PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

I've seen more than one post now regarding "he messed up my phone and I can't get to Internet". My experience with Sprint's support is that they are not yet familiar with the Diamond. When they have you do an IOTA/reset under ##DATA#, you must run "Update Profile" under Settings/System. This will repopulate the necessary settings for data connection. The two techs I spoke with did not know this.

Cheers.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: My EVO punches your IPHONES
Carrier: Sprint

mebo73 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to mebo73
Picture Messaging

As im might be getting the diamond till the pro comes out, did they set it up yet to send pictures in text messages yet??
Old 09-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

yeh tech support is clueless 3 different reps told me the diamond cant receive picture messages straight only through texts and i said ive seen it work and they said well we dont know how it cant. They pretty much refuse to help or reset my picturemail because they think im dumb when i obviouly know more than them. i figured whatever ill click the link for now with the 1 or 2 i receive in months, i mostly send/upload, until they get things straight on their end, dont wanna waste more time on the phone with clueless tech support reps.
Old 09-28-2008, 01:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237
Re: Picture Messaging

yeah and it works, but you might want to read another post here about it to see how much trouble every one had to go through with sprint to get them to correct the problem to get it working
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch pro
Carrier: sprint

nelly48237 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to nelly48237

Quote:
Originally Posted by snovvman View Post
I've seen more than one post now regarding "he messed up my phone and I can't get to Internet". My experience with Sprint's support is that they are not yet familiar with the Diamond. When they have you do an IOTA/reset under ##DATA#, you must run "Update Profile" under Settings/System. This will repopulate the necessary settings for data connection. The two techs I spoke with did not know this.

Cheers.
thats very true. thats the first thing the higher up support said.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

saiyen2012 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt.Kickass View Post
I installed the cab on my Mogul. It crashes everytime i try to attach a picture.
same problem. i cant even delete the program it doesnt even show a install file. i even looked in the registry.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:42 AM
N00b

saiyen2012 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeslatino120 View Post
yay! okay so i don't know what i did but my picture mail is now working...i finally have a full mogul...so i got the .cab from the first pages..i installed it...i send a picture.. worked ...then i went to configure destinations... and it does loads to mysprint web pictures.. then i sent myself a pic from the web and yay i got it under sprint picture mail so i get a little camera icon nedt to ev when i have a new pic...no alert just the cam but hey i am happy with that...now i can send and receive pic like it was meant to be... dont know how or what happend i just got the .cab and soft reset and it worked .. awesome......yay
i tried a soft reset it didnt work for me.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Raspster is becoming a great contributor

So quick question and I'm not sure how many others have a plan like this or not but I currently have one of the old employee plans that no longer exist. Picture mail is already included with this plan, Will there be a way to take it out and re-ad it without messin with my sweet plan..? I know my plan is no longer available and once it is taken out it cant be added so I guess I'm sticking with sMMS or maybe just re-install the CAB thats floating around..?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

munnarg is keeping up the good workmunnarg is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to munnarg

Not sure if this was already asked, but is this true MMS or just picturemail? I'm VERY curious about this.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:10 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnarg View Post
Not sure if this was already asked, but is this true MMS or just picturemail? I'm VERY curious about this.
It is MMS, it can send video and audio.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond