PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

tehrandixon is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

The tech only say pic link in text because that is what they are taught and how the demo phone look. Think abot it, thats how the phone actually comes. All they got to do is Suspend your line wait a few then make it active again. Its something that simple. Only thing is if you have to switch your Diamond to another line, you got to do it again.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Threads merged.

late,
Coz
Old 09-28-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

smeg36 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspster View Post
So quick question and I'm not sure how many others have a plan like this or not but I currently have one of the old employee plans that no longer exist. Picture mail is already included with this plan, Will there be a way to take it out and re-ad it without messin with my sweet plan..? I know my plan is no longer available and once it is taken out it cant be added so I guess I'm sticking with sMMS or maybe just re-install the CAB thats floating around..?
If you make a backup with either Sprite or SPB, you have nothing to lose by trying the method I posted on the previous page (except maybe 20 minutes). I really think the problem with PictureMail is that the phone didn't activate properly with the wireless activation the first time. At least for me that was the problem. After doing the reset using the method I previously posted, the wireless activation was successful (because the phone was already added to my account). Then the PictureMail app started working properly. It's worth a try at very least.
Old 09-28-2008, 02:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Raspster is becoming a great contributor

Thanks smeg36, I'll give it a try.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mattgreek is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattgreek Send a message via MSN to mattgreek Send a message via Yahoo to mattgreek Send a message via Skype™ to mattgreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
I called CS yesterday for another issue, but my PIctureMail was also not working. During the troubleshooting process for my other issue, advanced technical support had me do a hard reset. They had me use a dialer code to do it though. After the hard reset, the phone did the wireless activation, but was successful this time. I then restored from a SPB Backup I'd made. After this, my PictureMail is now showing up in the PictureMail account on the phone, not a SMS with link. So here's the steps I took to get it working (you'll need your MSL code):

1) Go to the dialpad and type ##786#
2) On the right soft key tap Menu, then tap Reset
3) Enter the lock code (your MSL)
4) Let the phone boot completely following the setup screen
5) Let the Customizations run. It'll soft reset your phone
6) The phone will boot again, run the wireless activation, then the phone will soft reset
7) PictureMail should now be working. If you have a backup made, you can restore from it. It'll still work after restoring.

I hope this works for others, it worked great for me.
Does a Full SPB Backup create an actual image of the phone, like creating a complete backup of the harddrive of a computer or just a backup of certain things? I'm wondering b/c if I do a hard reset, will the SPB Backup include all the changes I made to registry and the cabs I installed? Thanks!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Restoring from a backup will restore everything exactly as it was before the hard reset, including the registry.
Old 09-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Lurker

mattgreek is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to mattgreek Send a message via MSN to mattgreek Send a message via Yahoo to mattgreek Send a message via Skype™ to mattgreek

Quote:
Restoring from a backup will restore everything exactly as it was before the hard reset, including the registry.
Cool, thanks for the quick reply!
Old 09-28-2008, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx, Treo 700p,HTC Mogul PPC6800, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SprintPCS

shelovezlaw is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to shelovezlaw

HELLO

Does anyone know how to fix the issue that I am having with Sprint's picture mail? Once I downloaded the 6.1 rom everything seemed to work fine. Pic mail was work fine, until now. When I attempt to send a pic mail, I receive a pop-up message that says, "Memory is low, Sprint picture cannot load."

May someone help me out with this issue?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Lurker

mattgreek is a n00b

Quote:
So I did the hard reset and got picture mail to work correctly, then I go to reload the SPB Backup that I had made but apparently there were a few files that didn't back up correctly so now TouchFlo 3D doesn't work, it says "launching..." several times until finally saying "Tap here to launch TouchFlo 3D" but it won't start. These are the files that didn't backup:

2008-09-28 15:20:35 Backup process started...
2008-09-28 15:20:36 Unable to read from file "\cemail.vol".
2008-09-28 15:40:30 Unable to read from file "\Windows\2330fc3c_manila".
2008-09-28 15:46:09 Unable to read from file "\Windows\eT9AsDb.Adb".
2008-09-28 15:46:10 Unable to read from file "\Windows\eT9Cdb.Cdb".
2008-09-28 15:46:11 Unable to read from file "\Windows\eT9Rudb.Rdb".
2008-09-28 15:48:21 Unable to read from file "\Windows\lic\lsoma0000000000000000000000000000000 000000000.db".
2008-09-28 15:56:41 Unable to read from file "\Documents and Settings\default.vol".
2008-09-28 15:56:59 Unable to read from file "\mxip_notify.vol".
2008-09-28 15:57:00 Unable to read from file "\mxip_system.vol".
2008-09-28 15:57:00 Unable to read from file "\mxip_lang.vol".
2008-09-28 15:57:58 Total storing time: 37:22.381

Any advice or do I need to just hard reset and start from scratch? Going to Programs -> Phone won't launch the phone so I can't do the ## codes, is there another way to fix that or to reset? Thanks.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I had that problem happen to me once. I did a soft reset, and it started working correctly. I had a backup from the previous day though, so I just rerestored from that one to be sure it would work. Try the soft reset and see if that works. At least you verified this works to get PictureMail working, thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond