PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you use?
Invisible Shield/Best Skins Ever Skin 37 27.41%
Boxwave Screen Protector or a SOLE Screen protector? 15 11.11%
OEM Screen Protector 48 35.56%
Nothing (no screen protector) 17 12.59%
Other 18 13.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are YOU using? Shield? OEM Screen Protector? Bestskins?! LET YOUR VOICE BE H

I've had the zagg, bestskinsever and the ebay type shields before. For a touch screen I imagine the zagg/bestskins can be too tacky for finger usage. I didn't have it on a touch screen so it didn't really "smooth" out over time. They fit perfectly (body and screen) on the 3 phones I had them for though. However I've given up on the body skins on my last phone though because they tends to yellow and detach near the edges/corners after a few months.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Re: What are YOU using? Shield? OEM Screen Protector? Bestskins?! LET YOUR VOICE BE H

what about extra strgenth scran wrap
or how about a zip lock freezer bag?
Old 12-05-2008, 08:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb02 View Post
what about extra strgenth scran wrap
or how about a zip lock freezer bag?

lol, all feasible choices, but might be too expensive for an everyday user. =)

Old 12-05-2008, 08:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio, TP2, BB Bold, Palm Pre, Droid, iPhone 3gs
Carrier: Verizon, ATT, Sprint

iLogiK is just getting started

I put on boxwave anti-glare screen on it and it looks like crap. It diffuses the light so it makes it difficult to read text, just looks really fuzzy and on top of that I still see some glare on it
Old 12-05-2008, 10:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work

I had a Boxwave anti-glare protector and it sucked. BSE has been on my Diamond for a couple of weeks now and I'm really liking it.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLogiK View Post
I put on boxwave anti-glare screen on it and it looks like crap. It diffuses the light so it makes it difficult to read text, just looks really fuzzy and on top of that I still see some glare on it
wow, i never knew that, thanks for that input, it'll help others decide when purchasing the item
Old 12-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I just got the invisible shield, not what I was expecting but I like it. It takes a little getting used to but I was lucky. Before I got the invisible shield my OEM shield got pried off and bent in my pocket, one of the corners got caught on a piece of string and when I pulled it out it bent. As a temporary replacement I took a piece of polyurethane sheeting off a piece of new equipment at work. I work with pinpads and a lot of them come with a poly screen protector out of the box. We usually take them off and throw them out. i got the idea of using one for a screen protector until I could order a new one. It worked great it was a little tacky and it took some getting used to so when my invisible shield arrived i was stunned to find out it was the exact same thing. I wasted 15$ when I already had one for free, hell I have like twenty of them, all free. I cut them to the right size and it fits like a glove, I thought about returning the invisible shield but I decided to take the loss as it comes with a spray to help install the shied and a nice rubber squeegee. I learned my lesson on this one. As for the screen, it is a little takcy and it affects the sensitivity but nothing you can't get used to in a matter of minutes. Also the protector itself appears a bit wavvy when the screen is off. I did notice that the longer you have it on the better it responds and even looks. Hope this helps someone!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

I'm astounded at how expensive some of these "premium" screen protectors like Invisible Shield get.
Old 12-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my question is, how many of you people use a full body protection or just the screen protector?
Old 12-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
my question is, how many of you people use a full body protection or just the screen protector?
ah HA, i suspect an additional poll. LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond