Thread: Sprint MMS
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2008, 08:32 PM
mattgreek
Lurker

mattgreek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to mattgreek Send a message via MSN to mattgreek Send a message via Yahoo to mattgreek Send a message via Skype™ to mattgreek
Re: Sprint MMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeg36 View Post
I called CS yesterday for another issue, but my PIctureMail was also not working. During the troubleshooting process for my other issue, advanced technical support had me do a hard reset. They had me use a dialer code to do it though. After the hard reset, the phone did the wireless activation, but was successful this time. I then restored from a SPB Backup I'd made. After this, my PictureMail is now showing up in the PictureMail account on the phone, not a SMS with link. So here's the steps I took to get it working (you'll need your MSL code):

1) Go to the dialpad and type ##786#
2) On the right soft key tap Menu, then tap Reset
3) Enter the lock code (your MSL)
4) Let the phone boot completely following the setup screen
5) Let the Customizations run. It'll soft reset your phone
6) The phone will boot again, run the wireless activation, then the phone will soft reset
7) PictureMail should now be working. If you have a backup made, you can restore from it. It'll still work after restoring.

I hope this works for others, it worked great for me.
Does a Full SPB Backup create an actual image of the phone, like creating a complete backup of the harddrive of a computer or just a backup of certain things? I'm wondering b/c if I do a hard reset, will the SPB Backup include all the changes I made to registry and the cabs I installed? Thanks!