PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 03:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New plan changes for EVO 4G???

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
I also worked at sprint during the change from 1x to evdo and there was no price increase.
Wrong, lol.

Are you saying Power Vision was the same price as Vision?

Check this old thread:
http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/sp...n-service.html

Back at that time, there were countless threads just like it on all the forums. Power Vision was more expensive, and everyone was trying to keep their old Vision plans (which worked with the 6700, by the way, if you were lucky enough to get a rep that would activate the phone).

I wasn't lucky enough to get a rep that would activate my 6700 on my old plan, and my bill went up. If I recall correctly, it was like $5 per month more. I htink my Vision was $10 per month, and Power Vision was $15 for the cheapest one (unless you got a retenions offer, which everyone started doing).

I'm not saying 4G will cost extra, in fact, I'd be pretty surprised if it did. But EVDO did cost more than 1X back then. Back then Sprint wasn't losing millions of customers every quarter though, and was actually making a profit every quarter. Plus, there was no iPhone and Sprint had the best phone lineup.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 05-10-2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Wrong, lol.

Are you saying Power Vision was the same price as Vision?

Check this old thread:
http://forums.wirelessadvisor.com/sp...n-service.html

Back at that time, there were countless threads just like it on all the forums. Power Vision was more expensive, and everyone was trying to keep their old Vision plans (which worked with the 6700, by the way, if you were lucky enough to get a rep that would activate the phone).

I wasn't lucky enough to get a rep that would activate my 6700 on my old plan, and my bill went up. If I recall correctly, it was like $5 per month more. I htink my Vision was $10 per month, and Power Vision was $15 for the cheapest one (unless you got a retenions offer, which everyone started doing).
i read that thread, and there was no price change i'm confused. I'm telling you man, i worked at sprint and there was no price increase. Now some people had some incompatible plans because of text messaging and so forth but the average customer had no price increase.
Google is the next skynet
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
i read that thread, and there was no price change i'm confused. I'm telling you man, i worked at sprint and there was no price increase. Now some people had some incompatible plans because of text messaging and so forth but the average customer had no price increase.
So then all of those people were going to different stores, calling over and over, all trying to keep their existing vision plan- just for the heck of it?

I'm telling you man, my bill went up when I bought the 6700. And I was one of the people who tried over and over to find a rep that would activate it on my existing plan, but nobody would do it.

This was all over the forums back then too. Everyone was outraged that the cost was going up, when it had proven to work on the old plans for the lucky ones that got it activated on the old plans.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:50 PM
Bay Area Boss

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
So then all of those people were going to different stores, calling over and over, all trying to keep their existing vision plan- just for the heck of it?

I'm telling you man, my bill went up when I bought the 6700. And I was one of the people who tried over and over to find a rep that would activate it on my existing plan, but nobody would do it.

This was all over the forums back then too. Everyone was outraged that the cost was going up, when it had proven to work on the old plans for the lucky ones that got it activated on the old plans.
this is quoted from your own thread. Some people might have given you the run around but it was not a requirement and it didn't cost more.

"I have a grandfathered vision plan and I have concluded that the "The 2nd rep told me that I would have "unlimited Power Vision" but that it would be equivalent to the lowest plan so it meant I had only access to a limited number of channels. But for internet access, it would remain the same."
is correct. I still have unlimited vision, unlimited SMS and it works just fine. Every rep will tell you something different to try to scam you into buying a pricey plan. Stick with what you have."
Old 05-10-2010, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I have to agree with SaltyDawg. When I first made the leap to the 6700 I was told my $10 vision was incompatiable because vision could not support evdo and to get the powervision with picture mail which is what I had with my Sanyo 8100 would cost me $20 or $25 a month. I actually had a rep call me a liar and tell me Evdo was available to me and i needed to make the change. I even had to put a store rep on the phone with the rep to convince him that it was not available. Long story short I found a rep who sold me the 6700 at a new customer price and powervision for $15.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
this is quoted from your own thread. Some people might have given you the run around but it was not a requirement and it didn't cost more.

"I have a grandfathered vision plan and I have concluded that the "The 2nd rep told me that I would have "unlimited Power Vision" but that it would be equivalent to the lowest plan so it meant I had only access to a limited number of channels. But for internet access, it would remain the same."
is correct. I still have unlimited vision, unlimited SMS and it works just fine. Every rep will tell you something different to try to scam you into buying a pricey plan. Stick with what you have."

I can't remember that far back but if I am not mistaken I think my plan stayed the same when I got my two 6700's but increased when I bought my two moguls, I think.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:56 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by samshady View Post
I have to agree with SaltyDawg. When I first made the leap to the 6700 I was told my $10 vision was incompatiable because vision could not support evdo and to get the powervision with picture mail which is what I had with my Sanyo 8100 would cost me $20 or $25 a month. I actually had a rep call me a liar and tell me Evdo was available to me and i needed to make the change. I even had to put a store rep on the phone with the rep to convince him that it was not available. Long story short I found a rep who sold me the 6700 at a new customer price and powervision for $15.
you're right $10 vision plan didn't include picmail, but those that were paying for pic mail pic mail was $5 the $15 plan includes both. Some plans were incompatible as i said earlier because at that point they made $15 the only vision plan.

Last edited by p-slim; 05-10-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 04:10 PM
VIP Member

Quote:

That quote is saying they told him he had to upgrade to a more expensive Power Vision plan, but he found a rep that activated it on his existing plan and it worked just fine.

That's what I have been saying all along- Sprint made people change plans to a more expensive Power Vision plan, but if you were lucky enough to find a rep that would do it, you could get it to work on the existing Vision plan (I was not lucky enough to get to keep my plan, and I had to pay more on a Power Vision plan).
Old 05-10-2010, 04:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff

I'll just wait for official word from Sprint.....
Old 05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
Bay Area Boss

Quote:
That quote is saying they told him he had to upgrade to a more expensive Power Vision plan, but he found a rep that activated it on his existing plan and it worked just fine.

That's what I have been saying all along- Sprint made people change plans to a more expensive Power Vision plan, but if you were lucky enough to find a rep that would do it, you could get it to work on the existing Vision plan (I was not lucky enough to get to keep my plan, and I had to pay more on a Power Vision plan).
so we're basically saying the samething. if you were already paying for picmail and vision then you were good, someone who didn't care for picmail but wanted vision was saving $5, Sprint then forced you to have picmail included, some people it affected and some it didn't.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G