PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 06:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint MMS

I just dont understand why sprint cant get standard MMS messaging to work. I mean when we all used ArcSoft it worked great ! That was MMS. None of this sign up at a website, then bend over backwards, blah blah. We have phones that cost as much as some peoples rent, and it cant even send a standard mms message. I tried it once and my wife couldnt even get the message on verizon, so I tried my Alltel account, my friends T-Mobile number, none of them receieved a single picture. I can go buy a crappy 30 pay as you go phone or some other lower model and it will send MMS messages to any number I choose. Get it together SPRINT !
Old 09-22-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

iamjasonc is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
I just dont understand why sprint cant get standard MMS messaging to work. I mean when we all used ArcSoft it worked great ! That was MMS. None of this sign up at a website, then bend over backwards, blah blah. We have phones that cost as much as some peoples rent, and it cant even send a standard mms message. I tried it once and my wife couldnt even get the message on verizon, so I tried my Alltel account, my friends T-Mobile number, none of them receieved a single picture. I can go buy a crappy 30 pay as you go phone or some other lower model and it will send MMS messages to any number I choose. Get it together SPRINT !
I dunno WHY Sprint is so hesitant to let go of their whole "Picture Mail" platform....seems very stubborn on their part really. It can't be a big moneymaker...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

the most frustrating part about it is, that Someguy SMMS works GREAT! and honestly they could have just stole his idea ( which they basically did) and made it work even better. but this crap doesnt work for everyone, not me at least.

tech support finally said my phone was not right and are sending me a return kit and a new phone, we will see if this makes a difference.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

I tried that cab, it didn't work for me. I am on a chat session with customer service having them drop picturemail off me account and reprogram my profile will post results when I am done.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
the most frustrating part about it is, that Someguy SMMS works GREAT! and honestly they could have just stole his idea ( which they basically did) and made it work even better. but this crap doesnt work for everyone, not me at least.

tech support finally said my phone was not right and are sending me a return kit and a new phone, we will see if this makes a difference.

Sorry to hear that man. The first time I called, the tech who helped me messed it up and it still wasn't working right. I called back the next day and this guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. He said since I have an everything plan, that he would have to take it off, and put me on a seasonal plan, which would cancel my data and picture mail account. The he waited a while, put it back on and I had to Update the profile on my phone. It worked instantly. Maybe you could call back and get another tech?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HERO

Brock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on repBrock1909 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Brock1909 Send a message via MSN to Brock1909 Send a message via Yahoo to Brock1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
Sorry to hear that man. The first time I called, the tech who helped me messed it up and it still wasn't working right. I called back the next day and this guy really seemed to know what he was talking about. He said since I have an everything plan, that he would have to take it off, and put me on a seasonal plan, which would cancel my data and picture mail account. The he waited a while, put it back on and I had to Update the profile on my phone. It worked instantly. Maybe you could call back and get another tech?
i called back 5 times total, probably 15 hours on the phone total, bucnh of BS. no one knew what they were doing, when i get the new phone i am going to call and ask for a supervisor and tell him/her to get someone on the phone that knows wtf they are doing.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
i called back 5 times total, probably 15 hours on the phone total, bucnh of BS. no one knew what they were doing, when i get the new phone i am going to call and ask for a supervisor and tell him/her to get someone on the phone that knows wtf they are doing.

Man, that's ridiculous. Hope you get it all worked out.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

jimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmiekain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to jimmiekain Send a message via MSN to jimmiekain Send a message via Yahoo to jimmiekain

help me! when I receive picture mail it won't download correctly it only saves as download.do HOW DO I FIX THIS?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

savior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIPsavior02 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to savior02

at first the picturemail.cab didnt work on my vogue...i than kept trying and i noticed right after i press send and i stay on that sending screen it will send but if i press continue it wont...but sometimes it will....and than about a couple minutes later after it successfully sends ill get a data error code......but thats it..i tested it sending pics to myself and others.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

maryanne is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
I see a lot of this in this thread, cancel data, picture mail account, put it back on, etc. etc. I spent an hour or so on the phone with Sprint before he got it working but I read some of what was on this thread to him so he would know what to do lol.

Oh and I also asked for an advanced tech first off!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond