening to leave Sprint for another carrier because of this stupid $10 fee. Yes, it sucks, but come on...are you really willing to go to another carrier and pay $20 more instead of $10 more (exception: T-Mobile) and get LESS stuff?

Not to mention the fact that you can easily get monthly discounts with Sprint's service as there are links all over the web that show you how to do it (25% is common).

You also get UNCAPPED 3G and 4G with this $10, which I think is actually a great thing a lot of people aren't thinking about. I know, 5GB is a lot in one month (current cap) with 3G, but it's not impossible to hit, and with 4G, that'll be easy as hell since I know most of us will be downloading obscenely large files on it.

Quitchyerbitchin.
This might be a valid post IF 4G was available everywhere. My suggestion, Sprint should only charge the fee ONCE the 4G service is available in a market. Instead, areas that don't have it are subsidizing areas that do. That's the unfair part of this fee. I keep saying it, I'll sign a contract that says "once the 4G service is available in your area, we'll charge a $10 fee" until then, don't charge the fee in those markets.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 AM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

T-Mobile also has 79.99 unlimited everything, unlimited voice, data, and text

Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Your thing is not correct, T-Mobile has 2 seperate plans and you only named one. I have a nexus meaning I signed up recently and I'm not in contract, 69.99, 1000 min, unlimited m2m, unlimited text and data.

I know...they have the "Plus" plans or whatever that you don't sign a contract for, but I wanted this to be as comparable as possible.

Also, I almost didn't add T-Mobile in there at all because their 3G coverage is almost embarrassing when compared to the other 3 competitors. IMO, they really can't compete with the big 3 at this moment in time.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO4g

srk468 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to srk468

I still just cant see it, it's like saying Comcast telling me that because I replaced my 6 year old Dell with a new state of the art Alienware Dell they were going to charge me $10 more a month, not gonna happen unless I go over my data cap at 250 gig. It just makes no sense!
Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Bay Area Boss

Re: Re: $10 is really bothering you? Check this out.

Quote:
I know...they have the "Plus" plans or whatever that you don't sign a contract for, but I wanted this to be as comparable as possible.

Also, I almost didn't add T-Mobile in there at all because their 3G coverage is almost embarrassing when compared to the other 3 competitors. IMO, they really can't compete with the big 3 at this moment in time.
That isn't true, You obviously haven't tried T-Mobile and are just speaking off the top of your head. If You live in a metropolitan area T-Mobile is just as good as any other service, this is 2010, everyone including metro get good coverage. Now I have sprint and T-Mobile and my T-Mobile data speeds are superior by far. T-Mobile has hsdpa which gives me on average between 3-4 mbps, sprint holding on with 1.3, LOL. Sprint has wimax T-Mobile has hspa+, speeds are very similar. Wimax does has a superior ping which is why T-Mobile is doing lte next year.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:23 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjsrik View Post
This might be a valid post IF 4G was available everywhere. My suggestion, Sprint should only charge the fee ONCE the 4G service is available in a market. Instead, areas that don't have it are subsidizing areas that do. That's the unfair part of this fee. I keep saying it, I'll sign a contract that says "once the 4G service is available in your area, we'll charge a $10 fee" until then, don't charge the fee in those markets.
The point in the post is not in the validity of the $10 fee, it's the fact that you still get the best "bang for your buck" with Sprint, even with the $10 added on.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
The point in the post is not in the validity of the $10 fee, it's the fact that you still get the best "bang for your buck" with Sprint, even with the $10 added on.
But again, how is it a "best value" if it's for a service NOT available in most markets. Would you pay extra for cable channels not available in your area even though other markets have them on the promise that they are "coming soon"? Soon when? Tomorrow? Next week? Next month? Next year?

Sprint has NOT been very forthcoming about their rollout dates. Seems very odd about that.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:25 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
That isn't true, You obviously haven't tried T-Mobile and are just speaking off the top of your head. If You live in a metropolitan area T-Mobile is just as good as any other service, this is 2010, everyone including metro get good coverage. Now I have sprint and T-Mobile and my T-Mobile data speeds are superior by far. T-Mobile has hsdpa which gives me on average between 3-4 mbps, sprint holding on with 1.3, LOL. Sprint has wimax T-Mobile has hspa+, speeds are very similar. Wimax does has a superior ping which is why T-Mobile is doing lte next year.

I was a T-Mobile customer for 3 years before I switched to Sprint. Yes, T-Mobile does have 3G in large markets, but that's it. They lack the amount of coverage Verizon and Sprint have. Even AT&T is pretty crappy compared to these two. In the city I live in, we have over 100,000 population, yet Sprint and Verizon are the only two companies that provide 3G. That's pretty sad.

What's funny is that there are a lot of people around here rocking the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but they're using EDGE all day. Awesome value for $90/mo. lol

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G