PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

twospirits is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Configure GPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
3. Let windows install your new hardware. There will be two dialogs that come up. The first one should install after you click next. The next will require a file called qcmdmxp.sys and says it can't be found. As luck has it, your computer already has this file, and it's located here:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\.
Simply tell the wizard to look there, and it will show the file, click on it, and the installation will finish.

If you have Vista, try the drivers HERE
Maybe its me, but I usually am good at following instructions and yet this step # 3 really drives me nuts.

I have the Sprint Touch Diamond and have downoaded the files as mentioned and yet I can't get QSPT to recognize my phone.

Connected the phone via USB to PC - Checked
Place phone in Diagnostic mode by typing ##DIAG# - Checked
Downloaded Vista Drivers - Checked
Downloaded and installed QSPT - Checked
Run the QSPT Service Programming - Checked
Double-Clicked the little globe - Checked
Try to add a com # new port showing my phone bing No Banana

I assume it has to do with the vista drivers, but like I said the QSPT installer did not ask for them. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong, or if those Vista drivers have to be placed in a certain folder.

Any Help would be very much appriciated.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Maybe its me, but I usually am good at following instructions and yet this step # 3 really drives me nuts.

I have the Sprint Touch Diamond and have downoaded the files as mentioned and yet I can't get QSPT to recognize my phone.

Connected the phone via USB to PC - Checked
Place phone in Diagnostic mode by typing ##DIAG# - Checked
Downloaded Vista Drivers - Checked
Downloaded and installed QSPT - Checked
Run the QSPT Service Programming - Checked
Double-Clicked the little globe - Checked
Try to add a com # new port showing my phone bing No Banana

I assume it has to do with the vista drivers, but like I said the QSPT installer did not ask for them. Anyone know what I could be doing wrong, or if those Vista drivers have to be placed in a certain folder.

Any Help would be very much appriciated.
put phone in DIAG mode. plug into usb. wait 30 secs. goto device manager on PC. goto port and expand it. see what com port the diagnostic device is on. example is COM5.

just remember that for a sec.

goback to qpst config, click add port. type COM5 then under description just type like DIAG or something.

now launch qpst service programming.

the key is to have it say COM5 not just 5.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG SAGA
Carrier: VERIZON

dcdog59 is a n00b

I have the Sprint TP running on the VZW network. when I first flashed the leaked VZW rom to my phone the GPS worked fine, but then I flashed Juggs rom and things stopped working. So I'm back to the VZW leaked ROM but can NOT get the GPS to work, I've applied all the steps in this thread with no luck. All my verizon IP and port information seems to look ok, any suggestions?
Old 02-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Check again.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond (Sprint)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

sephirothhoo is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavez View Post
Here are verizon settings

PDE IP: 66.174.95.132
PDE Port: 8888

Cab: http://wavez.net/diamond/GPS%20Regis...%20Verizon.cab
Are you using PDE or Mobile? Do you have floating issue? Sometime the pointer will shift.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephirothhoo View Post
Are you using PDE or Mobile? Do you have floating issue? Sometime the pointer will shift.
Never mind, found it on http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36377. mobile is better if you use software like TomTom/Garmin.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:02 PM
N00b

I still have the shifting problem. For example, my Garmin GPS unit show I am on the road, but my phone show I am off road. Usually it is off by 10m - 40m. Not sure this is what they call GPS Lag.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

scc135 is a n00b

OK, I can't get this to work. I'm on sprint. I purchased used, cleared completely, and changed my rom to mighty 4.4.1. I've never had my gps work, and followed each step. I can change the registry through QPST and wrote it, and used PHM reg edit to check that gps mode is 2, ip and port is correct to sprint on my phone, and the location is on instead of e911. I am still getting seeking gps satellites (0) even though the phone is right next to the window. Any hints or help? This is really annoying.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800 & Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

shadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on repshadow-tech is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc135 View Post
OK, I can't get this to work. I'm on sprint. I purchased used, cleared completely, and changed my rom to mighty 4.4.1. I've never had my gps work, and followed each step. I can change the registry through QPST and wrote it, and used PHM reg edit to check that gps mode is 2, ip and port is correct to sprint on my phone, and the location is on instead of e911. I am still getting seeking gps satellites (0) even though the phone is right next to the window. Any hints or help? This is really annoying.
see if ur reg edits are still there. U may want to use the CAB file or else the reg edits may not stay. also double check that the gpsone settings are still there using QPST. Rom flashing can erase em. basically just double check everything is still there.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

It can't erase the gpsOne settings unless it's a stock ROM, and I don't think those erase it either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond