PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Diamond Thoughts.

Do you all leave the auto backlight dimmer on or off? I leave mines on to save battery. And I get about a little over 4 hours of battery life on a full charge. Using it 4 hours straight too.(web, music, and other) Another thing I noticed last night. I decided to bring up the brightness all the way up just to see it at its full glory. And around the plastic display , I had alot of light leakage. Makes the phone look real cheap in my opinion. And because of this light leakage.. I am convinced I will return it for the PRO. Don't get me wrong. Its still a kik asss ppc! But I wanna try the keyboard and size of the pro.

Last edited by Exil3d; 09-19-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola droid
Carrier: verizon

travisjulian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to travisjulian

is it possible to unlock the diamond that came out for sprint and use on the verizon network, i use build os and 9i dont see why i cant i just wanted to clarify this before i dropped abunch of money. thanks .
Old 09-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Honestly I dought it. unless you clone a Verizon ESN to a Sprint Diamond.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone know how to make the street names bigger on Microsoft Live search. I can't really use it for GPS anymore it looks to small. It looks a lot better on the vogue.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

i kind of wish they made this pda wider like the touch, it did not look this narrow in pictures, sort of reminds me of them narrow blackberrys, the narrowness of the diamond also makes it seem thicker than the the touch but i think its listed specs wise as being slimmer. some of the interface features with the diamond are real cool,but just commenting on the build and design i think the touch just overall looks better once you get by the newness of the diamond.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

hEY, i JUST INSTALLED jUICY 1.1 rom on this and I got to say Opera is 2x faster! Incredible.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ok... Just finished up a full battery test. And I am tired!!!!!!!!!!!! Today at 3:35 pm I unplugged my car adapter from my Diamond. Turn it off and got out my car and went to my local mall. I sat down and turned it on and began the test at exactly 3:40pm. I left everything to default and I am running Juicy 1.1 rom. I did not let the customazation to run. So its a bare rom. So the backlight was at AUTO. I did a full web surf until the ppc died. At 7:45pm the Diamond shut off due to a dead battery. I would guess the Auto Backlight was about 50% since my malls light were not that bright or too dim. So there you have it. The diamond battery lasted 4hourds and 5 minutes of a full web surf session. Just so you know.. it was just web serf and no Streaming. Only thing running in the background was the default TFLo3d playing my MP3's. Also.. this was my 6th Battery charge. So its almost done conditioned.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Ok... today I will do another battery test. This time I will surf non stop with mp3's palying in the background. But only difference will be that i will have the Auto Backlight on the OFF setting and the brightness at max. I am curious how long will that last. Wish me luck!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Exli3d, that sounds interesting... I'd be more curious about how long it can play MP3s though with everything else off including the screen. (Might need TCPMP or something that has screen control available)

You've done a test that told us what the phone was like as a web browser,
A test that tells us what it is like as a MP3 Player would be neat
Also a test as a video player would be neat too.

I'm not sure what a test as a Web Browser w/ MP3 w/ brightness at MAX sounds a bit convoluted and I'm not sure what it would really tell us... Maximum drain testing perhaps?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: motorola droid
Carrier: verizon

travisjulian is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to travisjulian

it would be nice to have a diamond but not worth switching networks. guess i will have to wait for it to come to verizon. although the touch is nice to to haveing more ram. much mor stable.but i like a qwerty keyboard. owell thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond