PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you use?
Invisible Shield/Best Skins Ever Skin 37 27.41%
Boxwave Screen Protector or a SOLE Screen protector? 15 11.11%
OEM Screen Protector 48 35.56%
Nothing (no screen protector) 17 12.59%
Other 18 13.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

mekaputra is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are YOU using? Shield? OEM Screen Protector? Bestskins?! LET YOUR VOICE BE H

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDMB View Post
Rocking the Invisible shield. Put it on yesterday. Got the full body version. And its still a littl "tacky" or sticky when you touch it. But its slowly wearing down. I'm very happy with it so far. Just wish it was easier to instal.

LOL tell me about it - i had to get some heavy help - but yeah i got the invisi shield from Zagg in the beginning of Nov and the stickiness is gone. there are some dust particles, but partialy my fault for not cleanning it well enough. oh well can't be perfect - but

It does come in handy, especially since I have trouble keeping the thing in my hand sometimes - makes it less slippery.

Peace
Old 11-28-2008, 12:32 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: What are YOU using? Shield? OEM Screen Protector? Bestskins?! LET YOUR VOICE BE H

I got a pack of 13 screen protectors made by palm, They're one size fits all so you have to cut them.

The diamond screen is about the same size as the zire, if you cut inside the lines. They work pretty good and for $20, getting 13 of them should last me a loooong time.

I found mine at the bell store in the mall (ontario).
Old 11-28-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

I just put one of these on yesterday, great product and price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170279554000
Old 11-28-2008, 02:04 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
6-pack from Ocha-time on eBay for $10 shipped.

No tackyness, no friction. I'm all about the eBay screen protectors.
ocha-time for me but the mirror shield. I didn't use the bottom button portion because it was too large, not a good fit, plus the buttons were not as responsive. I upped the screen sensitivity since this shield is pretty thick..and all is right in the world of Diamonds....
Old 11-30-2008, 02:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: telus

joedirt is a n00b

Where can I get some of these other screens? I have the OEM but like a donkey I dropped it and my phone looks dirty.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im goin bare naked now too. And to be very honest, its more responsive this way, the screens are generally pretty strong, so it seems to be okay so far. Let's see how long it lasts lol

but i did order the ocha-time ones, lets c how they are when i get em..

btw, eeniemini, can u post some pics of the mirror screen protector? i wanna order that too, but im not sure how itll look on the diamond, if possible a pic with the backlight/screen on, and another with it off, if u dont mind...thanks

Last edited by mixxy; 12-01-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus- Mighty ROM 4.7

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor

I was using a naked screen, until today when i noticed little tiny scratches on the screen. I can't feel them, and i can only see them when the screen is black, but i went ahead and stuck the OEM protector on to prevent the screen from getting like my previous phone and i can't even tell there is a protector on there. But i don't even know how the scratches got on there to begin with, i treat this thing better than a new born haha
Old 12-02-2008, 03:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm waiting on my touch diamond and have some clear ebay protectors (ocha-time) plus some mirrors coming in a few days. For those who have one, if the protector hinders the buttons then wouldn't it be worse on the screen?
Old 12-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

the OEM screen protector that came with the phone fits PERFECTLY. Got it in on the first try but I left a this piece of strand right in the middle of the phone and some gunk on the top right. Couldn't get to it in time Luckily it's not noticable unless you really look for it

How do the ZAGG/Invisible Shields fit? I had one on my Mogul and I realy like how tacky it feels.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:48 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I love the Zagg shield. I have it on my screen and on the buttons. I bought the whole body cover, but I didn't like it on the back, so I took it off.

I also had one on my Mogul and that's why I bought it. It does fit great. I can't even tell it's on there.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond