PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 03:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

airborneaussie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond data issues - please help !

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Did you try a hard reset after changing the Modem setting?? Then check if your change sticked...
Yep, the change stuck. Still no joy though....
Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi Again Guys,

Ok here's the latest. I feel like I've taken one step forward and one backwards. By playing around with the EPST settings and aligning them (more or less) with my HTC Vogue, I've managed to get to a point where the EVDO connection returns after a voice call (whereas previously it would just stay in 1X till a soft reset). Problem is though that even though it recognizes EVDO now, it won't connect (not even in 1X) - just keeps telling me that my username or password is wrong. I`ve been trying so many things now with EPST that I`m afraid I`ve mucked up the settings and I can`t seem to get a data connection - AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!

Does anyone know if there`s a place on the net to find stock Telus Diamond EPST settings so that I can align them with a known quantity? I've been searching like crazy and keep coming up empty. I've tried reprogramming the phone via telus (*22803) and it says that it worked except the data connection still doesn't connect....
Old 07-03-2009, 10:36 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Oh, one more thing that I forgot to mention. When it attempts to connect in EVDO, the two little data arrows light up for about a second or two then promptly get 'grayed out'. After about 10 seconds, they try lighting up again (literally for about 1/2 a second) then they gray out again. After that, it switches to 1X and tries again without success.
Thanks for all your help so far, I promise that I'll pay it forward one way or another
Old 07-05-2009, 01:25 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Ok, after spending much (too much) time with my 'time vampire', I think that I've narrowed down what I need to get it working properly. If someone can suggest how to come by the following info, I'd be much obliged. Telus support wasn't much help in acquiring the following info...

I somehow need to determine my 'HDR AN AUTH Password' in the Security page of EPST. Also need my 'PPP Password' on the same page. On my Vogue, both of these values are the ESN of my phone (in Decimal - 11 digits) however this most definitely does not work on my Diamond.

Also, on the M.IP Default Profile Page in EPST, I need my AAA Shared Secret value. I have the HA Shared Secret Value but no joy on the AAA Shared Secret one. Again, on my Vogue, this value is the Decimal ESN of my phone...

Out of desperation, I've tried installing (and running) the Sprint IOTA cab although that (understandably) does not work on the Telus network. I called HTC tech support and they were more useless than Telus Tech Support. I cleared out all the values of the above requested info (I did have the decimal ESN of my Diamond in there thinking (incorrectly) that it would work like the Vogue) and now I'm not getting the 'unable to connect for an unknown reason' balloon. Instead, it just ain't connecting. I feel that I'm close but dead in the water till I can get the values requested above.

Any thought?

Thanks in advance,

Nathan
Old 07-05-2009, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

http://forum.xda-developers.com/arch.../t-381982.html < try looking through this post. there seems to be a lot of info regarding a similar situation as well as those epst settings you're looking for.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi Snowplow54,

Been referencing that post quite a bit over the last few days but all the values that I need are mentioned in the post as "will program when you do OTAS". Presumably, OTAS is some kind of Over The Air programming (like *22803) however these values never populate when I try that. That's why I gave the Sprint IOTA cab a shot as it's my understanding that the IOTA cab provisions the data settings automatically. I was wondering whether Telus have a similar kind of data provisioning but so far I haven't been able to determine it.

Cheers
Old 07-05-2009, 05:44 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Diamond data issues - RESOLVED !! Woo Hoo!

Just got off the phone (again) with Telus technical support and finally got through to someone who helped me get the info that I needed (thanks mate - you know who you are)...

For anyone experiencing similar issues (either now or in the future), here's what I needed...

My HDR AN AUTH Password, PPP Password and AAA Shared Secret are all the same value. The Telus support agent provided me with the missing data (the same string of 13 hexadecimal characters for all three values) and now it's up and running again.

Big thank you to everyone who replied to my cry for help and if anyone encounters similar issues in the future, please feel free to PM and I'll help if I can.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yeah change your ACCOLC to 0 or 1, but that is for your priority over other callers on your tower, 1 & 0 are for police and emergency lines but I set mine to that with no problems.
At Sprint they set it to your last digit of your phone number initially.
Here is a good NAM Thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610

Last edited by Primenall; 07-06-2009 at 08:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primenall View Post
Yeah change your ACCOLC to 0 or 1, but that is for your priority over other callers on your tower, 1 & 0 are for police and emergency lines but I set mine to that with no problems.
At Sprint they set it to your last digit of your phone number initially.
Here is a good NAM Thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11610
That was a good read. Seems there's a lot of conjecture surrounding the ACCOLC settings among people seemingly in 'the know'. I'm more curious about other settings within EPST that govern the data usage. After resolving my data issues, I started having problems again (the data connection would shut down and then not reconnect again) and I figured that it was likely Al's Frugal ROM not playing nicely with my Telus service. Since I flashed back to the stock Telus ROM, it's been nothing but solid.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond