PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

PapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPapaDocta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

nothing so far.. just support for the new phone... and i'm still playing with it and will post if i find something interesting
Old 11-14-2008, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

woods is a n00b

Htc Diamond Touch from Alltell.
Rom version 1.13.671.2
radio 1.03.13f.

Followed all steps with no problems. Gps dosn't work at all. I get Seeking GPS satellites (0) and nothing else. Have confirmed that all setting are correct.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Lurker

JiBB is a n00b

I have exactly the same problem

ROM v: 1.93.831.1 WWE
Radio version 1.00.25.05
Old 11-15-2008, 01:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

see this threads troubleshooting section. it is for 6800 but will help. remember im sending u here just for the troubleshooting section in post #1.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377
Old 11-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Lurker

woods is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
see this threads troubleshooting section. it is for 6800 but will help. remember im sending u here just for the troubleshooting section in post #1.http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377
I appreciate the response but i have already gone through that thread multiple times. Every thing looks correct on my end but its like the gps isnt working. I loaded up gps test and it just sits at starting gps. I am going to do a hard reset today and see where i end up. Will post back.

Ok here is the thing, I am by far a novice at getting things up and running. I have been messing with ppc for a long time. This is a brand new stock Alltell Diamond Touch. It should work out of the box with no messing around. How is someone with out a technology backgroud supposed to get one of these working if i cannot. Wife has an iphone with gps, works like a charm. No configuration, no setup. I have hard reset phone, installed nothing. Made sure location service was on, check though diag mode that settings for agps remained. Patched reg on phone with agps info. Reguardless if agps is working or not the damm gps should work albiet take longer to lock on. Put gps test 1.04 onto phone. it sees some sporadic sats which could be noise or not. It never comes out of the "starting gps" in yellow. Never gets a lock and never tells me my location.

I have to say that either Alltell has locked the gps to only work with their software, which i refuse to pay 9.99 a month or Htc has a serious problem with the GPS in their new Touch Diamond. There is no way possible that it should be this diffecult to get up and running. Box says gps, it should work.

Last edited by woods; 11-15-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

wow. sounds like u tried every thing. if u did all that and comm port is right then ur gps could be bad. u are right that even if agps doesnt work the gps should get a lock. it could take 10 mins though.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Lurker

woods is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow-tech View Post
wow. sounds like u tried every thing. if u did all that and comm port is right then ur gps could be bad. u are right that even if agps doesn't work the gps should get a lock. it could take 10 mins though.
Ya gps is set to com 4, gps_test finds it on com 4. While driving around yesterday i got some sporadic Sat info in yellow, hell even had 5 on the screen at once. All were yellow, none ever locked. I am gonna flash it with a new rom Today and do a hard reset and go from there. Quite possible that the Gps is bad, ill have Alltel ship me out a new one this week if i cannot get it working today.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:21 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods View Post
Ya gps is set to com 4, gps_test finds it on com 4. While driving around yesterday i got some sporadic Sat info in yellow, hell even had 5 on the screen at once. All were yellow, none ever locked. I am gonna flash it with a new rom Today and do a hard reset and go from there. Quite possible that the Gps is bad, ill have Alltel ship me out a new one this week if i cannot get it working today.
sounds like your headed for a replacement, let us know if the replacement works (and u just had a bad chip maybe)
Old 11-19-2008, 01:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6800
Carrier: AllTel

SWilliams68 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to SWilliams68 Send a message via MSN to SWilliams68 Send a message via Yahoo to SWilliams68

I have the exact same phone, service, version, and problem as woods. Anyone resolved it yet?
Old 11-21-2008, 12:56 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I've updated the first post with a revised process.

I've updated the QPST version to build 301 (thanks PapaDocta)
I've added GPS Settings cabs with carrier specific settings. (thank you very, very much to Shadow-tech!!!)
And revised the instructions to reflect these changes.

For TomTom users, the 'No Server Settings' cab should be used

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond