PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

airborneaussie is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Diamond data issues - RESOLVED ! Woo Hoo !!

Hi Guys,

I've been wracking my brain over this one for days with little progress. I've searched the forums high and wide as well as the Internet as a whole without success. I've called Telus Tech support numerous times trying to resolve the issue to no avail.... This post is somewhat of a last resort so here goes...

I bought a used Telus Diamond from a fella in Calgary about a month ago and only activated it on the Telus Network a week and a half ago as a replacement for my Vogue. I love the phone and have been busy trying custom ROMs, etc and getting it just the way that I want it.

The issue lies with the data connection. Basically the phone stays in 1X after a voice call and won't come out of it till a soft reset. Initially, the phone shows Ev in the top bar but as soon as I use it to make a voice call, it reverts to 1X (as it should) but won't switch back to Ev after the voice call has finished. Also, if I use the data connection in Ev after soft resetting it, it behaves like my Vogue did before it's REV A update and won't ring if there's an incoming voice call.

Honestly guys, I'm pulling my hair out over this. Is there any way to completely refresh the phone back to the factory state (i.e., deeper than a hard reset) and start from square one again? Telus support are of the opinion that it's a hardware issue but I suspect it's because they want me to shell out more $$$ for a replacement (it's out of warranty by 2 weeks!). I know that you guys are way smarter than me (and Telus tech support incidently) and am hoping that you may have some things for me to try prior to my throwing in the towel.

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Nathan

Last edited by airborneaussie; 07-05-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Problem solved
Old 07-03-2009, 01:04 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: TELUS

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Diamond data issues - please help !

I would reflash to stock... then reflash the radio... then flash to stock again... and see if that helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:45 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Hi p2k,

Thank you very much for the reply. I've flashed back to the stock ROM, and tried a couple of radios (Sprint & Telus) with no success. However, I will do exactly as you suggested and report back.

Cheers,

Nathan
Old 07-03-2009, 02:15 AM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker

p2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularp2k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Oh if you've already tried that... have you tried pulling the battery?
Old 07-03-2009, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

snowplow54 is keeping up the good worksnowplow54 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to snowplow54

hmm, it sounds to me like more of a software issue, but it could be because of a bad radio, I don't know. Has it always done this, or was it after a specific ROM? maybe if it started after flashing a WM6.5 ROM you could try clearing the internal storage as well. I read 6.5 roms can leave pieces of itself in the internal storage, so that could be why flashing other ROMs wasn't helping. It could also be a coverage issue, but i'm assuming your Vogue had no issues.you could also try updating your PRL, or some of the other technical stuff that I don't know, but other geekers should be able to help you with.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Go to ##778# and put your MSL in then go to HDR and make sure the default is Hybrid in there.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2k View Post
Oh if you've already tried that... have you tried pulling the battery?
Hi p2k,

Ok, tried exactly as you suggested. No joy yet but thanks for the advice. As for pulling the battery, I've given that a go multiple times with tech support....
Old 07-03-2009, 12:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowplow54 View Post
hmm, it sounds to me like more of a software issue, but it could be because of a bad radio, I don't know. Has it always done this, or was it after a specific ROM? maybe if it started after flashing a WM6.5 ROM you could try clearing the internal storage as well. I read 6.5 roms can leave pieces of itself in the internal storage, so that could be why flashing other ROMs wasn't helping. It could also be a coverage issue, but i'm assuming your Vogue had no issues.you could also try updating your PRL, or some of the other technical stuff that I don't know, but other geekers should be able to help you with.

Hi Snowplow, thank you for your suggestion. I was a little naive when I first got the phone and started flashing before registering it on the Telus network. Having said that, I did heed the advice of others and 'always' flashed back to stock before trying a different ROM. At any rate, I had Al's 6.1 ROM installed when I registered the handset on the network and hadn't tried any others since. I did try a 6.5 ROM for a short period before Al's ROM but quickly flashed back to stock then Al's ROM (6.5 just wasn't for me - yet). I've hard reset multiple times and wiped the internal storage clean. Updating the PRL had no effect. EVDO coverage certainly isn't the issue either. Good solid EVDO area.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Go to ##778# and put your MSL in then go to HDR and make sure the default is Hybrid in there.
Hi MrObvious and thank you very much for the reply. At your suggestion, I logged into EPST and under 'Modem Settings', I noticed that 'HDR Hybrid Preferred' was 'Disabled'. I changed the state to 'Enabled', reset but unfortunately am still in the starting gate (still have the problem). Your idea gave me one though. I fired up my Vogue and put them side by side with EPST running on both to see whether they were somewhat similar.

The only other thing (Beside the HDR Hybrid Preferred being enabled on the Vogue) different between the two was under 'NAM Settings-NAM01' where on the Vogue, the value next to ACCOLC was 1 and on the Diamond it was 7.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:33 PM
p2k
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by airborneaussie View Post
Hi MrObvious and thank you very much for the reply. At your suggestion, I logged into EPST and under 'Modem Settings', I noticed that 'HDR Hybrid Preferred' was 'Disabled'. I changed the state to 'Enabled', reset but unfortunately am still in the starting gate (still have the problem). Your idea gave me one though. I fired up my Vogue and put them side by side with EPST running on both to see whether they were somewhat similar.

The only other thing (Beside the HDR Hybrid Preferred being enabled on the Vogue) different between the two was under 'NAM Settings-NAM01' where on the Vogue, the value next to ACCOLC was 1 and on the Diamond it was 7.
Did you try a hard reset after changing the Modem setting?? Then check if your change sticked...

Last edited by p2k; 07-03-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Typo

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond