View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 11:07 AM
majorassface
Regular 'Geeker

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What are YOU using? Shield? OEM Screen Protector? Bestskins?! LET YOUR VOICE BE H

I just got the invisible shield, not what I was expecting but I like it. It takes a little getting used to but I was lucky. Before I got the invisible shield my OEM shield got pried off and bent in my pocket, one of the corners got caught on a piece of string and when I pulled it out it bent. As a temporary replacement I took a piece of polyurethane sheeting off a piece of new equipment at work. I work with pinpads and a lot of them come with a poly screen protector out of the box. We usually take them off and throw them out. i got the idea of using one for a screen protector until I could order a new one. It worked great it was a little tacky and it took some getting used to so when my invisible shield arrived i was stunned to find out it was the exact same thing. I wasted 15$ when I already had one for free, hell I have like twenty of them, all free. I cut them to the right size and it fits like a glove, I thought about returning the invisible shield but I decided to take the loss as it comes with a spray to help install the shied and a nice rubber squeegee. I learned my lesson on this one. As for the screen, it is a little takcy and it affects the sensitivity but nothing you can't get used to in a matter of minutes. Also the protector itself appears a bit wavvy when the screen is off. I did notice that the longer you have it on the better it responds and even looks. Hope this helps someone!