PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100
Re: Diamond Heating Issues Explained?

those of us with tep will just make up a dumb a** story like it keeps resetting to get a new one lol

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
those of us with tep will just make up a dumb a** story like it keeps resetting to get a new one lol
Old 10-24-2008, 10:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I took one of my Diamonds apart, several layers down--I don't see how and where an additional shield could be practical. There also would seem to be very little to no room for an additional piece of shield.

1) Based on the design, the lower back IS the heat sink and IS supposed to get hot.

2)There is a heat sink gel sandwiched between the plastic and electonics, my basis for the statement in #1.

3) The battery is already in an aluminium tray with a copper plate under it. I don't see how further insulation can make a difference in keeping the battery cooler

4) There is a ribbon heat conductor that goes from the lower portion to just under the battery (which connects the electronics cover that contacts the heat sink gel to the back side of the battery tray, where the copper plate is). This seems to be a strategy to distribute the heat TO the battery tray.

Other observations:

1) There is a TINY lithium-cell battery on the circuit board

2) The stylus removal detection is handled by a mechanical switch

///

I know this post is worthless without pictures. I will leave it apart, take some pictures this weekend and post.

///

Image test:

[IMG]ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Users/snovvman/DSCF2177.JPG[/IMG]

If you want to see more of the linked image, let me know how to properly post it. I took about 15 pictures. It shows shows when I'm editing the post, but doesn't seem to work after I save.

Last edited by snovvman; 10-25-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

I have a thread on calling in about the diamond. check it out .it will help us all
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I took one of my Diamonds apart, several layers down--I don't see how and where an additional shield could be practical. There also would seem to be very little to no room for an additional piece of shield.

1) Based on the design, the lower back IS the heat sink and IS supposed to get hot.

2)There is a heat sink gel sandwiched between the plastic and electonics, my basis for the statement in #1.

3) The battery is already in an aluminium tray with a copper plate under it. I don't see how further insulation can make a difference in keeping the battery cooler

4) There is a ribbon heat conductor that goes from the lower portion to just under the battery (which connects the electronics cover that contacts the heat sink gel to the back side of the battery tray, where the copper plate is). This seems to be a strategy to distribute the heat TO the battery tray.

Other observations:

1) There is a TINY lithium-cell battery on the circuit board

2) The stylus removal detection is handled by a mechanical switch

///

I know this post is worthless without pictures. I will leave it apart, take some pictures this weekend and post.
good post, i had no clue the stylus detection was controlled by something mechanical
Old 10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Always insure the item. Usually if you add it online anyway it pretty much looks like an upgrade if i understand. I purchased a brand new Mogul off Ebay last year and it still got all the benefits of the other 4 lines i did purchase from sprint
Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Always insure the item. Usually if you add it online anyway it pretty much looks like an upgrade if i understand. I purchased a brand new Mogul off Ebay last year and it still got all the benefits of the other 4 lines i did purchase from sprint
I'll get the Pro insured once I swap to it, hopefully around Nov. 2nd.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM
arc
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

arc is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to arc Send a message via MSN to arc Send a message via Yahoo to arc

Here Is A Tidbit I Think You Guys That Just Got Your Diamond Might Like To Know, I Called Sprint being That My Phone is Having The Heat Issue As Well, When I Spoke To The Technical Assistance Team They Told Me That They Had No Documented Issues With Heat On The Touch Diamond, And They Told Me That I Needed To Take It To A Sprint Store. I Explained To Them That The Nearest Store Was 30 Miles Away And That I Didnt Get Off Work Till After The Store Closed Anyways And They Transferred Me To Account Services. When They Picked Up My Call, They Said That They Had Multiple Documentations Of The Issue And Being That It Is A Known Issue I Can Swap My Diamond For Either Another Diamond Or A Pro, So Now On November 2nd I Will Have A Touch Pro Sitting In My Hands, Just Figured The Guys Just Getting Their Phones Might Want To Look Into This. The 30 Day Swap Thing Wasnt A Problem Either As It Is A Known Problem, I Had My Phone For 35 Days.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Lurker

rocajack1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
lol telus are a bunch of f*ck tards for a lack of better terms. ive been with them for 8 years and believe me they can screw the dog pretty damn good.

totally agree. I have been with telus since 99. Yeap, they can screw you anyway they can. I am with them because reception is the best in rural BC where I do much of my business. I would be VERY SURPRISED if Telus got a good conscience on customer service all of a sudden and replace these units.

RJ
Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc View Post
Here Is A Tidbit I Think You Guys That Just Got Your Diamond Might Like To Know, I Called Sprint being That My Phone is Having The Heat Issue As Well, When I Spoke To The Technical Assistance Team They Told Me That They Had No Documented Issues With Heat On The Touch Diamond, And They Told Me That I Needed To Take It To A Sprint Store. I Explained To Them That The Nearest Store Was 30 Miles Away And That I Didnt Get Off Work Till After The Store Closed Anyways And They Transferred Me To Account Services. When They Picked Up My Call, They Said That They Had Multiple Documentations Of The Issue And Being That It Is A Known Issue I Can Swap My Diamond For Either Another Diamond Or A Pro, So Now On November 2nd I Will Have A Touch Pro Sitting In My Hands, Just Figured The Guys Just Getting Their Phones Might Want To Look Into This. The 30 Day Swap Thing Wasnt A Problem Either As It Is A Known Problem, I Had My Phone For 35 Days.
i like the sound of this
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond